December 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    good morning. Hit my 100 yesterday for the month just in time for storm elliot to hit later today. 1 more run and then I might have to hibernate tomorrow. At least there is no ice and the ground temp is still warm this time. I think this storm is hitting all the US so everyone be careful. I am at 1523 for the year so no way will I hit 1600 but I am proud of bringing my tennis game back into the mix since Oct and hope that my ole bod will continue to allow me to play as I want. (the jury is still out on that!)

@SummerSkier truly amazing!! 🙌
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    Your are starting out great @sahibachahalxoxo !

Great running @Scott6255 . You can get those miles in. That's an huge amount of running for the year.

Nice run @kgirlhart . I love that you saw the deer. Glad your rest day is a cold day.

@tarun_yadavA Another excellent run. You burned enough calories to offset those mince pies.

Congrats on hitting your 100 mile goal already @SummerSkier ! Glad you didn't get any ice. That's what I am hoping will happen here. We shall see in the morning. You have an excellent yearly mileage too! I am happy that you got back into playing tennis this year and hope you are able to continue into 2023.

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Haven't been running - lots of swimming and walking/hiking to rehabilitate my "mature" left hip.
    Unfortunately the Pool is closed right now due to the bad weather and will be closed in January as they rebuild some of the internal concrete structures that have reached their End of Life cycle.
    Right now we are in the middle of the Cold Weather Super Storm that is blasting most of Canada and pushing into the USA. So most of the local schools are officially closed - but the main door is open and the entrance hall and washrooms are available as emergency shelter for anyone in trouble.
    It would be like bunking down on an airport floor. Not exactly comfortable but at least safe.
    The attached screen shot from the weather network says it all.
    Note the Windchill factor and the sunrise/sunset times. Dark and cold.
    ppsnhsiy21gl.jpg

Best Wish's to anyone who is traveling and safe journey.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I hiked a little over 8 miles on the Appalachian Trail and my legs were really feeling it today. Sore calves and just generally tired. It wasn't a particularly hard section. Only 2,157 feet in elevation gain but I definitely felt it. Today is our last day of nice weather before the artic air hits and I wanted to get out and get a run in. I made an attempt but was really dragging so I called it at 3 miles. Better than nothing.

@juliet3455 - good to "see" you. I just can't imagine those temperatures! I don't know how the animals survive. It's supposed to get to -2F here tonight and I'm worried about my "stray" cat. I really shouldn't classify him as a stray as he has been here over a year now. He lets me get right beside him but he doesn't like to be touched. I've fixed him some shelter outside but I'm going to try to coax him into the garage tonight.
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    @shanaber - homemade mince pies 🤤
    I am a fiend. Lol

Shame you can't get them easily where you are in the US
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    Morning all. 9K in!
    od4hdl43bz9r.png

• tarun_yadavA
    Options
    13 deg feels like wtf happened here. Electric still working tho and the wind was so strong overnight it blew the pilot out on my hot water heater. Hopefully when the sun comes out it will start the warm up trend. I checked the plants in the garage when I relit the pilot and the cup of water with them is not frozen so the light is working altho it is pretty chilly in there. Not going anywhere out side for a while I think. I am still blown away by parts of the country and Canada that can be below -30 F.... I mean that's like antarctica right?

@SummerSkier cooooldddd! Glad electric still working
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA That sounds yummy!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @shanaber I hear you on the hot Christmas. When we first moved to Houston we had a super hot Christmas. I remember my husband and I going into the back yard after dark to build a trampoline for my kid's Santa gift and sweating so much. Totally didn't feel like Christmas.

@juliet3455 Wow. That wind chill is hard to imagine.