WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Mammo was still good. It was on the second one done 6 months ago too. At least I am now off watch list. Yearly in 6 months.

Rosemarie Sounds like birthday was a success. Sometimes simple is good.

Terry I miss sheets on the line. Michele In the Philippines, my house girl could get stains out of anything with some sort of blue soap and sunshine. Even cloth diapers for two babies that sat in buckets for a week as we had no water due to water tower failure. When the water came back on, she got all the stains out after I pulled them from the washer and they were still awful.

Lisa I hope you get some answers.
    Lanette Thank you for the reminder that it isn't a competition. First things first I have to get two sturdy chairs....all of ours are either on rollers or swivel. Maybe I could use my hope chest. Then weights.

Time for bed.
    Hugs!
    Lots of love!
    Kylia in Ohio
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Worked, confirmed that she wanted me to work EVERY Tuesday. My first thought (I didn’t say this) was CRAP! I like going to the gym early, then I’m not rushed to be out of the aerobics room. But I’ll manage. As long as I’m out of there by 12:00 I’m fine. So the plan for tomorrow is to do a body pump DVD. Then I need to go pick up this thing we put the scanners in when we go to FL. One of the zippers on Vince’s broke and since we got it in Spain, it’s really worth it to just get the zipper replaced. Then I need to stop at Dollar General to see if they have any distilled water, if not, I can try other DG’s.

Had bowling this afternoon, took my walk when we got home.

Barbara – stay safe. Yes, I’ve used my convection oven to make fries and they came out crispy. Someone (I think it was even on here) said that a convection oven is the same as an air fryer, so I thought I’d give it a try. And it is!

Kylia – I add things to the grocery list (and so does Vince) as soon as we are out. There are things that I know I’d forget if I didn’t put it right on the list. Now we have the google assist so I tell it to add the items to my grocery list and keep the list on my phone in my pocketbook so I always have it with me.

Got the handrail for the garage today. Now Vince needs to install it. Maybe I should just do it. Good luck with the mammo

M – glad you found those dumbells

Don’t ever take Vince to a grocery store, especially when he’s hungry! I much prefer to do the grocery shopping alone

Rosemarie – The sciatica is much, much better. But I can still feel a little twinge in my hip. I’m going to have to look for a hip stretch that I can do while standing since I’m standing all the time at work. I can’t really stand and put my foot on the other foot (like the number 4). I do stretch my hamstrings by just putting the foot out in front and lifting the toes (does that make any sense?)

Terri – how I wish we can hang our laundry outside. I miss that so much. Everything smelled so wonderful. And the sun actually bleached the shirts and got the deodorant stains out. The only thing I didn’t hang up were towels. They came out so rough. But everything else got hung out. Looks like the owners of our house took down the clothes line, tho! What a shame

Rebecca – when your son named Athena, is he a fan of the Who because they have a song called “Athena”.

We’re going to discuss the dates we’ll be in FL. Went to the post office and even tho they’ll only do a 30 day hold of the mail online, if we fill out this card they will hold the mail for 35 days so that’ll give us an extra week in FL (yea!) Then went to CVS since I had $2 coupon off. Bought a Christmas ornament for 27cents. That’s a price I can live with.

Michele NC

Neither are Dr Who fans, I think they just choose from a list. Athena Rose does go quite well together and slips off the tongue easily.😁
    Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    DH was able to rest and we enjoyed watching old Westerns on the TV until he was ready to sleep. 😊
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Yogi!

Ewe, escargot. Tried that too, and I really, really wanted to like it because my "pere français" had made it especially for me when I arrived. Thankfully, along with a huge number of other amazing dishes that we sat and ate and drank our way through for hours!
    Hubby loves oysters. I can do without those. We both love cheeses of ANY kind. Give me a really, good Bleu cheese any day. And foie gras, ummmmmmm... My grandmother made the best. I've never been able to do tofu. It's the texture.

9 Create something today... easy, peasy! This was the card my group made over the weekend that I finally got done today... wait for it...
    822gkq8297r8.png
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN

HOW cute?!?
    0airkat17knd.png
    10 What is your favorite lyric from a song...
    11 Send a card/note to someone today...
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023?...
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today...
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol)...
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week...
    16 What made you smile today...
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for...
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently...
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself...
    21 Pay it forward in some way...
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?...
    23 Go an entire day without complaining...
    24 What about you makes you special?...
    25 Spend time with a loved one...
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?...
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend...
    28 What fear have you overcome?...
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice...
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?...
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...

Love it!
  • Machka9
    Options
    Hello, my chickens,

Got my pills sorted for the week and laundry done and put away, and I have this week left as purely mine before the labs and doctor visits proliferate next week, and then the colonoscopy in February bullies me into submission. Not looking forward to that, but am hoping SOME answers will be found. And not bad answers, thank you very much. I want good answers. Hey, if I'm using my wishing wand, I'm wishing for everything I want. Just any old answer will not suffice.

Right now I'm trying to get through a chill, teeth grinding, shivering, etc., and both my hands fall asleep. Typing with no feeling in your fingers is quite odd. And unbearably slow! this too will pass...

Love,
    Lisa

A chill. How lovely! All I ever feel is hot and blazing furnace hot.

While everyone else is in a down puffer jacket, I am in a light sleeveless dress. With times where I am drinking ice water and running my hands under cold water then sitting in front of a fan to try to cool a bit.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka: I wonder if I would ever get on a bicycle again. We use to rent bikes at the beach. I was getting a little nervous around the pedestrians, but I do like biking.

I started cycling when I was 6 years old ... almost 50 years ago!! It is a very important part of my life.

This is the story of My Cycling History:
    http://machka.net/about-me/

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Worked on my tax docs this morning to give to DYD, who is a chartered accountant. Also sorted out my MOT.

After lunch I went to my Monday Painters. Just another day 😝

Laundry: DH puts washing on if it’s a bright day, as it’s a more economical way of using our solar power. He hangs it out and brings it in. I hang it up inside to air and fold/put it away. Sometimes we have several washes on the one day.
    NB: although electricity prices have rocketed, the rate the pay is for exported units has not, so we use as much of the solar power as we can. It has kept our electric bills at a reasonable price.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

My husband and I each do our own laundry and will hang it outside if at all possible.

Hardly anyone here has a dryer ... like a machine that dries clothes. Just about everyone hangs their clothes outside or uses a drying rack.

I'm not overly fond of the smell of clothes dried outside, so sometimes I'll bring them in when they're dry and put them on the drying rack in front of the heat for 10 minutes or so to get rid of that smell.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    For those of you that order groceries online, do you meal plan too?
    I never know what to make so I roam the aisles looking for ideas.

Kylia - I think here we never have a colonoscopy unless something shows in the colongard type test.
    How does your husband hunt when he is legally blind? I’m very curious.

Tracey in Edmonton

I don't really meal plan, I'm like Barbie and I order basically the same things each week. Everything I eat up till dinner is pretty much the same every day. Dinner has a little bit of variety, but not much.

I will "roam the aisles" virtually on the website once in a while to see if there's something different we might like.

They send around bowel test kits here every couple years. One year I should do one! It's rare to hear about someone who has had a colonoscopy here. I've never had one and none of my doctors have ever suggested it.

This article says:
    "Concerning the use of colonoscopy as a screening method, the only countries outside the USA that recommend it are Switzerland, Germany, and Austria."
    https://publichealthreviews.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s40985-018-0080-0#Tab1

Machka in Oz

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    Machka: I’m the opposite. I love the fresh smell of line dried clothes. We have an airer, and an drying cupboard for when it’s inclement outside.

Going to craft group this morning. Then will finish my accounts and filing after lunch.

My car is booked in for it’s pre MOT service on 19 Jan.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Machka9
    edited January 2023
    Options
    1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think. Does silently working in the garden count? Done! I sat silently for 7 minutes and prayed.

2 List 5 things using each of your senses. Right now? I can see my Christmas decorations, I can hear Christmas songs, I can taste my coffee, I can smell my coffee, and I can feel a comfortable temperature in the room.

3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house. I'm not in a downsizing or reducing mode so I've taken some lunch things to work, I will take an item to be mailed and another to be given to the people at work.

4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever). I can't tell you what my favourite Christmas gift this year is yet. It's a secret.

5 Move for at least 30 minutes today. Absolutely. It's a very rare day that I don't.

6 Share a goal you achieved last year. We completed the longest bicycle ride since my husband's accident and the fastest.

7 Slow down and savor one meal today. Mmmm ... pizza!

8 Who was your favorite teacher. My father. :):) But I've had quite a few good teachers, in addition to him, over the years.

9 Create something today. I finished creating my first work-related project plan today.

10 What is your favorite lyric from a song. Difficult one given that I like so much music. But let's go with: "A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices"

11 Send a card/note to someone today
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023?
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol)
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week
    16 What made you smile today
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself
    21 Pay it forward in some way
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?
    23 Go an entire day without complaining
    24 What about you makes you special?
    25 Spend time with a loved one
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend
    28 What fear have you overcome?
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?

Another day with a headache. I think I'm going to have to see an optometrist. Or something.

Machka in Oz

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    :)
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I love smell of clothes dried outside. My husband surprised me and put up a clothesline when we moved to NW WA. <3
    I love ordering and picking up groceries. Like Barbie and Machka, I order many of the same items every week.
    Betsy in NW WA
  • Katla49
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Hello, my chickens,

Got my pills sorted for the week and laundry done and put away, and I have this week left as purely mine before the labs and doctor visits proliferate next week, and then the colonoscopy in February bullies me into submission. Not looking forward to that, but am hoping SOME answers will be found. And not bad answers, thank you very much. I want good answers. Hey, if I'm using my wishing wand, I'm wishing for everything I want. Just any old answer will not suffice.

Right now I'm trying to get through a chill, teeth grinding, shivering, etc., and both my hands fall asleep. Typing with no feeling in your fingers is quite odd. And unbearably slow! this too will pass...

Love,
    Lisa

A chill. How lovely! All I ever feel is hot and blazing furnace hot.

While everyone else is in a down puffer jacket, I am in a light sleeveless dress. With times where I am drinking ice water and running my hands under cold water then sitting in front of a fan to try to cool a bit.

M in Oz

• Katla49
    Options
    🌹
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Thanks M! I love making my cards, but I especially love SENDING them. I get so many texts from recipients. Sending personal cards/notes is a dying art.

10 What is your favorite lyric from a song... almost too many to narrow it down to one. hmmmm,
    "From the moment I first saw you
    The second that you were born
    I knew that you were the love of my life"
    Love Of My Life
    Lyrics & Music by: Carly Simon
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
    11 Send a card/note to someone today...
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023?...
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today...
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol)...
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week...
    16 What made you smile today...
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for...
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently...
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself...
    21 Pay it forward in some way...
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?...
    23 Go an entire day without complaining...
    24 What about you makes you special?...
    25 Spend time with a loved one...
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?...
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend...
    28 What fear have you overcome?...
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice...
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?...
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Today is going to be a much better food day than yesterday.

My mom has a doctor's appointment this afternoon. It's making me nervous and defensive, as the appointment with a gerontologist was my idea and she doesn't want to go. But she has more and more trouble walking. She needs PT and a podiatrist. We shall see how this goes.

Annie in Delaware