kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,870 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Gray and miserable weather here today. Ran some errands. Paid some bills ... with checks Machka... otherwise told to use a credit card??? We're having leftovers for dinner which no one is too excited about. I'll be in bed early.

Beth near Buffalo

No direct deposit or online bill payment options?

M in Oz
    Machka
    Nope![/quote]

:( 😞
  • Machka9
    Options
    1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think. Does silently working in the garden count? Done! I sat silently for 7 minutes and prayed.

2 List 5 things using each of your senses. Right now? I can see my Christmas decorations, I can hear Christmas songs, I can taste my coffee, I can smell my coffee, and I can feel a comfortable temperature in the room.

3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house. I'm not in a downsizing or reducing mode so I've taken some lunch things to work, I will take an item to be mailed and another to be given to the people at work.

4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever). I can't tell you what my favourite Christmas gift this year is yet. It's a secret.

5 Move for at least 30 minutes today. Absolutely. It's a very rare day that I don't.

6 Share a goal you achieved last year. We completed the longest bicycle ride since my husband's accident and the fastest.
    7 Slow down and savor one meal today
    8 Who was your favorite teacher
    9 Create something today
    10 What is your favorite lyric from a song
    11 Send a card/note to someone today
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023?
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol)
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week
    16 What made you smile today
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself
    21 Pay it forward in some way
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?
    23 Go an entire day without complaining
    24 What about you makes you special?
    25 Spend time with a loved one
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend
    28 What fear have you overcome?
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...

First work week of the year completed! Busy week and got a lot done.

But headache again. I'm thinking it's my eyes.

Machka in Oz

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    Options
    Lanette: I do a range of strength training at home most days. I have dumbbells, and resistance bands. I use YouTube videos for various targeted areas, and a mixture of body weight and free weights. I also like to combine cardio and strength by doing walking based workouts as they are good for building stamina.

I like variety, so also do yoga, Pilates, qigong, and Tai Chi. I walk and take the stairs whenever possible when out and about.

I do have to do modified versions of some exercises because of my knees, but I’m in reasonably good shape for a 76 year old.

I do have the advantage of being retired with few ‘have to dos’ so do my exercise in small chunks throughout the day.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• kymarai
    Options
    Good Friday!
    Positives for yesterday- Dr appointment was productive, I think. She is a new doctor for me, we will see. Started my new medicines yesterday since sister in law picked them up for me while she was out and about. Productive at work. "Anastasia" was wonderful as was the time with my oldest daughter.
    3p0yrx986eov.jpg
    No real dinner, but did pack berries, crackers, and cheese to eat on drive home. Calories were within range, water goal was met-64 oz, and macros looked really good! I got home at 11:45 pm and realized I had close to 9400 steps, so I figured I would do the things I needed to do quickly, then walk out those last 600 steps......forgot everything reset at midnight :( That is okay though as I still got 9400 steps!!!

I took my BP this morning before having my coffee and it was perfectly normal. only 13 more times to check. I am a little tired this morning, but last night was so much fun.

Tracey The poem you posted reminded me of a book I have read "Change me". It basically expands on that poem.

To all you ladies that strength train and cardio-WOW! You are impressive! I really need to find something that I enjoy. The doctor said active lifestyle is good, but dedicated exercise is better.

Heather UK What beautiful pictures!

Terry I do try to fit in some exercise in small bits during the day especially when we are slow. Squats, punches, twists, stretches during the day.

California Ladies- Stay safe. Sounds like you are all prepared and experienced in these situations.

I know I read lots last night and commented in my head-apparently, never made it to the page.

I love All of your Support in eating, exercise, and daily life! You are my village and my classroom! You help make this world a much better place.

<3
    Kylia in Ohio where it is flurrying again
  • kymarai
    Options
    List
    5. I did move actually for 98 minutes yesterday and climbed 8 flights of stairs! We don't have stairs at home or work.
    6. I didn't write my goals down last year in an easy to go to place, so while I can't say if I met any, I will say that I started some new habits that have stuck. One at a time, Progression!

<3
    Kylia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    Kylia - Wow! You could be sisters! <3
    So glad you enjoyed the show.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kymarai
    Options
    Kylia - Wow! You could be sisters! <3
    So glad you enjoyed the show.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Someone else posted that comment on my daughter's FB page! LOL! Thank you! She is still trying to figure out if that means she looks that old or I look that young-hehe ;)
    Thank you!
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Heather you are an exercise animal... and I mean that as a huge compliment.

Lisa Belle returning!! Wow!

<3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • Machka9
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Regarding Exercise:

The past couple months haven't been that great for me with regard to exercise because of the biopsies and surgery. I was told to rest.
    And 2022 didn't feel like a good exercise year for me, but when I checked my stats, I actually had the best year for walking in a few years and matched last year for cycling. So it wasn't that bad.

But here is what I try to do. Try being the key word.

I exercise as many days as possible, but I vary my exercise. So one day might be a casual walk and another day might be a more strenuous bicycle ride. Last year, I exercised 303 days of the year = 83%. :)

On the days I work, I walk about 1 km (maybe 10 min) in my commute.

At lunch, I walk a minimum of 1 km but often at least 2 km and sometimes somewhere up to 6 km. 6 km is all I can do in 1 hour.

I work in buildings with stairs and do at least a couple flights of 20 steps a day. I'm still in rest mode right now, but I get those 2 flights in. Most of the time, I try to climb somewhere between 5 and 10 flights and when I'm in a stair climbing challenge, it'll be a lot more than that.

This past year, I have struggled with tiredness when I get home from work and we haven't done much exercise in the evenings. But I do go out for about half an hour and walk Rhody. That involves a lot of standing (while I do calf raises, stretches, etc.) and then sudden jogs around the outside of the house.

When I do have energy in the evenings, we go for a short bicycle ride outside, or I might go for a walk to the beach, or we go downstairs to our gym where I will usually row and/or walk/jog on the treadmill and/or do weights and Pilates. This past year, that probably happened about once a week. I hope to increase it this year.

On weekends, we usually cycle somewhat longer distances and I often garden for 2 or 3 hours which is very much like a solid Pilates workout. Sometimes I might go for a walk or run to the beach instead of cycling or as well as cycling.

In general, I try not to sit too long. I like to get up in the evenings during commercial breaks and walk around. That's when I do some housework, put away the laundry, etc. At work, I'm up and down getting a glass of water and then using the toilet, and (when I'm not on medical rest), I'll do a few flights of stairs.

I don't know if it is true or not, or if it makes much difference, but I have read that sitting up burns more calories than lying down, and standing up burns more calories than sitting, and moving around while standing burns more calories than just standing there, and walking ... you get the picture.

If all goes well, tomorrow I'll shovel a lot of rock and then go for a bicycle ride. :)

Machka in Oz
  • kymarai
    Options
    :p