WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2023

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    Pip - glad the news is good at your follow-up.

Beth - I know, right? Most beautiful eyes ever, not that I'm biased or anything. <3

Speaking of which, Rebecca, holy guacamole, Athena just keeps getting more beautiful.

Julie - It's good to see your post, and genuinely, no one expects you to respond to everything, or even read everything! This should be a source of support, not another stressor, dear heart. That goes to everyone who's new, too...

Allie - I'm sorry that things are so rough between Carmine and Kyle, and I know how hard it is to just stand to the side. A loving and level-headed mama and an adoring grandma go a long way to helping Miles be OK.

Well, believe it or not, Bella the dog has been returned. One of the weirder human beings I've met in this life checked Facebook a few hours ago, and got in touch with our daughter. Sure enough, she's had Bella since New Year's Eve. She found her about a block from our house, looking confused and wandering around the local small grocery store parking lot, so she just took her home.

The woman, probably in her early 30s, was dressed in skater tie-dye, both the shirt and the bike shorts and the baseball cap. The guy with her was obviously stoned, totally nonverbal, just kind of wandered around the car. Which had dents in it on both the doors that looked like someone had taken a hammer to it a dozen times... and then someone wrote with a black marker, "God Saves" three or four times among the dents.

She was hinting for cash, which we don't keep at all here, and I said as much, which helped her decide to stop talking and leave.

So, Bella's here. Which shows that anything can happen.

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

So glad!
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Lisa, I'm so happy that Bella has been returned! What a relief that must be for everyone.
    Quick post, it's late and I have grandchild duty tomorrow (it's really not a duty!) and I want to get to the gym before I go get her, so I must get to bed now.
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    Lisa happy to hear about Bella!!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 wrote: »
    200 Things to Throw Away ...
    https://embracinghomemaking.net/2015/04/200-things-to-throw-away/

If you still have any of that stuff lurking around the place!!

M in Oz

I got rid of most of this stuff in two purges (2004 and 2009) and on a regular basis. A lot of it IS rubbish which I get rid of regularly.

I do have:

24. Duplicate power cords (USB, etc.) and other technological bits and pieces ... because technology is my life and work
    30. Jewelry you don’t wear ... because I use it as decoration
    67. Old calendars ... these I'm still debating about.
    120. Puzzles ... because I like puzzles!

And all the office stuff mentioned because I actually use office stuff.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited January 2023
    Hi everyone.I've been off the chats for ages. it's hard to keep up with all when working full time etc etc. house move and so on. it's such a huge group I can never read all and feel frustrated when I can t. ( don't want to just post without reading) I just found an old personal mail from auntie bk asking for news. thank you, so I thought I'd give you a shout out. I'm still rolling along but totally unable to keep up! big hugs and happy new year to all!

Nice to see you post again.

No one is expecting you to read it all. I skim and respond to points of interest.

How's the degree going?

dlfk202000 wrote: »
    I totally agree with you on the fan in the bathroom. Both of ours is one that is light/fan combination. We have replaced them a few times, supposed to be quiet but not quiet enough for me. I HATE the noise.
    I take almost all of my showers in the dark because of it- a lot more relaxing without the bright light and the loud noise.

Really? My husband seems sensitive to fan noise too. I like fan noise because it helps drown out my tinnitus so I'll leave the bathroom fan on and turn other fans on around the house and at work. But he goes around turning them off because he says they're noisy.

dlfk202000 wrote: »
    I have tip-toed around dh for the past 30 yrs(and former hubby for 7 while we were married). Working on changing that, finally.

Debbie
    Napa Valley

What would happen if you didn't tip toe around your husband and if you just said whatever was on your mind?

bwcetc wrote: »
    Gray and miserable weather here today. Ran some errands. Paid some bills ... with checks Machka... otherwise told to use a credit card??? We're having leftovers for dinner which no one is too excited about. I'll be in bed early.

Beth near Buffalo

No direct deposit or online bill payment options?

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    You have piqued my curiosity as to why your Christmas present is a secret. I hope you are able to tell us soon.

:):)

I was able to have a video chat with my Mom today! It’s the first time I’ve talked to her since May.

:heart:

4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever)
    The year I was 16 my Dad built me a hope chest. I had been begging for one since I was 12. A week before Christmas I was at my boyfriend’s house and called to talk to Dad. Mom told he he was at work. I jokingly said, “he doesn’t work on weekends, what’s he doing building my hope chest”? She said, “how did you know”? 😂 it was a well known fact in the family that you couldn’t let Mom know secrets.

This is my hope chest which I use as a coffee table and store a lot of family history and special mementos in. The bowl on top is one Dad made too.
    yze7kbtead9y.jpeg

Tracey in Edmonton

Gorgeous!

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    edited January 2023
    1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think. Does silently working in the garden count? Done! I sat silently for 7 minutes and prayed.

2 List 5 things using each of your senses. Right now? I can see my Christmas decorations, I can hear Christmas songs, I can taste my coffee, I can smell my coffee, and I can feel a comfortable temperature in the room.

3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house. I'm not in a downsizing or reducing mode so I've taken some lunch things to work, I will take an item to be mailed and another to be given to the people at work.

4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever). I can't tell you what my favourite Christmas gift this year is yet. It's a secret.

5 Move for at least 30 minutes today. Absolutely. It's a very rare day that I don't.
    6 Share a goal you achieved last year
    7 Slow down and savor one meal today
    8 Who was your favorite teacher
    9 Create something today
    10 What is your favorite lyric from a song
    11 Send a card/note to someone today
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023?
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol)
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week
    16 What made you smile today
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself
    21 Pay it forward in some way
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?
    23 Go an entire day without complaining
    24 What about you makes you special?
    25 Spend time with a loved one
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend
    28 What fear have you overcome?
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten minutes...

Day 3 back at work and for some reason I have quite the headache today. Don't know if it is because today is also Day 3 of gloom and cloud. Or if it is because I'm back at work staring at a computer screen all day. Or if my glasses need updating. Or what?!?

I am BUSY at work these day!

And busy the past couple evenings ... but not this evening, thank goodness.

One more day till the weekend.

Machka in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,036 Member

Katla: Glad DH is back with you
    Pip: clean bill of health👌🏻
    Lisa: Yay! Bella

Going to see DGD before she flies back to Oxford tomorrow. DYGS flew back last Wednesday.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • Machka9
    Strava Challenges
    hd8q0ej6nmxm.png
    phwshsyk9kju.png

Machka in Oz
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    5 Move for at least 30 minutes today... will be back at work and dancing in the halls with music during passing time as a reward for fundraising so that's not going to be an issue!
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,678 Member
    Morning ladies
    Machka- love the list of throw aways..im doing better with that..
    My brother took 3-4 big garbage bags of clothes to goodwill 3 of them were in my storage unit,so i just told him to take him because i knew they were clothes that didn't fit,why store stuff that doesn't fit.
    Kyle isn't talking to Tracy or Carmine,basically being a jerk..
    Tracy is exhausted from all of this poor thing,trying to take care of a baby and 2 older brats
    Im so thrilled that Bella is back yipee...
    Im going home today and putting Miles little car together for his birthday..
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    Just left the doctor. Blood pressure was a little high so I have to monitor that for 7 days, twice a day. She gave me a referral to neurology for my migraines and she prescribed magnesium to try to prevent migraines. Also more water. I have to watch what I eat and exercise more. LDL high, the rest of numbers look good.
    .Oh, I also have to come back in a week to address the pain that I get when my heart rate gets over a 160 so that's where I'm at.
    She also ordered cologuard for me. I told her I was not doing a colonoscopy.

Other than that I am healthy‐🤪

Kylia in ohio heading to work.