WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Hi Julie! Great to see you!

I hardly slept at all last night. Too excited about the painting and the grandchildren. Fizzing. :o I do tend to get a bit manic from time to time. :o I grabbed a short nap this afternoon once Max had gone. Hoping tonight will be better. I also had quite a bit of rheumatic aching in the night, which kept me awake. . The weather is damp and heavy. I rubbed on some Ibuprofen gel, which did help.

Off to bed now for a quiet read. I'm reading a Norwegian detective story, in English. I did quite a bit of Norwegian this afternoon on Duolingo. It's been a good while since I've applied myself and it shows. I'm afraid Google Translate comes out to help me far too often!

Back to writing/editing tomorrow.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever) Tiny Tears doll, delivered by Santa in person!

Welcome @Losingweightforgood2019 and @silvergirl70 !
    Tracey your in-laws=priceless!
    Kylia your smoky Raggedy Ann doll story really choked me up.
    Heather really admire your artistic endeavors. Max’s Polish Photo is disturbing.
    Lisa, 7 yr old Haley’s painting. W O W! Same thing is happening to the stove we cook our casseroles (a thon) in. Makes me mad that to get a stove knobs instead of electronics you have to spend ten thousand plus for Wolf or its like. Investigated commercial/restaurant stoves and learned that while they are less expensive than the ultra high end residential stoves, they end up costing more because they are not insulated for home use, require commercial grade exhaust venting and fire suppression. :astonished: Thank you for letting Lowes know you caught them lying. Will you follow up with a letter to the CEO? Which brand did you choose?
    Welcome back Julie, you’ve been missed!
    Rita your campground is by reservation only?
    Debbie setting boundaries and being honest about what I need was/is the scariest thing I’ve ever done. Way more than traveling in the Holy Land by myself, and that was plenty scary. Prayers intensify for Destiny Hope, that the pain abates, the tumor in the leg is gone, and the rib spots disappear completely.
    Lisa, Allie, Rebecca those smiling faces lift my heart every time.
    Beth remember you recently cleaned out your linen closet. What did you do with mis matched but still serviceable pillow cases?
    Kylia and Michele you are both such energizer bunnies. I’m in awe of your energy.

While Joe was in Medford getting his periodic checkup (pressure down to 15 and 17 thank Goodness!) I followed Maizey around with the Dyson stick getting in the corners and giving the furniture a lick and a promise. Was amused to realize that if the power goes out and I can’t watch TV, browse the internet or bake, I CAN vacuum with my battery powered appliances. Great. You know how I feel about vacuuming :laugh: We’re under a high wind warning as another atmospheric river gears up. Thankful beyond words for woodstove, battery powered lanterns, generator, and all the wood Joe’s stockpiled.

That’s enough procrastination. Time to make up this morning’s PT, progress on board meeting minutes and some kitchen projects.

Done:
    01/03: Move: 2 sets pt, dogs to powerline, line dancing, active mins:237 steps:7951
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far=24: apple, basil, beans-green, beans-kidney, bell pepper-orange, carrots, chili peppers-red, cinnamon, coconut milk powder, cucumber, garlic, ginger, jicama, mandarins, onions, peanut butter, radish, rice-brown, romaine, snap peas, tomato concentrate, walnuts, wheat-pasta. CI<CO=176
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, chat with SIL, laundry, started board meeting minutes. Wt:138
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer.
    January: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/kids- 2hrs 1min 21sec, 89elev, 3.07ap, 101ahr, 128mhr, 6.51mi= 642c
    Strava app = 798c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 19.18min, 312elev, 144aw, 16.5amph, 117ahr, 145mhr, 5.31mi= 140c
    Strava app = 159c
    Zwift stats- 19.23min, 314elev, 143aw, 52arpm, 16.50amph, 5.33mi= 159c

Total cal 782
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Barbara ... I cleaned out my linen closet? Nope, not me ... although I had to think about it for awhile :*

Beth
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    Julie: Good to see your post. We missed you.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever) Tiny Tears doll, delivered by Santa in person!

While Joe was in Medford getting his periodic checkup (pressure down to 15 and 17 thank Goodness!) I followed Maizey around with the Dyson stick getting in the corners and giving the furniture a lick and a promise. Was amused to realize that if the power goes out and I can’t watch TV, browse the internet or bake, I CAN vacuum with my battery powered appliances. Great. You know how I feel about vacuuming :laugh: We’re under a high wind warning as another atmospheric river gears up. Thankful beyond words for woodstove, battery powered lanterns, generator, and all the wood Joe’s stockpiled.

That’s enough procrastination. Time to make up this morning’s PT, progress on board meeting minutes and some kitchen projects.

Done:
    01/03: Move: 2 sets pt, dogs to powerline, line dancing, active mins:237 steps:7951
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far=24: apple, basil, beans-green, beans-kidney, bell pepper-orange, carrots, chili peppers-red, cinnamon, coconut milk powder, cucumber, garlic, ginger, jicama, mandarins, onions, peanut butter, radish, rice-brown, romaine, snap peas, tomato concentrate, walnuts, wheat-pasta. CI<CO=176
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, chat with SIL, laundry, started board meeting minutes. Wt:138
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer.
    January: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

Sadly, we are just the opposite here- everything thing is electric. The water heater is the only thing that is gas so no heat, no cooking or even making a cup of tea, oh, but wait, we CAN vacuum because dh has battery operated vacuum cleaners all lined up

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Yay Bella!

Annie in Delaware
  • jebogan73
    jebogan73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Things are going well - I have made it to the gym every day since Monday. I have been tracking everything since Sunday. I also started back to work on Tuesday but it’s pre-semester so no students, no classes, and no completely crazy schedule. We’ll see how things go in a couple weeks when the craziness starts.

I also have started working to declutter the house. I found a neat app that assigns one small task each day and I’ve been able to do that daily too. Hoping I can keep it up once the crazy schedule starts.

The weather finally cleared up a bit today in southwest Ohio. It has been so gloomy and rainy the past couple days but we saw sun today. It has been unseasonably warm and I wish it would stay but I guess the weather is predicting snow for the weekend. Hoping I have most of the work stuff done by the weekend so I can spend time crafting (I need to start a quilt project for a sew along & I need to make a greeting card).

Hope everyone is having a good day! Lisa, I’m glad to see Bella is back!

Jane in Wilmington, Ohio
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Yay! Bella is back!!!!!!
    Julie What Lisa said, though I understand. I disappeared too ;( Missed you all and figured I am worth the read time! Missed you!

Athena has beautiful eyes too!

Jane Even though I was at work today, the sunshine was wonderful coming in the windows! It was sure getting chilly when I left work though.

Annie You popped in my mind tonight as I came home exhausted! I didn't want to do anything, but I pulled up my big girl panties and just got started. Dinner cooked, laundry going, kitchen cleaned, lunches packed. At least feeling better about things done.

Anyone else really confused about what day it is this week? I would understand if I had been off work on Monday, but I worked. Yesterday the time seemed like it was moving super slow even though I was productive. Today has felt like Thursday all day. Weird!

Speaking of Thursday....my oldest daughter remembered me saying that I would like to go see Anastasia in Cincinnati. She has season tickets with a friend and they were going opening night. Well, she put in for "lottery tickets" that the theater allows ticket holders to put in for. She WON! She and I are going tomorrow evening together. As I have been feeling better since I am eating better and I know it will be a late night (an hour drive home after theater) I went ahead a made up two small containers in the event that I need snacks on the drive home, berries and grapes, and cheese cubes and crackers. May not need/want them, but they will be available. Dinner will be dependent on traffic. I am leaving work early, but Cincinnati traffic is totally unpredictable! We meet just south of Cincinnati, try to grab a bite to eat, park my car, and she drives us to Cincinnati. She drives Cincy several times a week so knows her way around much better. I am more than happy to let her drive! That will be a good end to a day that starts with a new doctor appointment as my last doctor left the practice.

I reckon I should get off here and join DH for a little while in the man cave since I won't be home tomorrow night.

Prayers!
    Hugs!
    Much Love!
    Welcomes!

Kylia in Ohio where winter is trying to come back
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :)Julie, Glad to see you again . I hope you will read what you can and respond or not, just so you stay connected. <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Worked today but the plan for tomorrow is to do Katina Hunter’s Interval Party DVD. After work stopped at the vet – they still didn’t have the rest of Loki’s med. Then went to Aldi, then home and the vet’s office called to say the med was in so I just finished walking down there to get it. On the way home stopped at Food Lion to get grapefruit on sale (for me) and these butter noodles (for Vince).

Losingweight – welcome!

Karen – congrats and more congrats

silvergirl – welcome.

Allie – why would Kyle want Carmine out of the house? This is his child!

Lisa – when I first saw Haley’s picture, I could have sworn it was one of Heather’s, it’s so good

Lisa – congrats on your new range. I haven’t used my convection a lot but I would like to get more comfortable with it. I did try making french fries like in an air fryer and they came out quite good, so with a convection oven you could very well be able to get rid of the air fryer. They take up so much room, anyway

Julie – welcome back!

Had Newcomer bowling tonight

Vicki – many years ago I gave up white flour. It was very hard at first. I was always the person who if you put a bread basket in front of me, it’ll be gone. To this day, I would much prefer a whole wheat roll and I don’t want a lot. You can do this (giving up games). It’ll be hard at first, but after a while it’ll be no big deal.

Julie – welcome. You’re doing great

Debbie – thanks for the update on Destiny. She is so brave to be going thru so much. Makes me grateful that all I have to worry about is my weight. Puts things in perspective. I can walk and I’m not in excruciating pain. My heart breaks for her

Am supposed to volunteer at the Green Room tomorrow. Afterwards, I’ll make a donation to the Humane Society of some cat food that we have. Vince didn’t think they’d take it because it wasn’t in a bag. Actually, he didn’t realize that I gave them some in an opened bag and they took it. So I had a feeling that they’d take this even tho it isn’t in a bag. I called and, sure enough, they’d take it. They have some sort of pantry where they give the cat/dog food to people who can’t afford it. I just need to make a note of whether it’s for a cat or dog.

Starting my day with a pic of Miles and ending it with a pic of Athena. Can this get any better?

Barbara – stay safe

Lisa – what wonderful news about Bella!!!

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    <3