Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I’m new to MyFitnessPal. I’m LeighAnn. Trying to get back into my fitness routine. I used to be really intense with it then got Covid and it everything went haywire. It’s taken a whole year and a half and I’m still recovering. But with the Grace of God I will get through it. I’m trying to get back on track with eating better too. It’s crazy how when 1 thing gets thrown off balance it can throw so much off. But I turned 50 this year and I have stage 4 kidney disease and I weigh 210 lbs. 😢 But I know I can survive because I have been through a lot over the years. I have 2 sweet kitty fur babies. But I got excited when I saw this post. I guess I don’t really have a word unless it’s maybe “strength”. You ladies are awesome! ❤️🙏🏻

:) Welcome. IF you make no other resolution right now, resolve to read this thread every day. You will get ideas, inspiration, and support that will give you more good ideas for your journey.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Michele: Great that your town has a Humane society that will take pet food!

Tina: Great you are so active! I am rather jealous! I am mostly homebound these days....but no excuse...I could move more in the house!

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

One day, the mister and I were hiking up this trail near our house and the top of it is very, very steep. I was probably in my mid 30s at the time. It is not an easy walk. I saw a couple, probably in their 70s, also hiking up that hill. Well, it's more of a walk at that point. They made it to the top. They were slow, but I know many much younger people who could not do that hike. I said, "I want to stay fit enough to do that."

I don't know if I told you all that story about having to literally kick for my life in the Galapagos. But, had I not been as strong, I probably wouldn't have made it. I had never been so exhausted in my life and hope to never be again. I haven't been able to work out my legs as much for the past year or so and I'm itching to get back to that.

Tip from Denise Austin--All it takes is a couple of soup cans to use as resistance.

Debbie-Oh my! That photo with the tree through the middle of the shed! Wow.

Lisa-Glad Bella is back. I know how that is. Years ago, my cat was lost for a few days and I was a mess.

Heather-You are an inspiration. I also want to be like you when I grow up.

Well, time to run. Then treat myself to a walk around the zoo. Our zoo is very hilly, so it's great exercise.

Tina in CA

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Today is an excellent day to make good choices for food and exercise, and to be kind to yourself! Remember, slow and steady!

I weigh .7 pounds less this week. Yay! Although that's really within the margin of error.

Annie in Delaware

I recall reading somewhere that if you're having problems staying on track with something, just make one good decision, and then another. Pretty soon you've had a good day of eating, making good decisions and being kind to yourself. Last night I was not starving, but I wasn't full either. We had just gone shopping so all my newly bought food items were mentally introducing themselves to me! I could have started my friendship with the cheesy baked Cheetos (healthy Cheetos version) but I had done so good all day. Being hungry isn't an emergency. I had to tell myself, "no you do not need that now".
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie just ask your son to bring them... I think that is a great idea!

Kylia in Ohio
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,949 Member
    Options
    Tracey- WOW- I have the same picture, printed and taped to the door of my desk. Thanks for the reminder. I need to start reading it daily again.
    Need to print a new copy, one of the cats have scratched the side of it but not on the writing. Need to laminate it. I don't see me not needing it for a very long time.

Debbie
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    2023 GOALS
    Word of the year: Appreciate : bottled water

Gratitude list
    1 Sit in silence for three minutes... it's harder than you think —DONE
    2 List 5 things using each of your senses. Seeing my dogs all curled up sleeping, smelling my essential oils, tasting good food, hearing the quiet while walking, feeling the wind on my skin
    3 Let go of at least 5 items in your house. Gotta work on this one! I tossed Christmas cards from previous years. More than 5 there.
    4 What was your favorite Christmas gift? (this year or ever)—This year was jewelry from my ‘adopted’ granddaughter.
    5 Move for at least 30 minutes today--Done!
    6 Share a goal you achieved last year---Brought my car to carwash at least once a month (did more than that! This is a great accomplishment as I never used to wash my car. Perhaps why my radio is haunted???
    7 Slow down and savor one meal today
    8 Who was your favorite teacher
    9 Create something today
    10 What is your favorite lyric from a song
    11 Send a card/note to someone today
    12 What are you looking forward to in 2023?
    13 Tell a random person they look "good" today
    14 Tell us three amazing things that happened recently (you decide what "recently" means...lol)
    15 Call or text someone you haven't talked to in at least a week
    16 What made you smile today
    17 Take a photo of something you're grateful for
    18 What material comforts are you most thankful for? You can make your list as long as you like...
    19 Write a positive review for a company for goods or services you've received recently
    20 Write down five things you like about yourself
    21 Pay it forward in some way
    22 What do you most desire in your life right now?
    23 Go an entire day without complaining
    24 What about you makes you special?
    25 Spend time with a loved one
    26 When was the last time you felt pure joy?
    27 Hold the door for a stranger... or a friend
    28 What fear have you overcome?
    29 Engage in a random act of kindness of your own choice
    30 When was the last time you laughed so hard you almost peed?
    31 Now try to "meditate" (sit in silence) for ten
    minutes...
    RVRita in sunny NM
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)