THE Team Week 6 - 3/13/09 to 3/19/09

Options
Welcome to week 6 “Trying Hard Everyday” Team members!!!

motivation.jpg

“The method of training is relatively unimportant. There are many ways to the top, and the training method you choose is just the one that suits you best. The important thing is the attitude of the athlete, the desire to get to the top. Success is but a small sacrifice of time and effort.” ~ H. Elliot

If you are happening upon this thread and not yet a member of “THE team”, please feel free to join us!! Newbies are welcome! Just jump in wherever and introduce yourself. :happy: This is a great group of people and we are all in different phases of reaching our personal eating and exercise goals. This is a supportive and motivational group of fun people that will encourage you and pat you on the back for a job well done! We have several challenges going on within the team which you are welcome to participate in. These range from “wogging” (jog/walking), to water challenges and more! Feel free to share your own challenge ideas, success stories, tips & tricks and recipes and of course vent about your struggles.

Congratulations to everyone who has stuck with “THE team” the past 6 weeks. As we all know, 6 weeks is a great benchmark! It has been amazing watching you guys push yourselves to reach your own personal goals and I know you have seen wonderful progress and rewards from all your hard work as each week goes by! It’s been great seeing everyone support and encourage each other!

Every Friday we start a new weekly thread and weigh in. Feel free to copy and paste the information below into a new post and add your stats.

Have a Happy Friday the 13th and a great week everyone!!!

LosingIt4Good - SW 222/GW 175/CW 220/ Loss 2 pounds

Replies

• LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Welcome to week 6 “Trying Hard Everyday” Team members!!!

motivation.jpg

“The method of training is relatively unimportant. There are many ways to the top, and the training method you choose is just the one that suits you best. The important thing is the attitude of the athlete, the desire to get to the top. Success is but a small sacrifice of time and effort.” ~ H. Elliot
    _______________________________________________________________________________

If you are happening upon this thread and not yet a member of “THE team”, please feel free to join us!! Newbies are welcome! Just jump in wherever and introduce yourself. :happy: This is a great group of people and we are all in different phases of reaching our personal eating and exercise goals. This is a supportive and motivational group of fun people that will encourage you and pat you on the back for a job well done! We have several challenges going on within the team which you are welcome to participate in. These range from “wogging” (jog/walking), to water challenges and more! Feel free to share your own challenge ideas, success stories, tips & tricks and recipes and of course vent about your struggles.
    _______________________________________________________________________________

Congratulations to everyone who has stuck with “THE team” the past 6 weeks. As we all know, 6 weeks is a great benchmark! It has been amazing watching you guys push yourselves to reach your own personal goals and I know you have seen wonderful progress and rewards from all your hard work as each week goes by! It’s been great seeing everyone support and encourage each other!

Every Friday we start a new weekly thread and weigh in. Feel free to copy and paste the information below into a new post and add your stats.

Have a Happy Friday the 13th and a great week everyone!!!

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    yourock.gif
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    dewdrop - SW 134/GW 124/CW 132/ Loss 2 pounds

LI4G, awesome, awesome way of starting a new thread :flowerforyou: .
    CM, don't you dare leave us again! :love:

One more comment: I did write in the last page of week 4 that my scale did not move yet, but I knew I was on the right track. Above is the proof. So just hang on in there, when you feel you're doing the right thing. Small alterations (I drank more water, though still not yet enough and stuck with not eating late in the evening) and you'll get there. Keep on going, everyone! :drinker:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Stillkristi - SW 461/GW 195/CW 440/ Loss 1.75 pounds

After failing so badly at my exercise challenge, I am pretty happy with losing just under 2 lbs. So, its a new week and off we go! Happy Friday the 13th everyone. Li4g, very nice way to start this week's thread! Dewdrop, whatchew doin up at 3:30 in the mornin girl? CM, welcome home!! :happy: :flowerforyou:

EVERYONE ELSE! See you later!!
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Dewdrop - Good job on the first 2lbs!!

Kristi - Do not be hard on yourself you tried, and won! Good job on the lbs!

Lulu - :laugh: aren't we all a little crazy?:smile: Veg gravy is: veg stock, soy sauce, and a some flour + a little bit of oil (to make a roux), and spices, and it is actually really good! here is the recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Vegetarian-Gravy/Detail.aspx

I do not use the nutritional yeast, because it tastes great without it!! Even my meat bf enjoys it:smile:

Hey ladies, crazy to think we have been together for 6 weeks eh?!:smile:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Dewdrop, whatchew doin up at 3:30 in the mornin girl?

I was sleeping like a baby at 3:30. :wink: I'm in Europe! :glasses: , so I always post early in threads and stuff :ohwell: . :laugh: Congrats on the (under? I'd say "almost" :wink: ) 2 lbs. You're doing great! (21 is my favorite number, but this is not to mean you ought to stick to it for longer than Week 6 :tongue: )
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    healthymom - SW208/ GW150/ CW192 Loss 3 pounds

Last week the scale went UP TWO lbs so I am back down to where I should be. Thanks to Li4g for starting the new thread...very inspiring. CM welcome back.

Congrats to stillkristi, Li4g and anyone else who has lost 20 lbs this week.

:smokin: Gonna keep wogging, doing sit - ups, drinking water:drinker: and exercising 60 minutes:5 days/week!!!:cry:

p.s. and checking in with the team - really keeps me on track :flowerforyou: Thanks guys :blushing:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    :happy: healthy mom! CONGRATS!! 3lbs, cool!

Chanty, thanks for the encouragement. You're the best. :bigsmile:
    Also, a note on veg. stock. If you roast the vegies and then make stock, it really deepens the flavor! Root vegies are the best, like taters, turnips, carrots, beets, and of course onions and garlic. Tossed with a little olive oil, rosemary, thyme and some sea salt, then roasted at a high temp (like 400) until they start to brown and the onions and garlic are sort of carmalized. The only danger is that the vegies will not make it into your stock pot!

Dewdrop - Europe!! What fun! Where are you, generally speaking?
  • lacijae
    lacijae Posts: 63
    Options
    Hi Team!!! I know it's been more than a week before I last logged on :embarassed: ; we've had the flu running through here, family members moving, maternity leaves at work...just crazieness!!! I haven't had any time to catch up on all the reading so I'm just going to start over this week :flowerforyou:. Congrats to all those who lost weight and met their exercise goals for the week!

As for me, I lost 3 more lbs since I last weight in :love: . Slowly but surely! My exercise goals have taken a back seat these past 2 weeks but I plan to put them back in gear beginning today. Wish me luck!!

LaciJae - SW 199/ GW 140/ CW 179.4 Loss 3 pounds
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    congradulations every one on the weight loss not sure how everything works yet but I have only lost the 2 pounds so far but I did lose 3 inches in my waist and 2 in my abdomen and 1 in my calf yay I feel so good cant wait til the next measurement!!!

thank you all for the encouragement it really helps.. I love this site it keeps me in controll I swear..
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Thanks guys! Im glad you like the thread start :laugh: I use that quote alot to remind myself to stay focused on my goal, so it just seemed right to share it with you guys. :happy:

CM- Glad to have you back!!!!

Kristi- every little bit helps!! look at you!! 21 pounds!! you go girl!! that is wayyyy cool!

Healthymom- WOW... 3 pounds!! Congrats!!

Laci- WOW! you too!!! 3 pounds!! That is awesome!! Sorry things are crazy for you right now. I hope everyone feels better soon and things calm down for you. We miss you!

Dewdrop- Congrats to you also for your 2 pound loss!! I was sleepin like a baby also at 3:30 until the cat started howling outside! I had to get up and go catch her. I have this stray that Ive been chasing off for the past couple days and he is MEAN so Im gonna have to call animal control to get rid of him. I forgot to grab my robe so I was out on the deck at 3am, in my undies, FREEZING trying to catch my cat, cuz she is too stupid to come inside when I call her. Took me 2 hours to fall back asleep. Good thing I went to bed early.

Anyone seen Kellegan?? Havent seen her post in a few days either.... just wondering if all is ok with her.

Chanty- Vegan gravy...gonna have to try it on my kids. See what they think. Im sure its good. Ive made something similar at Thanksgiving when I didnt have enough turkey drippings for real turkey gravy. Thanks for the recipe!!

Adopt4's internet is down again. Just talked to her and looks like we are gonna make it to the gym together this morning.

See ya later!! I gotta get breakfast in me and get going...
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    :happy: healthy mom! CONGRATS!! 3lbs, cool!

Chanty, thanks for the encouragement. You're the best. :bigsmile:
    Also, a note on veg. stock. If you roast the vegies and then make stock, it really deepens the flavor! Root vegies are the best, like taters, turnips, carrots, beets, and of course onions and garlic. Tossed with a little olive oil, rosemary, thyme and some sea salt, then roasted at a high temp (like 400) until they start to brown and the onions and garlic are sort of carmalized. The only danger is that the vegies will not make it into your stock pot!

Dewdrop - Europe!! What fun! Where are you, generally speaking?

I am very proud of you for making you 20 lbs lost... I cant wait til I get there... I would love to join the team and the weigh in's just trying to figure it all out... hope to see you all around some more... Sheila
    my starting weight was 317 my goal weight is 130 and I weigh 315 right now... 2 lbs lost... but I did lose some inches... yay
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    nitag - SW 202/ GW 145/ CW 200 Loss 2 lbs

Wow you guys.. girls I mean.. WOW...
  • nitag
    Options
    This morning I totally was lagging.. My husband had to keep nudging me to get outta bed to exercise.. He kept saying don't you need to be somewhere.. I wanted to kick him but I know he is just being there for me..

I just keeping thinking wow.... We are all doing so amamzing... I love this group.. I have totally bailed on my BL group on the BL website. I actually cancelled it, but no refund for me. The people arn't just as friendly as you all... I actually enjoy loggin on and chattin here...

well once more.. WOW:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Just addin on Swignals stats :)

nitag - SW 202/ GW 145/ CW 200 Loss 2 lbs
    Swignal- SW 317/ GW 130/ CW 315/ Loss 2 pounds

YAY!!!!!!!!

OH... I just had to throw out there that for the past 2 weeks I have really been struggling with drinking enough water. I know better, just havent been doin it!! SO... today I made it a point to drink a whole bottle this morning BEFORE going to the gym, then drank 1 there and refilled it for the drive home. Im up to 4.5 cups so far and its 11:30.. so the other 3.5 should be pretty easy for me to get in!

Chugga Chugga!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Swignal: Hurray for inches!!! I did not measure at the beginning but have definately lost inches becasue my pants are all too big. :bigsmile: Keep up the good work!

Anita: Hurray for 20 lbs lost.:flowerforyou: Your dedication is paying off. Nice to hear your husband supports you. That is so important. How is Kole? Watched ER last night and thought about him on the ekmo machine.

LaciJae - Hurray 3 lbs :glasses:

Way to go team!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    7.gif

The "Happy Feet" soundtrack is my favorite workout music. What's yours?

glaswater.jpg

Did I hear some backsliding going on???

I was looking at all the 20lbs-Lost Weight Tickers on our thread. Amazing!!

Here is an aerobic GOLD STAR for all of you!!!!

Star.gif
  • nitag
    Options
    Swignal: Hurray for inches!!! I did not measure at the beginning but have definately lost inches becasue my pants are all too big. :bigsmile: Keep up the good work!

Anita: Hurray for 20 lbs lost.:flowerforyou: Your dedication is paying off. Nice to hear your husband supports you. That is so important. How is Kole? Watched ER last night and thought about him on the ekmo machine.

LaciJae - Hurray 3 lbs :glasses:

Way to go team!

Kole is doing ok.. He is off Ecmo and on a ventilator now. He had his surgery, all his organs are back where they belong except for his intestines, they are in a bag on his tummy in a hole.. Kind of gross they are letting gravity put them back where they belong and then they will close him up.. Oh and big news which is really hugh for CDH babies.. HE POOPED!!!! his first poop since he was born 21 days ago..

Thanks so much for asking.. If I could figure out how to post a picture of him I would.. He's cute..
  • nitag
    Options
    7.gif

The "Happy Feet" soundtrack is my favorite workout music. What's yours?

glaswater.jpg

Did I hear some backsliding going on???

I was looking at all the 20lbs-Lost Weight Tickers on our thread. Amazing!!

Here is an aerobic GOLD STAR for all of you!!!!

Star.gif

I watch General Hospital when I exercise lol...
  • jyrowe34
    jyrowe34 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi Team,

This is my first time and I am learning the website. I hope that I did everything right. I am currently at 222.5 lbs as of Monday, March 9, 2009. I weigh every Monday with a buddy.

168101.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary