Replies

• ifyouseekei
    ifyouseekei Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi!!
  • willlafriu
    willlafriu Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Not new, but new here. The hardest thing is the pain. An sticking to that pain of weight loss. I'm sure im not the only one .who cant walk ,after leg day? An weights feeling the muscles, be painful, after lifting,or am i?
  • supermang49
    supermang49 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey former sparker here went by Superman!! Great to see everybody!! Love peace and no grease!! (WDD) Willpower...Dedication....Determination
  • burnedoutmom
    burnedoutmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am a former member of Spark People. I started Spark People right before they shut down, and I have been Looking for a new group to join. I found information on a search, and here I am, ready to lose weight. I am 72 years young and looking for a group experience where I can get down to my suggested weight, which is over 100 lbs. Looking to meet new people and get inspiration to helo me stay on track. Burnedout Mom
  • JustJ2014
    JustJ2014 Posts: 5,386 Member
    Options
    1altvdlah1br.png

All former Sparkers are more than welcome to join our group.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140805-spark-people-friends
  • FiveStarPhotographer
    FiveStarPhotographer Posts: 5 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hello everyone, I too am a former Sparkpeople person. I loved the motivation and accountibility that was on that website and hope to find the same here. I believe I was known as Clsylady on Spark.
  • Kaye_k
    Kaye_k Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! Former spark people member. I need more friends for motivation! Add me, please!
  • danaecasebolt8378
    danaecasebolt8378 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Danae I been on sparks on and off for the last 8 years. Been on MyFitnessPal for the last year. Lost my orginal account so had to do another. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • SNAILTURBO2GO
    SNAILTURBO2GO Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have lost 53 pounds and have been in maintenance for 3 months now. I am seeking friends that have lost and kept off weight as well as those that maybe regained and lost again. My goals are to maintain a plant based diet and continue to learn about nutrition in order to keep feeling so great. I have accomplished all this with thyroid disease, interested in anyone who has similar stories or just needs long term friends to keep the pace.
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,751 Member
    Options
    Hello, all former Sparkers! The seasonal 5% Challenge celebrated our first year at MFP with the 2022 Fall Challenge which just ended. We take off for the winter round on 1/7. There is still plenty of time for new "passengers" to board one of our planes.

5️⃣%💪 The Power of 5%!5️⃣%

2022 Fall 5% Community Final Numbers rkwp16jwg7h7.png

We are a Community with 8 individual teams. Our first challenge was on Spark People in the Spring of 2010. We are approaching 13 years together. Some of us have never left. We are very grateful to MFP for welcoming us for our first challenge here in Fall 2021.

The 8 teams are in a friendly competition as we "race our team planes" to fabulous destinations across the globe. Our goal is to lose 5% of our weight, personally, as individual teams, and as a Community.
    The graphs below are pretty self-explanatory but feel free to ask questions.

Weigh-In = WINgs3avt6gkdkj.png

Members log their exercises to a thread on their respective teams. 120 Max minutes daily. Each minute counts as 1 air mile. Our destinations are 6,000 air miles.

Minute Milesilmnno6ok64t.png

Each week we have healthy lifestyle activities which help us form healthy habits. We call them "Living The Good Life". We have 2 LTGL activities each week. Point values can vary but usually, they are 10 points, all or nothing. You receive points if you do the activity and no points if you don't. One of the activities changes each week to something new to do.

LTGL 1pxiu5ewi3suu.png

LTGL 2c2hxqbxeme87.png

Everyone Is A WINner!

The teams accrue points for their placement in each of the categories each week. Points are earned from 8 to 1as you will notice in the screenshots above.

Final Pointshew2stfrjq7p.png

The teams are all great! Some are more competitive and some are more laid back.

Our rules are basic and simple.

1) Post, points to the Weekly Living the Good Life Challenges: AKA Healthy Habits
    2) Post, exercise minutes at least weekly but daily is best for your team. (before 11:59 PM Friday in your TZ)
    3) Post, Weekly Weigh-Ins. (before 11:59 Saturday in your TZ)
    4) If you will be away please let us know so we can count you excused.

If you miss weigh-ins or fail to post 2 weeks consecutively you become inactive by default and give up your choice of your team in future challenges.

To read our detailed FAQ follow this link
    Ceri (Ceriusly1)
    MerryChristmas
    Overall Co-Leader, 2023 Winter 5% Challenge Community
    Captain, 2023 Winter 5% Challenge ~ Tenacious GR8TERS

Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges ~ Bloggers!!
  • LaurynA3
    LaurynA3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How crazy is it that until I saw this thread, i forgot I was a previous spark people member?! I think my user name was laurynq16! Just rejoined myfitnesspal and am so excited to finally take control on my health.
  • beingfit2
    beingfit2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Previous Spark Member. I believe since 2001 or 2002. Been with this app for quite a while. I have been in the fitness industry for 27 years. I have a M.S. in exercise science and have had over 10,000 student in my 17 years of teaching at our local college. I share this site with all my clients and students. I love that it syncs with my polar watch.
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,215 Member
    Options
    beingfit2 wrote: »
    Hi all. Previous Spark Member. I believe since 2001 or 2002. Been with this app for quite a while. I have been in the fitness industry for 27 years. I have a M.S. in exercise science and have had over 10,000 student in my 17 years of teaching at our local college. I share this site with all my clients and students. I love that it syncs with my polar watch.

WELCOME!! May I ask ... what is a polar watch?
  • Genie_B99
    Genie_B99 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Holy moly, "SparkPeople"--that's a blast from the past! I was on that site for a couple of years back in 2012-2013 (I think). I was Genie_B there. Just joined MFP because I've gained more than few pounds and I'd like to lose them. Awfully sorry that SP is no longer, I really enjoyed that site. But we'll see what MFP has to offer, eh?
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,215 Member
    Options
    Genie_B99 wrote: »
    Holy moly, "SparkPeople"--that's a blast from the past! I was on that site for a couple of years back in 2012-2013 (I think). I was Genie_B there. Just joined MFP because I've gained more than few pounds and I'd like to lose them. Awfully sorry that SP is no longer, I really enjoyed that site. But we'll see what MFP has to offer, eh?

Did you know about the 5% Challenges on SP? We brought them over to MFP. Let me know if you want info.
  • MammySher
    MammySher Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Years ago, I wanted to live a better lifestyle. I was at 240 pounds and joined a great community called Spark People. I was down to 150 pounds, and I felt great. Then they closed down. Now I'm up to 185 and feel really old. I want to get back to feeling like I did. Today after spending 2 days laying in bed watching TV, I was really upset with myself. So I went in search of a program that was like the program I had success with before and found this program. I work 10 to 12 hours daily, 6 to 7 days weekly. I homeschool my 11th-grade grandson, which really helps keep my mind active now. I need to get my body going. I have been homeschooling him for 3 years now. My mentally handicapped son also lives with us. It is a struggle sometimes, but I wouldn't have it any other way. They need me as much as I need them.
  • JustJ2014
    Options
    All former Sparkers are more than welcome to join our group.

Click here to join Spark People Friends

k7os1zy0o9ym.png

• joandumas42
    joandumas42 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello, I was Joaniedee on Sparkpeople for many years. I was so sorry to see it go as I lost all my favourite foods and recipes. Like Canuck, I tried to find something on Sparkpeople for Canadians, but no luck. So I am getting used to myfitnesspal and finding it works too. I need the accountability of having a daily goal and tracking it. I gained about 15 pounds during the pandemic, and have actually lost a pound since joining 4 days ago!
  • JustJ2014
    Options
    Hello, I was Joaniedee on Sparkpeople for many years. I was so sorry to see it go as I lost all my favourite foods and recipes. Like Canuck, I tried to find something on Sparkpeople for Canadians, but no luck. So I am getting used to myfitnesspal and finding it works too. I need the accountability of having a daily goal and tracking it. I gained about 15 pounds during the pandemic, and have actually lost a pound since joining 4 days ago!

Feel free to join our little team.
  • joandumas42
    joandumas42 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I just sent a request through to join.