WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    :)
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Thank you for the new thread!

Happy February to everyone. May we have a good month and meet our goals.

I am starting this month in the 130s. OK, 138.8, but I will take it.

Most of my MFP from the years of being on this site are inactive. So if you’re new and want some friends here, reach out.

Jeannie in New Mexico
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    :)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,752 Member
    Word of the year: APPRECIATE; today I appreciate the sun!

#2 Practice fairness today by putting yourself in someone else’s shoes: Working on this

Did yoga twice so far this week and weights once. 2 days so far over 7,000 steps. I went to Walmart to get beer for DH and bought a couple donuts (my bad) for me because I get angry with having to go to store just for beer. I did buy some plain yogurt and fruit cups for me too. Butter and coffee creamer as well, but I was only sent for the beer. I did manage to keep my calories under goal anyway! Glad of that.

Today I need to do arm weights, the minutes from a meeting i attended Tuesday, go over the misfits order to try to match items in a local store to see if I can save money there. I love the selection Misfits sends so will use their scheduled list to shop this week and cancel their order.

Must get going, dog barking and reservations waiting on me.

Laters ladies!
    RVRita in NM
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Only if you're interested in doing something like this as we go along ...

Feel Good Feb and/or Exercising the Alphabet in February
    Feel Good Feb
    zdlnh64mq3da.png
    https://www.actbelongcommit.org.au/programs-initiatives/feelgood-feb/

Exercising the Alphabet in February

In other words, on February 1, you'd walk to a street that starts with A or do an exercise video hosted by someone whose name starts with A or something ... A.

On February 2, you'd go swimming at a Beach or play a game of Baseball or something ... B.

On February 3, you'd go Cycling or Climb some stairs or something ... C.

and so on.

There are, of course, 26 letters in the alphabet and 28 days in February, so you'd have 2 free days if you didn't exercise those days or couldn't fit in the next letter of the alphabet.

I have listed several January highlights so that meets the calendar suggestion for February 1...

And I walked to the Asian "dollar store" next to the Asian grocers and bought Art supplies at lunch today. That'll be my A. :)

M in Oz

Put myself in someone else's shoes ... I've been treating my difficult work colleague with kindness by talking to her about her son, complimenting her skirt, talking quietly and gently to her and so on.

And today, I walked to Bathurst Street to Buy some Books. I also climbed stairs in my Building. :)

Machka in Oz

Is the Asian "dollar store" Daiso?
    that is what we have here. LOVED going to the ones in Osaka. They were huge! So fun to check out

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I visited with DH this morning. He has been resting. Lunch will be coming along & I hope he spends time with his friends. I’ll check in on him in a while. 😊
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    no work today but helping dh with dump run and recycling run(van is totally packed with aluminum cans. Two bags are still left plus a few with plastic bottles that will have to wait for next time. We will NOT wait this long to take them up next time)
    Not sure what else he has planned but those two have to get done.

We need to go pick up more tarps- one of the big ones has a rip in it and we are supposed to get some rain tomorrow and Sunday. Shouldn't be too much.

Heading up to mom's as soon as Ezie leaves tomorrow- looking forward to spending time with her. No plans, except going to visit my aunt. She is the last surviving sibling of my dad's. Last of ten kids.Next time I will get together with my old classmates. Great that we are still in touch after all these years. It does help that our 5th grade class was so small- only 12 of us I think and we went to school the rest of gradeschool and then high school together(I went to a different junior high than two of them, the third went to the one I did-I haven't seen her in over 30 yrs but we keep in touch- she saw our posts from our last get together and wants to join us. Looking forward to that. We have all very different lives but still have than common bond that is so strong.

Time for a little more tea before dh gets back from his mom's and we have to start the chore list- He is feeling a little better but still not great. Still grumpy but not as bad(will see how he is after he gets back.

Have a wonderful Thursday ladies

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,267 Member
    B)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    Feb 2 feel good: “practice fairness by putting yourself in someone else’s shoes” Doubt many opportunities today, will save this for Monday’s firehouse check in or Wednesday’s board meeting :naughty:

Welcome @kite16509 ! Wow, you’ve been through a lot. Many here don’t do the friend thing but support each other on this thread. You’ll be surprised how many can relate.
    Welcome @ccoash14! Great attitude!
    @susandoll16 well done! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?
    Heather glorious sunset indeed, well set off by gorgeous grands! Brava for that gracious email. Avalanches, shovels and detours, truth this.
    Katla ((hugs)) Joe and I were missing our Scooter this morning, remembering how worried he’d get whenever we took his collar
    Rebecca (and Vicki) fasting from online games is something I need to try.
    Michele, that calculator had me back to BMI 27 but said building muscle is more important than losing pounds for improving my longevity ;)
    Annie the “funny now” salted marmalade story made me smile. There is a middle eastern delicacy called salted lemons, but I’ve never mustered the courage to try it.
    Kylia finding solutions while not responding or complaining? Bravissima!
    Pip would you remind me what causes Lucy’s feet to bleed? Nail bed, pads or ???
    Lanette “Little Debbies” LOL!
    Rita does your husband not drive?
    Rebecca could you and your chief ever splurge on a vacation to a warm and sunny nature camp?
    Debbie great bargains at Loew’s Well done!

Not so sunny today but no wind yet so up and at ‘em!
    02/1: Move: 2 sets PT, dogs to powerline, line dance class, active mins:236 steps:7906
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far:8 =beans-kidney, potatoes-russet, radishes, romaine, scallions, tangerines, tea, walnuts. CI<CO=428
    Live: Joe, readings, BP Wt:136.5
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer.
    February: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,388 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Feb 2 feel good: “practice fairness by putting yourself in someone else’s shoes” Doubt many opportunities today, will save this for Monday’s firehouse check in or Wednesday’s board meeting :naughty:

Welcome @kite16509 ! Wow, you’ve been through a lot. Many here don’t do the friend thing but support each other on this thread. You’ll be surprised how many can relate.
    Welcome @ccoash14! Great attitude!
    @susandoll16 well done! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?
    Heather glorious sunset indeed, well set off by gorgeous grands! Brava for that gracious email. Avalanches, shovels and detours, truth this.
    Katla ((hugs)) Joe and I were missing our Scooter this morning, remembering how worried he’d get whenever we took his collar
    Rebecca (and Vicki) fasting from online games is something I need to try.
    Michele, that calculator had me back to BMI 27 but said building muscle is more important than losing pounds for improving my longevity ;)
    Annie the “funny now” salted marmalade story made me smile. There is a middle eastern delicacy called salted lemons, but I’ve never mustered the courage to try it.
    Kylia finding solutions while not responding or complaining? Bravissima!
    Pip would you remind me what causes Lucy’s feet to bleed? Nail bed, pads or ???
    Lanette “Little Debbies” LOL!
    Rita does your husband not drive?
    Rebecca could you and your chief ever splurge on a vacation to a warm and sunny nature camp?
    Debbie great bargains at Loew’s Well done!

Not so sunny today but no wind yet so up and at ‘em!
    02/1: Move: 2 sets PT, dogs to powerline, line dance class, active mins:236 steps:7906
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far:8 =beans-kidney, potatoes-russet, radishes, romaine, scallions, tangerines, tea, walnuts. CI<CO=428
    Live: Joe, readings, BP Wt:136.5
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer.
    February: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

It is nice to have limited stuff on my feed now. I am one of eight moderators that keep tabs on a 10K member group on Facebook. Sure many don't post, and are lurkers more than posters. Its one of my coping tools for having overseas sailors.👍🏻💖.
    Sadly the realities of his liver transplant is being on anti rejection meds that compromise his skin, so he can't really be out in the sun, without complications. He does see a dermatologist and they spray and scrape like silly giddy toddlers. I'm sure its like $ per spray, so they need to make their daily quota.🙃😜
    So having rambled on about that, I think attending a resort is something I have to put on hold for now. If I did go, I would have to attend by myself, and I don't think my husband would be comfortable with me doing that. Its about respecting his feelings, and compromising.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa