WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,367 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Feb 2 feel good: “practice fairness by putting yourself in someone else’s shoes” Doubt many opportunities today, will save this for Monday’s firehouse check in or Wednesday’s board meeting :naughty:

Welcome @kite16509 ! Wow, you’ve been through a lot. Many here don’t do the friend thing but support each other on this thread. You’ll be surprised how many can relate.
    Welcome @ccoash14! Great attitude!
    @susandoll16 well done! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?
    Heather glorious sunset indeed, well set off by gorgeous grands! Brava for that gracious email. Avalanches, shovels and detours, truth this.
    Katla ((hugs)) Joe and I were missing our Scooter this morning, remembering how worried he’d get whenever we took his collar
    Rebecca (and Vicki) fasting from online games is something I need to try.
    Michele, that calculator had me back to BMI 27 but said building muscle is more important than losing pounds for improving my longevity ;)
    Annie the “funny now” salted marmalade story made me smile. There is a middle eastern delicacy called salted lemons, but I’ve never mustered the courage to try it.
    Kylia finding solutions while not responding or complaining? Bravissima!
    Pip would you remind me what causes Lucy’s feet to bleed? Nail bed, pads or ???
    Lanette “Little Debbies” LOL!
    Rita does your husband not drive?
    Rebecca could you and your chief ever splurge on a vacation to a warm and sunny nature camp?
    Debbie great bargains at Loew’s Well done!

Not so sunny today but no wind yet so up and at ‘em!
    02/1: Move: 2 sets PT, dogs to powerline, line dance class, active mins:236 steps:7906
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far:8 =beans-kidney, potatoes-russet, radishes, romaine, scallions, tangerines, tea, walnuts. CI<CO=428
    Live: Joe, readings, BP Wt:136.5
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer.
    February: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

I’ll explain when I have a minute
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,058 Member

Intentions for tomorrow:
    ♦️boiler service 11am✔️
    ♦️general chores✔️
    ♦️Latin prep✔️
    ♦️Read Act 1, Julius Caesar✔️
    ♦️7pm Book launch at library✔️
    ♦️solid habits ✔️

Taking care of yourself
    does not mean ‘Me first’
    It means
    ME TOO!!!

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them, especially those in unsatisfying relationships. It can be so wearing.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

I love this supportive group of wonderful friends. Thank you for being in my life.

☘️ Terri

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,302 Member
    :)
  • pipcd34
    I had a really great ride on Henry the horse today. He did everything I asked which usually means I asked properly. Except stay on the rail, but he always needs help with that.

On the other hand I weighed myself and my current spurt of exercise did me no good. So I ate three servings of chocolate. Now I'm in remorse mode, and I don't have enough calories left to fit my mango shake. Oh well, there will be days like this.

Annie in Delaware
    I wish there was a laughing option I could pic.
  • pipcd34
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 13min 17sec, 3.11ap, 93elev, 88ahr, 117mhr, 7.02mi= 703c
    Strava app= 860c

Lucy lasted 2miles. * we will c how the boots work on tomorrow’s walk

I was going to spin but I went to the store and got I’d tags for all 3 and got Lucy some boots.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Did Cathe Xtrain Low Impact HIIT DVD then went to BK to peel and slice onions. I was asked to also do 5 tomatoes (up from 4). No big deal.

Soup kitchen tomorrow and then Vince talked about putting away the Christmas decorations.

AnneDE – My grandmother used to scrape the butter wrapper saying “we paid for that”. To this day, I can still hear her saying that and I scrape the wrappers of butter/cream cheese/whatever. Funny how these things stick with you.

Deb – I have used smaller plates, too. At least I don’t feel so bad cleaning my plate….lol Wish I could go for my walk, but its raining out. Just lightly raining, but still raining. You might not want to park a car at MIL’s. That’ll just give your hubby a reason to go there. Update: there was a break in the rain so I got to go for my walk

M – beautiful pictures

Jeanne – nice to see you again

Started to get things to take to florida. Not the refrigerated items, but shelf-stable ones (like cereal, Gatorade, soda, etc) Repacked the things that I’m taking

Running the dishwasher right now. Don’t want to do a load of laundry since we’re on a septic and the ground is somewhat saturated.

Michele NC
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,940 Member
    All caught up!

Beth, so sorry about all the Covid. Prayers that you all recover quickly and that your mom avoids it.

Karen, best wishes for your meeting with your son.

Still concentrating on protein goals. It’s going pretty good.

Dave has decided we need new mattresses. Ours are over 10 years old. He says more like 15. I can’t remember. The ones we have are some kind of memory foam. I like them, but I want to check out the hybrid ones. Any recommendations from y’all?
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,936 Member
    did our dump run(with a free coupon so saved $43), did recycling run(made $84 in just aluminum cans) did a bunch of little errands.11 stops I think. Stopped at one place for lunch but looked at the menu-nothing I really wanted and didn't want to spend that much money on something I really didn't even want to try. Ended up going to Olive Garden- all you can eat salad and brought my ravioli home for lunch tomorrow.
    Making seafood stuffed pasta for dinner. Leftovers I will take to mom's tomorrow

Will walk with Martha if it isn't too cold or rainy.
    Already hit 6000 steps so far.

Debbie Napa Valley,CA
  • pipcd34
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,936 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Cathe Xtrain Low Impact HIIT DVD then went to BK to peel and slice onions. I was asked to also do 5 tomatoes (up from 4). No big deal.

Deb – I have used smaller plates, too. At least I don’t feel so bad cleaning my plate….lol Wish I could go for my walk, but its raining out. Just lightly raining, but still raining. You might not want to park a car at MIL’s. That’ll just give your hubby a reason to go there. Update: there was a break in the rain so I got to go for my walk

Michele NC

He already parks his pickup truck there and he is still going over there twice a day. I don't care how many times he goes over(except for when it screws up my plans ;) ) as long as I don't have to go too.
    Parking is tight around here and it looks better if there is a car in her carport or driveway(she has on on each side/corner lot) He has talked about selling his truck or the van but each are in great shape/runs really nice, paid for, and what we could get for them, he would rather just keep them for now. We have 5 vehicles for three drivers plus when ever son's girlfriend is here, add her car. Son drives the van to work or my car if I don't need it on days it rains because his truck isn't the safest in the rain. It is a great little truck, except for that.
    Between the four houses(three together, with us in the middle and the one across the street which is on a corner) there are close to 20 cars!! It was fine when the house next to us was empty all those years or when Sophie was there and didn't have a car. Before the neighbor on the other side moved in, there was a widow on that side too. She drove but kept her car in her garage. Everyone else either has too much stuff to park in the garage(us and the one across the street) or they use that as entertainment spot(many houses on the block)

Debbie
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I visited DH tonight. We had a good visit and he is tucked in bed. A young women came in to help him get in bed. She’s a high school girl who is considering a nursing career. DH & I were both impressed with her. I suspect she will make good choices and do well. ⭐️