Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Good morning ladies!

Rain here. I'm feeling lazy already.

Annie in Delaware
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    Carol - Most days I do nothing much at all! I consider my life very calm. Yesterday was a rare exception. I actually hate being busy.
    My priorities are 1. Exercise 2, Writing (something) 3.Grandchildren.
    Exercise I try to do no matter what. Writing could be finishing a poem, like this morning, or writing an email for publicity, and grandchildren.... as it comes. :p
    Otherwise I spend a lot of time alone, recharging, or napping.
    I did manage to paint a Valentines Day card for DH. I made a design mistake, but it's OK. Relieved I rescued it.
    Now I'm having a cup of tea, before a 20 minute row and then a lovely nap. Bliss. :)
    I will have to hang up some laundry at some point. I find these days I often forget, because the washing machine switches itself off and doesn't sound an alarm like the old one. :o

Tracey - Glad you are back safely. Wishing you good recharging and recovery time. <3<3<3 It will take a while.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    💕
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    :)
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    edited February 2023
    Feb 9 Identify a role model who embodies perseverance and two ways to emulate them.
    Pastors wife: 1=show up, 2=smile.

Joe has ultra sound and cat? CT? scan this morning for deviated septum, also low dose CT scan of lungs as former smoker. He’s seems to be positive about the tests, looking forward to treatment to ease his breathing and dry mouth issues. I’m not doing so well concealing my worry.

At the movies I was true to myself, had a buttered popcorn AND a small root beer. Still managed to keep CI below CO, get 59 g protein and 15 veggies, thanks to Spicy v8. :laugh: Today will get some healthier protein and veggies in a Caesar salad to have with zoom happy hour with C.

Welcome @carrieneary71 Carrie from Rochester!
    Annie yes those all count, as do the less than aerobic strolling with Teddy ;)
    Heather thanks for my vocabulary word of the day: “murmuration.” Think you’ve used it before, but this time I looked it up. ;} Envy all your Hove opportunities, Brava for taking advantage of them.
    Rebecca blood glucose @ 450? Yikes! Could your Chief have accidentally not fasted?
    Katla your tummy has been bothering you more often lately. Do you think it’s a bug or something in the food or???
    Tracey glad you’re both home safe, wish you had more time to rest and re-acclimate before having to return to work.
    Kylia you inspire me to start on our taxes, soon as I do the board meeting minutes… ;) Sending good thoughts for tomorrow’s heart Dr. appointment.
    Machka yours to Rosemarie about all foods being processed. Truth that. Believe the concern is for “ultra” processed, but not sure how that’s defined. I’d agree that veggie/fake meat and dairy products qualify as ultra processed, just as canned foods and most frozen meals, due to their salt and preservatives. When we’re told to eat mostly plants I think the Drs mean whole, leafy greens, brassicas, curcibits, fruits, nightshades, nuts, legumes, tubers, even whole grains, not so much soy/corn/grain/nuts masquerading as meat and cheese. I feel the same way about cauliflower "bread/rice/pizza crust." But that takes planning, time and work ;) When is a database not relational? When there are no links between tables? Or???
    Machka, Katla, and especially Barbie’s “…if I want my car detailed, I can hire someone” Ditto. Despite the occasional frustration I am so grateful for Joe, his attitude, his protection, his care. No trade-ins here!
    Allie praying for good news at tomorrow’s cardio appointment.
    02/8: Move: 2 sets PT, dogs to powerline, line dance class. active mins:252 steps:5271
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 15= beet juice, carrot juice, celery juice, lettuce juice, mint jelly, parsley juice, peanut butter, pecans, popcorn, spinach juice, tangerines, tea, tomato juice, watercress juice, wheat(English muffin). CI<CO=623
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, 80 for Brady with T & S, fire district board meeting. Wt:137.1
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer.
    February: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    edited February 2023
    Yes, Barbara! Most of you will be able to recognise this place by now - the ruins of our West Pier. One of the best places in the country for watching the starlings. Not my photo.
    wzax27b0rsdy.jpg

Yesterday's one was small, but I have seen huge, spectacular ones. :)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Hmm. Little Teddy just came in from outside and ran upstairs to hide in my bedroom. I called him downstairs and he came, but he was trembling at first. This is not like him. I wonder if he hurt himself outside, but I can't find anything.

He has been barking a lot the last few days, making me wonder if he is anxious. He just started a new Flea/tick/heartworm medicine on Sunday. Has anyone tried Simparica Trio? So far I am more suspicious than impressed. He hasn't finished a couple meals lately.

Hmmm. Poor baby.

Annie in Delaware
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,603 Member
    So...
    Overall the cardiologist really isn't overly concerned. She said my bp looks good, recovers quickly when high. Pulses all seem to be okay. A little leery of LDL, but holding any decisions on that until a few other tests are done. I explained that my total cholesterol was 213 from 30 until about 45. Then it crept up. I range between 230-250. She was more than pleased with my hdl. Seems to think LDL may be hereditary. Anyway, I will have a stress test and an echo done. If necessary a newer cat scan thing to check for potential blockages. I go back to see her in 4-6 weeks just to follow up. I did tell her that I was only doing any of this to give my DH some peace of mind. I dont think anything is wrong. She did say not to start any intense exercise routines until after tests‐lol!
    Anyway, just keeping you in the loop.

Kylia in Ohio