WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Feb 9 Identify a role model who embodies perseverance and two ways to emulate them.
    Pastors wife: 1=show up, 2=smile.

Joe has ultra sound and cat? CT? scan this morning for deviated septum, also low dose CT scan of lungs as former smoker. He’s seems to be positive about the tests, looking forward to treatment to ease his breathing and dry mouth issues. I’m not doing so well concealing my worry.

At the movies I was true to myself, had a buttered popcorn AND a small root beer. Still managed to keep CI below CO, get 59 g protein and 15 veggies, thanks to Spicy v8. :laugh: Today will get some healthier protein and veggies in a Caesar salad to have with zoom happy hour with C.

Welcome @carrieneary71 Carrie from Rochester!
    Annie yes those all count, as do the less than aerobic strolling with Teddy ;)
    Heather thanks for my vocabulary word of the day: “murmuration.” Think you’ve used it before, but this time I looked it up. ;} Envy all your Hove opportunities, Brava for taking advantage of them.
    Rebecca blood glucose @ 450? Yikes! Could your Chief have accidentally not fasted?
    Katla your tummy has been bothering you more often lately. Do you think it’s a bug or something in the food or???
    Tracey glad you’re both home safe, wish you had more time to rest and re-acclimate before having to return to work.
    Kylia you inspire me to start on our taxes, soon as I do the board meeting minutes… ;) Sending good thoughts for tomorrow’s heart Dr. appointment.
    Machka yours to Rosemarie about all foods being processed. Truth that. Believe the concern is for “ultra” processed, but not sure how that’s defined. I’d agree that veggie/fake meat and dairy products qualify as ultra processed, just as canned foods and most frozen meals, due to their salt and preservatives. When we’re told to eat mostly plants I think the Drs mean whole, leafy greens, brassicas, curcibits, fruits, nightshades, nuts, legumes, tubers, even whole grains, not so much soy/corn/grain/nuts masquerading as meat and cheese. I feel the same way about cauliflower "bread/rice/pizza crust." But that takes planning, time and work ;) When is a database not relational? When there are no links between tables? Or???
    Machka, Katla, and especially Barbie’s “…if I want my car detailed, I can hire someone” Ditto. Despite the occasional frustration I am so grateful for Joe, his attitude, his protection, his care. No trade-ins here!
    Allie praying for good news at tomorrow’s cardio appointment.
    02/8: Move: 2 sets PT, dogs to powerline, line dance class. active mins:252 steps:5271
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 15= beet juice, carrot juice, celery juice, lettuce juice, mint jelly, parsley juice, peanut butter, pecans, popcorn, spinach juice, tangerines, tea, tomato juice, watercress juice, wheat(English muffin). CI<CO=623
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, 80 for Brady with T & S, fire district board meeting. Wt:137.1
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer.
    February: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

Nope he fasted. Didn't have breakfast etc. He has a video appointment with doctor on Monday. After seeing that high number doc dud call him asking how he felt etc. He has none of the symptoms.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Rebecca--Sorry to hear DH blood sugar was so high. It could be caused by carbs, or stress, or an infection. I know when mine is up I have to go over a list of things to see if I can figure out why. It seems they should of scheduled the phone appointment sooner.
    Katla--Hope you are feeling better. There is a lot of crud going around, but it is that time of year I guess.
    Tracey--Good to hear you are home. You have had a lot to deal with this last couple weeks. Hope you both can relax and regroup.
    Add me to the group that have a great man. It has not always been that way. But we both have grown and realized what is important. We are in a good place now. Thank the Good Lord.
    I also like to get home a day or two before having to return to work. Gives me time to catch up and get my mind set to return to work.
    We are invited to a couple from church house tonight for supper. I always get myself worked up and then end up most the time enjoying myself. I just feel really off the last couple days. I know my eating is all over the place and way to much. Need to get a handle on this again.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

Nah, his carbs are fairly low, his sugar low too. He really has no stress, life just going along great. Exercising 4+ times a week for 45 min. No infections to report. Its a mystery!
    He has a video chat appt with our doc on Monday.👍🏻
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,747 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Home with Alfie..bless her heart ,Elena sent away to Poland and got me beautiful handmade slippers..because the others didn't fit,from Christmas.. and guess what? These don't either lol
    I told her ,stick to Blankets and earrings ,poor thing.. i asked if her girls or her sister could use them.. but alas.. I will have to find someone else.n10fld7pc1ow.jpg
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,943 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Little Teddy just came in from outside and ran upstairs to hide in my bedroom. I called him downstairs and he came, but he was trembling at first. This is not like him. I wonder if he hurt himself outside, but I can't find anything.

He has been barking a lot the last few days, making me wonder if he is anxious. He just started a new Flea/tick/heartworm medicine on Sunday. Has anyone tried Simparica Trio? So far I am more suspicious than impressed. He hasn't finished a couple meals lately.

Hmmm. Poor baby.

Annie in Delaware

We have always used Revolution for our cat. The last time I went in to pick some up, the receptionist suggested Revolt, which is the same main ingredient but half the price. We have noticed that our cat loses his appetite for a couple of days after treatment and tends to not be his usual playful self. I don't know if it's the Revolt or the fact that he passed the 6 lb mark so now gets the bigger dosage and he is at the bottom range of the weights for it. I'm going to mention it to the vet when I go back to buy more. I am not familiar with Simparica Trio, but it's possible that it has the same anorexic effect on your dog. I was ready to go back to paying the higher price for Revolution until I googled and learned that loss of appetite is a side effect of both.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,747 Member
    Options
    Iuse Pet Armor which is generic Frontline...seems to work well..
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,075 Member
    Options
    Barbara Yay for CI<CO !

I rode Henry today, and we did weaving poles at a trot for the first time together. He was great fun, he understands the pattern so I hardly have to guide him at all. It's awesome when the communication is good.

I'm keeping a close eye on Teddy. I went out in the yard with him and didn't see anything unusual.

I have to think of a way to serve leftover thick pork chops to my parents that is easy to chew. Maybe if I just slice them really thin. Hmm. Off to consult Chef Google.

Annie in Delaware

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    <3
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies! (((hugs))) to those who need them.

Welcome home Tracey. I'll just bet it seems quiet in your house. Try to enjoy it while it lasts.

LOVE what you said about your husband, Machka. As much as I can complain about Freddy, I wouldn't trade him for the world. He's so good to me. I hope I'm as good to him. I try to be. Will still enjoy being together.

Oh gosh, Allie, those are GORGEOUS! I'm so sorry they don't fit! As Truvy says, "They're just too cha-cha for words."

9-Identify a role model who embodies perseverence. Can you find two ways to emulate them... my mom, try to do that every day
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,607 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 4min 9sec, 65elev, 2.99ap, 91ahr, 113mhr, 6.34mi= 710c
    Strava app- 776c
    Other- pressure wash front walkway and patio- 35.34min= 163c

Total cal 873
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,075 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Rosemarie good luck with your changes! I too have some reservations about the ultra processed food. Especially since it includes chocolate. There's no way that my semi-sweet dairy free no additive baking chocolate morsels are in the same category as a candy bar, but they just didn't get specific.

I ate 1227 calories today, but with dumbbells and horse, I'm still under CO by 274 so I'm okay by the numbers. On the psyche side, I caved in and had 2 oz of pork chop; I ate the leftovers as I cleaned up the dishes. That was a bad impulse that could grow into a bad habit. So something to watch.

Annie in Delaware
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,366 Member
    Options
    Did Sara Kooperman’s Retro Low to Go DVD then went to BK. They asked me to also do a few containers of lettuce. Now, in addition to the onions that I wanted to do, I also do a few tomatoes for them, and now a few lettuce. I have a feeling that this is going to be every Thursday. The store manager did tell me that if there are 4 or fewer containers when I come in on Thurs, would I do 3 more? What did I say? So I guess it was a blessing in disguise that I couldn’t sign up for the Green Room.

Took my walk, then we prebowled, went to Bed Bath and Beyond because I understand they are closing and I want a memory foam pillow for a king bed. Only they don’t have ANY for a king. They just don’t carry them. Stopped at Dollar General since I used to get a lot of freeze dried fruit there and I want some for when we go to FL, but they only had pears. So that’s what I got.

Home now and making more brownies for Vince to have when we get home.

Tracey – welcome home!

I do have to say that Vince is a pretty good husband. Oh, he has his faults, don’t we all? I’m sure there are things that I do that bother him. But at the end of the day, I don’t think I’d trade him for anything

We’re coming back from FL on a Monday but I just don’t feel like going to work on Tues so I’m taking that day off

The store manager mentioned to me that she hoped I’d come back after FL. I just told her that she’d only get rid of me one of two ways, if BK fired me or if it stopped being enjoyable. They aren’t going to get rid of me that fast!!!!

Still have that dry cough.

Carrie – welcome!

Got cans of V8 to take in the car while we’re traveling. Interesting, the 5.5oz can was 30 calories. The ones I just got, 8oz, also says it’s 30 calories. How can this possibly be? Looking at MFP’s database, it looks like the 8oz is like 70 calories. So why does the wrapper say only 30?

Barbara – is the spicy V8 very spicy?

Allie – sending good thoughts for tomorrow. Those slippers are breathtaking

Rita – I used to go to the local beauty school’s salon, too. Unfortunately, they closed down when COVID hit and to my knowledge they haven’t opened up again. I really should give them a call. They are real good if you’re not looking for anything real fancy. If it’s just a trim, the prices are good. They also do manicures, pedicures, wax peels, etc. Remember, hair grows out. That’s my philosophy if something isn't exactly right. Yea for you upping your weights!

Annie – we get our Revolution for the cat(s) from Sierra Pet Meds. The Revolution is made in the US but mailed from Australia. It’s the exact same thing as the Revolution here in the US but a whole lot less expensive

Rose – it appears the Sara Kooperman DVD was an instructional DVD, for instructors. But I’d never heard of her. It was OK, not fantastic but also not terrible. Good luck with the changes

I enjoy washing, waxing, detailing my car. For one thing at least I know that it’s the way I want it.

Tracey – how I miss the ceramics and can’t wait for them to open again. To me, it’s just so relaxing.

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    Up early because one of the cats peed on my blanket- think the one is the older momma cat. She just started staying in our room again with the rest of the bunch who hang out in there or in the catio(it is attached to our room).
    Got up and got laundry started, fed the cats, had a cup of tea then got some cookie dough started. Lemon Oatmeal. Mom and I made them Saturday for the first time. Lemons from her tree and eggs from her chickens- they are really good. I was supposed to take my plate full to my aunt but she canceled, then I was going to take them to Zumba but didn't go because I wasn't feeling good, dh tried them and really liked them. Finished the last one and asked for me to make more.

Dh and son went to the insurance office to turn in paperwork and ask some questions. Son is back on our coverage at no extra cost to us as long as he is paying his policy. He will be driving our van or my car until he finds a car to buy. He got approved for the loan. Could have got more but doesn't want to.
    He was surprised at his credit score of 805.

After they were done(I stayed home to do the cookies), dh and I went out to pick up a couple things.
    He worked outside but came in not feeling good. Took a shower and headed to his mom's to give her dinner. We are supposed to go out with a friend of his but I am kind of hoping dh still isn't feeling good and cancels for tonight. Not supposed to meet until 7:30 so makes for a really late dinner for me. 5-6 is when I usually eat.
    If he does still want to go, I told him I might snack before going up. Had the last of the crab on a big salad, using the last of the cocktail sauce as my "dressing". Added a boiled egg to the salad.

Feeling tired already and it is only 4:30.

Debbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,607 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Barbara— I am in a situation that doesn’t allow me to do my own cooking. It will likely be a while before I have my own kitchen. Right now the focus is DH’s health. I’m praying for improvement for him.

Annie— I envy your riding. Weaving poles at a trot is fun for horse and rider. It sounds like Henry is a good horse. 🐎 I miss riding.

Rosemarie — I have the opportunity to live close-by DH in a facility that has nurse care givers that are doing good things to help him. I am comfortable in my room & I have made nice friends here. Our daughter is also close enough to stop by after work and do things with me on her days off. All in all I feel lucky.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,641 Member
    Options
    :)