WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Need help with my "Listening..." homework. Would anyone share an example of when they really just needed to be heard, but others talked over them or snowed them with advice.?

Thanks!
    Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer.
    February: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

Just live a day with me! I am constantly being talked over. It's one of the main reasons I like communicating through the written word rather than talking and will often send an email first before attempting to speak to someone.

If I really want to say something, I will just keep talking even though I am being talked over and I will do it slightly louder.

Otherwise I will stop talking and roll my eyes and the moment they take a breath, I'll say, "As I was saying ..."

M in Oz

Barbara & Machka I think social anxiety, passion, hearing difficulties, know-it-all-ism, and gender all contribute to talking over people. I tend to talk over people when I am passionate about something, but I am keenly aware of social cues, so I immediately know what I have done and apologize for interrupting and ask the other person to please continue. If I am talked over, I don’t resume my comments unless it’s important for some reason - conveying accurate information to someone, or explaining something the other person really needs to understand (this mostly applied at work prior to retirement). Otherwise, I just figure I was being boring. I’m not always the most interesting conversationalist, LOL. t0817.gif

Karen in Virginia

i wish my dh would become aware of him doing this. He dominates all conversations, no matter where we are or who we are with. I am used to it, especially around his friends but get a bit annoyed when we happen to be with my friends or family and I can't get a word in. Then, when he finally does stop talking, I have forgotten what I wanted to say or the conversation has gone in a totally different way.
    That is why I love walking with my friends with him not there. Then it is a two way conversation instead of a one way.

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Sorry Tina- hope things work out quickly for you and you can also enjoy the weekend
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    Options
    Good conversation with L. She is someone who knew my ex well.
    I was able to get her out of her depressed mood and helped her with her conflicted feelings over her deceased partner. She feels so guilty when she thinks negatively about him. I tried to reassure her that we are all a mixture of feelings. <3 We can love and feel exasperated at the same time. My private opinion is that he was very disturbed, almost impossible, but she loved him and stuck it out..
    Nice dinner with the left-over smoked salmon from our Iceland trip. I used broccoli, frozen spinach, peas, broad beans and an artichoke heart, along with scallion, garlic, in a crême fraiche and light philly sauce over tagliatelle. A light rosé wine.
    Death in Paradise tonight. And my favourite programme, Would I Lie to You. :p:p:p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/kids- 1hr 49min 58sec, 56elev, 3.21ap, 91ahr, 105mhr, 6.01c= 598c
    Strava app= 736c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 36.05min, 85elev, 82aw, 16.7amph, 117ahr, 140mhr, 10.05mi= 263c
    Strava app- 168c
    Zwift stats- 36.12min, 86elev, 81aw, 59arpm, 16.74amph, 10.1mi= 168c

Total cal 861

I think we are finally over the hump with Lucy’s nails. 3 days of her walking the full 6 miles, no bleeding, no taking the stroller, took the booties JUST in case she started bleeding.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Vicki— Thanks for your kind comment. 🌹
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Pip great news about Lucy!

Allie great news about your heart!

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    fs0p1uvo3781.jpg
    u4hbwcob4403.jpg
    Putting the sloppy in sloppy joes
    The slippers- so I wear a size 9 and they had gotten me another pair that didn't fit.. so these came from Poland and are hand made..
    I would love to gift them to anyone who could fit in them.but I would say they are a size 8 at best..so ladies let me know.. and DM your address if you would be able to use them.
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies! (((hugs))) to those who need them.

I was thinking the same thing, drkatiebug!

WOOHOO, ANNIE!

Oh Tina... sending HUGE (((HUGS)))

10-Check an item off your to-do list this weekend... gonna START taking down the village, won't get done, it's a chore, but the process will begin!
    SO very glad it's FRIDAY!!! Have a GREAT WEEKEND LADIES!
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options

Today’s intentions:
    📍Latin study group✔️
    📍walk to fishmongers ✔️
    📍Solid Habits ✔️

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for all those those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,341 Member
    Options
    Worked then the soup kitchen. Afterwards stopped to see Lynette since I had coupons for her that would have expired while we were away. Then returned the banks to Koh’s and repurchased them. After my coupon and Kohl’s cash, the $80 bill came down to $40. Then tried the ax throwing with the Newcomers. I just think I don’t have the power needed. Had to take a package to the UPS store, bought gas, then went to WalMart. Then took my walk around the block.

Deb – maybe it is two servings. Honestly, I need the smaller cans while we’re traveling. So I just returned the larger cans and, hopefully, they’ll have the smaller ones down in FL. If not, I’ll just continue to drink water. Your son was so so cute as a baby. Hasn’t changed a bit

Sue WA – welcome home!

It was so beautiful today, didn’t even wear a coat. Now Sunday the forecast is for (get ready) SNOW! Yuk

Tina – so sorry. Hopefully, after you’ve calmed down you can share with us what it is

Vicki – I looked to see if they even had the spicy V-8 in the smaller cans, but they didn’t

Allie – are you SURE you don’t have an enlarged heart? You are so loving and helpful to everyone. Congrats on the great report from the cardiologist

Katie – HUGS

Need to get breakfast ready for tomorrow then watch a bit of TV. Will empty the dishwasher and get to bed.

Prayers for all those needing them

Michele NC