Welcome former SparkPeople Members!

Options

Replies

• doodleb1954
    doodleb1954 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am a former SparkPeople member, but I have been on this site for a while. I have been doing Weight Watchers lately, but it is not working for me now. I need something where I can track my macros a little more closely. SparkPeople is now People One and I have been on there, but do not like it as well as this site. I think this site will help me get where I need to go more than any other site. So, I am ready to go. I just wish I could connect my WW Bluetooth scale to this site. But, I guess you can’t have everything. 😁😁😁 My screen name on SparkPeople was doodleb54. Hope to see some of my friends here.
  • Lightbeamer
    Lightbeamer Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Moonbear7 wrote: »
    I'm late to this thread, but I was a member of Spark People since 2017 and I miss it quite a lot!

As was I. The main thing I used to get from there was ready made menus. Oh well. It'll be cool though.
  • pathofpeace
    pathofpeace Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, Inga from SP here, miss all my old friends, hope to make some new ones. I am still working with the People One website and I have been on MFP since our beloved Spark People ended. Add me if you wish and let me know a little about your journey. HUGS!
    Inga Gabriella
  • JustJ2014
    JustJ2014 Posts: 5,391 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I just sent a request through to join.

I did not get your request. Try this link to join our Spark People Friends group. Click Here

• euglz
    euglz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

Happy Valentines Day! I am new to this app and looking for accountability partners.

• JustJ2014
    Options
    upyifbvsfj22.png

All former Sparkers are more than welcome to join our group.

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

• JulezNiki
    JulezNiki Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am from Spark People as well, so glad to find this site.
  • waistaway80
    waistaway80 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Anxious to learn more and get started with MFP, former Sparkpeople
  • DOWNPORT4
    DOWNPORT4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just joined this site today. I joined Sparkpeople in 2017 and miss my many friends from there. Who knows, maybe some of them might find me here…I would like to think so….
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,751 Member
    Options
    This is to let all former Sparkers know we are here. We ran our 5% Challenge Seasonally on Spark starting in 2010 until they closed. The transition of moving here wasn't easy but after a full 5 seasons, it's like we've always been here on MFP. Whether you are a former challenger or totally new to us, you will find a warm welcome in our Community.

The Official 2023 Spring 5% Challenge is open to join. After joining, remember to choose a team to participate in.

You can find the 2023 Spring Team here

See our FAQ here.

Ceri (Ceriusly1) Captain, IBC Team Koalas
    Overall Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges
    Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges ~ Bloggers!!
    Captain, 2023 Spring 5% Challenge ~ Tenacious GR8TERS
  • doodleb1954
    doodleb1954 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I hope all is well. I am doing okay. Today is supposed to be a nice day. I was going to go to the gym, but I think I will just get outside and take the dog for a walk. It depends on the weather. In Michigan the weather can change from minute to minute. It is supposed to get warmer though. I really need to get around this app to find some blogs on building meals and such. I did see a good recipe for shrimp and mango salsa. I bought some mango and peach salsa at Meijer’s when I went shopping. I just need to get some shrimp. I can get that today when I go to gas up the car. I really want to try that recipe. It looks delish. Got to get going. See you soon!
  • gilzowd
    gilzowd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Very cool! Looking at this on my phone so I've got a small screen to work from. It appears these posts are old, but it's neat to see there is a landing spot for former Sparkers. I miss SP, too. Mostly using the food tracking on MFP currently at the recommendation of my dietitian. Starting to get the hang of it.
  • SilverSparrow04
    SilverSparrow04 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Aww i didn't know this forum existed, I would haved joined as soon as Spark People disappeared. Its been so long i had to look up my username. I was SilverSparrow04 over on Spark People but you can call me Sandra. I follow workout videos on YouTube and swim. I am currently following Caroline Girvan's Fuel workout program and I am training for a 1 mile sea swim in June. I have borderline high cholesterol and am aiming to decrease my body fat percentage to an acceptable amount.
  • shannonmoconnor8634
    Options
    Hey! Excited to continue building mindful, healthful eating habits
  • AmberPhoenixrising
    AmberPhoenixrising Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to be under Phoenix rising and many other names there my mom who is on here I actually introduced to spark people in 2008. However I now have to consider my health because next Tues morning she is going under the knife for back surgery. And on top of that I have one knee bone on bone and I have been sick for months and I need my sugars under control
  • JustJ2014
    Options
    3vmnu0p86q9g.png

All former Sparkers are more than welcome to join our group.

CLICK HERE TO JOIN
  • Summarah1
    Summarah1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! With the help and support of MFP's tools and folks, I'm hoping that I can begin to make my health and fitness a priority again. Looking forward to making friends and getting fit here. ~ Summarah
  • LaetitiaLouise
    LaetitiaLouise Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was on SP a few years ago and when I went back to restart . . . it had GONE!
  • AuntJessica6
    AuntJessica6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to be on SparkPeople myself for years. It was disappointing to see them go. I had a few friends from groups that I used to belong to from 2011 to 2018. If you were one of them please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,751 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hi All, Do you know there are some Spark People articles and videos still available online?

This is in the Pre-Challenge Activities#1 on the 5% Challenge.

quote"In doing some research to write these activities, an older article was found on the internet that discussed Team Challenges and our own 5% Seasonal 5% Challenge was highlighted. Our own @kaliswalker (Lynn), one of the original founders of the 5% Challenge, was interviewed ~ here is the link to the article. It discusses the importance of teams, but our own 5% Challenge was in the spotlight in this article that was written in 2016.

We are so happy MFP gave us a new home! The challenge is still run the same way it is outlined in the article written in 2016, on a smaller scale but we are growing here and we have come to love MFP just as much as we loved Spark People!

Interested in the Summer 5%? Here is the link