LESS Alcohol ~ FEBRUARY 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,624 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @globalhiker and @joans1976 I can see why you are making yourself NOT log everything, it’s honestly very tiresome. I can’t believe you both did it for so long and so consistently ! It must feel weird to stop. But yeah, if it’s not serving you, you’re smart to recognize that. Want to count something? Take up knitting and count stitches!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    @joans1976 hoo boy, that’s tough. The good news is that Cobra exists, even though it’s expensive. Worth it though, as a stop gap measure. Also, I believe that the one year wait for insurance to pay for pre-existing conditions is a thing of the past now. So, at your shiny new job with a normal boss, you should be ok.

Ah, chemical menopause. Hold on to your hat! Yes I’m up for some menopausal commiserating in person!
    Big hug!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @Womona Thank you! We'll see. Im trying to take things on day at a time but then my sneaky anxiety says "wait! You need to worry about this and this and this and..."
    I will likely go back to logging and tracking. Im still about 60 pounds overweight and it was so nice to lose that 45, I felt so much better in the mornings. Im sure stopping drinking helped with that too. I swear the last time I drank which was like Feb 2 or something, I had 2 drinks and I was hung over for 4 days. Old and a lightweight!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    @RockinRobyn672
    That was fun seeing the steps broken down like that! Ball change - such a hip hop move. You will be tearing up the dance floor (even if that is just yhour den) : - )

Logging vs. no logging discussion: It is such a personal choice.
    For me, I lost a bunch of weight, figured that I knew how much I was consuming after a couple of years of logging, so I stopped. I put on 50 pounds over that following year. I haven't quite gotten rid of that 50 (quick to put on but oh so slow to get rid of) so I plan to log the rest of my life. Everything is in MFP, good or bad foods, so I log my day in pretty much no time, often pre-logging sometimes days in advance with meal planning.
    I can totally see how to some it feels burdensome. It is not for everybody.

@MissMay
    That sounds like such a perfect way to see the big game!! Really great that you had a chance to get away and will have warm Florida to return to : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    I am in.

I am Dawn, I live in SE BC Canada
    My ongoing goal remains, 16-20 AF days per month.
    I had 17AF days for January (a long month)

I do this diary style to keep track, and I post the next morning

Monday Feb 13 - AF - I will be working an extra shift for Valentine's Day at the restaurant, may or may not have drinks when I get home.

Rolling total: 8AF days out of 13 days. 50% AF won't cut it to reach my goal in 28 days (reminder to self)