WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2023

Options

Replies

• minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) to those who need them.

Well, I hope you're right, Karen, and I hope he peeks at it more and more often that it comes through more clearly sooner than later. Of course you have faith in him. All mothers have faith in their children.

What a wonderful adventure, Tracey! I've been so hungry for fish and chips, no even moreso. I hope your "feelings" don't come true.

Debbie, I just don't know how you put up with it. I just don't. I have a hard time putting up with my brother and SIL and that's just from a distance. The oldest brother and SIL are wonderful, but the youngest is full of himself and so is his wife. They do as little as possible for our mom and take as much credit as they can.

Michele, my doctor told me that my sinus headaches were actually migraines that were undiagnosed for years. Figures.

18-Share about a recent book you read and what you learned... My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry, taking me forever to read, very... interesting, but jumps everywhere. Written by the same author as A Man Called Ove so I thought I'd love it, but it's a tough read. But truthfully, when I get through, I think I'll like it. Has feelings of "never grow up and never stop believing".
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,609 Member
    Options
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Machka... that is a stunning photo of your rose!

Debbie ... you are right that your MIL would most likely be kicked out of senior living settings if she became mean. There have been clauses in every contract that I've signed for my mom in regards to "community behavior." I wonder, though, if she would show others her poor side. There's lots of complaining/behavior that goes on with family that never goes on with "strangers."

Beth near Buffalo

She can be nice as long as everything is going the way she wants. When someone tells her no,first she says she doesn't understand them then she gets mad and mean. She is only nice when it benefits her.
    That is why she no longer has any friends. The only one that is around, and she isn't around as much, thankfully, is the coworker of her other son. She is just there with her hand out. She would take MIL out shopping but expect MIL to not only pay for their lunch(and the lady eats a LOT and MIL eats very little) but also for her stuff when they are at the store. MIL started it by offering to pay and Sophia jumped on it and still continues to not pay for anything. She expects MIL to either cook a big meal if she comes over or MIL to pay if she picks up food(or, has dh pick up food for them).
    MIL talks *kitten* about her as soon as she leaves and for the next week but won't tell her not to come over.
    For some reason though, if Sophia says something,it has to be true, if dh says the same thing, he is lying to her. Very annoying

Debbie
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!
    I got my taxes done, Yay! For some reason it was extra mysterious this year. For example, TurboTax asked me what was in box 16 and there was no box 16. I did my best so I just have to let it go.

Annie in Delaware
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Good evening ladies!
    I ate 1159, and walked a little extra, for a calorie deficit of 316. Yay! And I did thirty reps of my dumbbells. Yay! So it was a good day for me. Hope you all are doing well.

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Our son came to visit us & we had a good time with him. He has gone home and is now at home with his wife and little boys. ❤️
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Ginny thank you!

May all the taxes go smoothly and all the printers work well!

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Ginny- yes Taliah was born a girl and decided in 7-8th grade that being a boy was better,i dont know if they had a class or an assembly on it but it seems a whole bunch of the girls decided to become boys so,I dont know if its for attention, or what.. but Carmine has been mean and horrible to anyone for the last few years..ans only getting worse..
    Tracy and Kyle want Taliah back and not this mean nasty foul mouthed teeneager that doesn't care about himself or anyone else.
    So here is hoping that they can at least get him on some type of anti depressant or something poor kid..