Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Pip—Thank you. Your help has made it easier for me to tell my story and say goodbye to Schooner. ❤️

Katla

Good to see that you got in again with your preferred name.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,954 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    ****NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE****

A miracle has occurred

Vince actually went for part of my walk around the parking lot. Admitted, he only took 2 laps and I took the other 8. But he went. He mentioned earlier that walking helped his back and that he might go for a walk when I went. I honestly didn’t think he would but I asked him anyway. I almost fell over when he said “yes”

Debbie – BIG hugs for Destiny. To be so young and going thru so much. Makes my problems seem so minor

Michele who needs a shower and then bed or work on the xstitch for Jess

Yeah for Vince walking with you. I know how that feels. Hope he goes with you more often.

Thanks for the hugs for Destiny

Debbie

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Regarding raised garden beds ... we've got a mixture of in-ground beds, raised garden beds, and pots containing various plants.

Behind Rhody, is a raised garden bed that came with the place. We've usually got potatoes or pumpkin or something in there. And you can see a couple pots. The one on the right contains a pear tree when it was young. There are now 2 pear trees and they are in plastic garbage bins because they're bigger.

The raspberries are all in pots.

We've also got three raised beds on the other side of the house where we've got snowpeas, carrots and broad beans.

And 3 up behind the hedge in the photo where cabbages and a few other things grow.

There's another raised bed that came with the place behind the greenhouse and we're trying tomatoes and something else ... squash maybe.

p0fiwmuozcgn.png

scef7ytuydlh.png

Machka in Oz

Machka - I LOVE your garden. Gives me lots of ideas, thank you!

I am intrigued by the raspberries in pots. Are they producing well? Did you use an all purpose potting soil? Are they heavy feeders?

Many years ago we tried dwarf blueberries in pots, they didn't do well - could have been the dirt, uneven watering, the fact that they were on the south side of our yellow house. It was a cooker there, lol.

I have a better place now for potted bushes.

Spring is around the corner. <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Our blueberries in pots are doing great!

Our raspberries have grown like crazy this year (almost as tall as me now) but haven't produced yet. That is likely because my husband was confused by them. He has never worked with raspberries before, didn't water them enough at first, then pruned them way too hard. This summer he left them alone but just watered them more, and it has been a rainy year. So I am hoping for a crop next year.

We decided to grow them in pots when we saw that's how a raspberry farm here grew them.

M in Oz

We will have to run wires to hold them up soon!!

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka like Lanette, I love your multifaceted/multilevel garden.
    Barbara

Thank you both!

It is a challenge to stay on top of things, but I do like it because it reminds me of my grandmother's gardens. :)

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    I am doing this Happiness calendar for March. Feel free to copy or simply use it if you’d like!

March, 2023 Action for happiness.org
    RVRita

1. Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness. I intend to live with more awareness and kindness every day.
    2. Notice three things you find beautiful in the outside world.

Sky, sand and ocean
    15jmjq5nsagk.png

3. Start today by appreciating your body and that you are alive.

Yesterday's 54 km bicycle ride and 5 km walk on the beach ...

4. Notice how you speak to yourself and choose to use kind words.

19nper8umeoo.png

5. Bring to mind people you care about and send love to them.

:heart:

6. Have a ‘no plans’ day and notice how that feels.
    7. Take three calm breaths at regular intervals during your day.
    13. Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture and email of your food.
    14. Take a full breath in and out before you reply to others.
    15. Get outside and notice how the weather feels on your face.
    16. Stay fully present while drinking your cup of tea or coffee.
    17. Listen deeply to someone and really hear what they are saying.
    18. Pause to watch the sky or clouds for a few minutes today.
    19. Find ways to enjoy any chores or tasks that you do.
    20. Stop. Breathe. Notice. Repeat regularly.
    21. Get really absorbed with an interesting or creative activity.
    22. Look around and spot three thing you find unusual or pleasant.
    23. If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down.
    24. Appreciate nature around you wherever you are.
    25. Focus on what makes you and others happy today.
    26. Listen to a piece of music without doing anything else.
    27. Notice something that is going well, even if today feels difficult.
    28. Tune into your feelings, without judging or trying to change them.
    29. Appreciate your hands and all the things they enable you to do.
    30. Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted.
    31. Choose too spend less times looking at screens today.
    32. Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today.
    33. Notice when you are tired and take a break as soon as possible.
    34. Choose a different route today and see what you notice.
    35. Mentally scan your body and notice what you are feeling.
    36. Discover the joy in the simple things of life.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Hot and humid!

Good time for a walk ... including a little jog. First jog I've done since the biopsies.

jq0ixmcfo962.png

Machka in Oz
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Debbie-Continued prayers for Destiny. That poor child and her family are going through so much.

Barbie-"Self pity is like a drug. The more you get the more you need." Your mother was very wise.

Allie-Sorry to hear you have lost yet another friend.

Annie-good job with continued progress.

Michelle-there have been a couple of you with husband miracles lately-maybe it will be contagious!

Machka-thanks for the melatonin information. I actually bought some yesterday to try. Picked up the 5 (lowest store had) and it has b6 in it. Slept great last night-a welcome relief!

Tried a new essential oil for inflammation yesterday for the stupid foot arthritis. Mixed a few drops of frankenscense in with my cerave and it seemed to help. Just a bit of experimenting with non-drug alternatives.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Gee I have the melatonin gummies and went from 5 to 10 mg and still toss and turn..when I see the dr next im going to speak with her I think I might have psoriatic arthritis.. the more I read up on it the more it tends to look that was with constant hip and thigh pain when im trying to sleep amd my left hand the thumb gives me a whole bunch of trouble..
    Doing Laundry for my son today.and he will take out my trash.
  • Machka9
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Gee I have the melatonin gummies and went from 5 to 10 mg and still toss and turn..when I see the dr next im going to speak with her I think I might have psoriatic arthritis.. the more I read up on it the more it tends to look that was with constant hip and thigh pain when im trying to sleep amd my left hand the thumb gives me a whole bunch of trouble..
    Doing Laundry for my son today.and he will take out my trash.

Like the articles I linked to say ... more is not better when it comes to melatonin. 5 - 10 mg is not going to help you sleep more than 1 - 3 mg.

Also, the articles say that melatonin is not a sleeping pill. It may offer some assistance if it is taken in lower doses and if it is taken the right way.

Check out the articles.

M in Oz