WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2023

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Morning ladies
    Here with Miles ,didn't sleep well but went to sleep early.
    Have a couple of Drs appointments coming up..
    Katla- your lucky you can watch critter shows,if you had my Alfie over there he would have you kicked right out of there from barking. I can't watch any of those kind of shows without him flipping out.
    Its going to take me a bit to get back into the groove.
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    PipLooks like it might be allergies for your pup. I am in a dog support group where others have had similar problems The conclusion many found is often gut and diet issues as the root cause.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,267 Member
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,960 Member
    edited March 2023
    Heather what a happy pretty painting! You really are talented!

Ginny an explosion! how terrible! And those cramps! Very scary.

Lisa sorry you had another bad day. Transitions of medicine are often rough, but you have the worst. Hope things will settle soon.

Barbara thinking of you. Feel better soon!

Annie in Delaware
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 929 Member
    Hello ladies!

I ate 1083 calories today Yay! And I did an hour of yoga, ten minutes on the bike, and thirty minutes of aerobic walking Yay! So I have a deficit of 452, Yay! Things are going so well. My mom offered me part of her hamburger three times and I turned it down. Yay!

Lisa oh no! Mice carry a virus, is it Hantavirus?

Annie in Delaware

Great wins! I'm glad you're enjoying the bike. My has resorted to being the drying stand for my laundry. It works well for that.

Tina in CA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,752 Member
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Good evening ladies!

Rebecca "minimalist in training" love that! I'm more on the hoarding side, within my space constraints. I'm really bad with piles of books and papers. My mother has hundreds of books in the basement, but I've got my own collection going.

Tina sounds like a beautiful dive trip! I used to dive near San Diego. I had a lovely group trip to Catalina Island long ago.

Annie in Delaware

I would love to have less, but the mister just keeps accumulating stuff. There is a corner of one (mostly unused) room in the house full of his unfinished projects. On our trip, he bought yet something else that is just going to collect dust. It is irritating.

Catalina is nice, but the water is just so cold in Southern California. It stopped being enjoyable for me.

Why did you stop diving?

The mister is extra cranky today. He is having a procedure done to see if he has any heart issues. I can't remember what the procedure is called, but I suspect it's similar to one Kylia is having??? I'll find out more when he gets back. He finished all the other tests at the end of last year, but it took this long to schedule this final one.

Tina in CA

My DH is the same way. He keeps everything, even little things like bread ties, ‘just in case’. The front of the camper is all his collection of ‘junk’.

RVRita
  • kevrit
    March, 2023 Action for happiness.org

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate meditating.
    Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 8/15-(100%,100%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 20/31 (84%,86%,)
    Arm weights twice a week 3/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder)
    Meditation: daily. 20/31 (82%(started Feb))

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 9/8–(100%,100%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 9484, 9104, 9417 (7,700,100%-9851,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 —(100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 13/158/ —(100%,100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)26/64–(100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2—(100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 10/20-(100%,88%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 10/12 (100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——3/12—(100%.100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71(100%,100%,100)
    Decided that if I do more than stated I will not grade higher than 100% 2/5/23

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met
    April met
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Set an intention to live with awareness and kindness. I intend to live with more awareness and kindness every day.
    2. Notice three things you find beautiful in the outside world. The blue water of Lea Lake, Snow on the mountains at a distance, walking a nature trail. All at Bottomless Lakes State Park.
    3. Start today by appreciating your body and that you are alive. I am healthy and above ground. I can walk,talk,hear, see, taste, and smell (mostly). I appreciate that I alive and have a healthy body.
    4. Notice how you speak to yourself and choose to use kind words. I will try…
    5. Bring to mind people you care about and send love to them. I sent texts to my long distance friends to send them love.
    6. Have a ‘no plans’ day and notice how that feels. Most days are like that for me. So much less stress!
    7. Take three calm breaths at regular intervals during your day. Sounds like a plan.
    8. Eat mindfully. Appreciate the taste, texture and smell of your food. Started at breakfast.
    9. Take a full breath in and out before you reply to others. I will need to keep this in the front of my mind all day.
    10. Get outside and notice how the weather feels on your face. Every day!
    11. Stay fully present while drinking your cup of tea or coffee. In the process of doing that right now!
    12. Listen deeply to someone and really hear what they are saying. I will have to really try to get this done today.
    13. Pause to watch the sky or clouds for a few minutes today. I love doing this!
    14. Find ways to enjoy any chores or tasks that you do. I made a necessary task to go for a liver scan enjoyable by buying lunch for myself for a change.
    15. Stop. Breathe. Notice. Repeat regularly. I really need to do this today! Didn’t remember to do this.
    16. Get really absorbed with an interesting or creative activity. I have stones to paint. Will be distributing along the trails in exchange for free peddle boat and paddle board rentals. Didn’t do this. Too windy out. I colored instead.
    17. Look around and spot three thing you find unusual or pleasant. Will do. 1. Lady wanting us to cut a lock off of her propane tank. 2. The rock formations around the park. 3. The lake surface when wind blows over it.
    18. If you find yourself rushing, make an effort to slow down. I will consciously try to do this. I completed this!
    19. Appreciate nature around you wherever you are. Easy here. I do it every day! Appreciation list in spoiler
    20. The blues,of the lake
    21. BirdsTweeting in the sky and trees
    22. Birds drinking water out of a plastic cover
    23. Kids laughing
    24. Salty look of the sand
    25. The piles of dirt along dug out canal
    26. The blue sky with wispy clouds
    27. The strong cold wind
    28. The boardwalk
    29. The hides to watch birds
    30. The blue ponds made by the canal
    31. The ducks swimming in the ponds
    32. The quack of the ducks
    33. The snow cap mountains in the distance
    34. The white dry spots of salt and Lyme along the trail
    35. The dead branches and bushes along the budding ones
    36. A spot of green here and there
    37. The red of branches preparing for spring
    38. The bubbling water in the canal
    39. The beginning green of the salt Cedars
    40. The baby fish in the puddling waters of canal overflow
    41. The mud sludge gathering under the bridge
    42. The brown prairie grass bending in the wind
    43. The tall swamp grass bowing down
    44. The bubbling water as it splashed out from under the bridge
    45. The white salty mounds along the dirt trail
    46. Holes dug by animals for burrows
    47. Tumbleweeds trapped in the brush
    48. The coo of a dove welcoming me back from the walk
    49. 20.Focus on what makes you and others happy today. Going to try!
    50. 21. Listen to a piece of music without doing anything else. I listened to music while walking, but not just sitting still.
    51. 22. Notice something that is going well, even if today feels difficult. Doing the wash and calling my mother.
    52. 23. Tune into your feelings, without judging or trying to change them. I try all the time since I’ve been meditating. Working well since I started in January.
    53. 24. Appreciate your hands and all the things they enable you to do.
    54. 25. Focus your attention on the good things you take for granted.
    55. 26. Choose to spend less times looking at screens today.
    56. 27. Cultivate a feeling of loving-kindness towards others today.
    57. 28. Notice when you are tired and take a break as soon as possible.
    58. 29. Choose a different route today and see what you notice.
    59. 30. Mentally scan your body and notice what you are feeling.
    60. 31. Discover the joy in the simple things of life.
    Barbie's Happiness Commandments

Be Barbie
    Lighten up
    Do it now
    Dance more
    Choose strategy over willpower
    Cultivate an attitude of gratitude
    Come from a place of love
    Stay in the moment
    Act the way you want to feel
    Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
    Don't expect praise or recognition
    It is what it is
    Don't take things personally
    Treat yourself like a toddler
    What's fun for other people may not be fun for you, and vice versa
    You can choose what you do, but you can't choose what you like
    Be kind, no exceptions
    Ask always, how could my life be better with less?

RVRita
  • kevrit
    Well, I think I found the cause of my neck pains. I am a side sleeper and thought maybe it was my pillows being too soft and flat (really need new ones). I found an old pillow that DH wouldn’t use that is memory foam and raised on the long edges. Tried that last night and slept well with no pain this morning. So…. A pillow specifically for side sleepers is in my future. Research to begin.

I am worried about my 87 year old mom right now. One of her doctors told her she developed a bleeding ulcer in her stomach so she was referred to a Gastroenterologist. They did a CT scan but don’t have results yet. The Gastro doesn’t think that is what it is. I’m thinking it is cancer. Her age and constant anxiety and depression (just like me but untreated) could have caused both. Must wait for result.

Speaking of propane explosions… someone came to my door this week wanting us to cut a lock of her propane tank because she lost the key and needed more propane. I immediately said now and envisioned an explosion or legal charges if we did it. We had no idea if this really was her tank, AND knew it could have caused an explosion. NO WAY was I or my DH going to touch that. I told her to get a ranger to do it. Neve did find out what happened. Just no explosion so that was good.

Someone mentioned protein. I cannot have eggs so I use Bulletproof Collagen Protein Powder every morning so get a good dose of protein first thing. Ends up being between 20 and 40 grams of protein right off. I aim for 90 grams a day, so a great start. The rest is added protein like chicken, beef, pork, salmon, or shrimp. If I need more protein at the end of the day, I have pepperoni and cheese for a snack. Works for me!

Gotta get moving. Laters, ladies!
    RVRita
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    Hugs and prayers continue for Destiny!

Joy Pyrenees are the BEST! My Sara was mixed with Golden Retriever and the absolute sweetest. She was 13/14 yo when we had to put her down about 2 years ago. We got her as a stray around 2 yo. I still kiss her as badly as Katla misses Schooner. We have had many dogs, but after the last two just haven't found the passion to get more. They both had to be fed corn free food.

Back to work!
    ❤️
    Kylia in wet Ohio