April 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,082 Member
    PS: @shanaber - will be watching the London Marathon go by. I live between miles 10 and 11.
    Shame Kipchoge opted for Boston over London this year. London switched back to its pre-Covid timing of April. Which clashes with Boston. Typically, these guys opt for London over Boston. (Mainly probably because London is flat, Boston has hills). Neither did he win Boston, nor is he going to get a chance to break the 2hour record.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,654 Member
    @tarun_yadavA get yourself seen by a physio... I thought I'd ruined my knee after my first half, turned out my muscles were just super tight and knotted from overdoing it. Took a few massages and a few weeks of rest then a gradual return.

@polskagirl01 hugs. I love you.

@shanaber and @Laurz9191 thank you. I'll be fine but I'm not good at waiting and have an overactive brain haha.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,050 Member
    April total: 69.6/115 miles

4/1: 6 miles
    4/3: 4 miles
    4/5: 5.1 miles
    4/6: 3.1 miles
    4/8: 8 miles
    4/9: 4.1 miles
    4/11: 3.1 miles
    4/13: 3.1 miles
    4/14: 10 miles
    4/15: 6 miles
    4/16: 4.1 miles
    4/18: 6 miles
    4/19: 7 miles

Oof, yesterday brought a sharp uptick in temps and humidity with conditions basically like what I typically see mid summer. I ran along my neighborhood trail, whish is mostly shaded and very peaceful. And I forgot my salt chews. I'm not in the habit of taking those but I really need to try to remember. They really seem to help on these super sweaty runs.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,654 Member
    shanaber wrote: »
    PS: @shanaber - will be watching the London Marathon go by. I live between miles 10 and 11.
    Shame Kipchoge opted for Boston over London this year. London switched back to its pre-Covid timing of April. Which clashes with Boston. Typically, these guys opt for London over Boston. (Mainly probably because London is flat, Boston has hills). Neither did he win Boston, nor is he going to get a chance to break the 2hour record.

@tarun_yadavA - I read an article that said he essentially went out too fast on the initial flat part then had quad issues on the hills. He also hadn't run the course previously and even though having driven it he didn't have a real feel for how hilly it was. There were also a few elites who planned to run Boston and go immediately to Londo to run there as well. 😳

I agree that maybe getting checked out by an ortho or physio would be a good idea. Especially if a few days rest doesn't set it straight again. In any event, I hope you will stay with us whether running right now or not.

@shanaber awww thanks. 😊
    Joining a gym tomorrow for 30 days. Hopefully be back running before that. 🤞

@eleanorhawkins @martaindale thanks for the tips.
    Taking Narproxen and Deep Heat gel being applied. Will do some leg stretches. Seeing my sister (the Doc) on the weekend for her to poke around and make some Doomsday diagnosis!

@tarun_yadavA if she tells you running's bad for your knees I'll scream
  • martaindale
    @tarun_yadavA if she tells you running's bad for your knees I'll scream

🤣🤣🤣
  • martaindale
    April total: 73.6/115 miles

4/1: 6 miles
    4/3: 4 miles
    4/5: 5.1 miles
    4/6: 3.1 miles
    4/8: 8 miles
    4/9: 4.1 miles
    4/11: 3.1 miles
    4/13: 3.1 miles
    4/14: 10 miles
    4/15: 6 miles
    4/16: 4.1 miles
    4/18: 6 miles
    4/19: 7 miles
    4/20: 4 miles

Sweaty 4 miles after work. I've been lazy with stretching/rolling and I'm getting stiff. I've already done some work after my run today and I'm going to make sure I stay on top of it so nothing gets out of hand.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,428 Member
    @polskagirl01 sorry things aren't getting much better for you. I hope some beach time will help!
    @eleanorhawkins sorry for your taper and pre-race anxiety. I know it doesn't help to know everyone has it to some extent. But we all know you will show up and crush it.
    @Laurz9191 that is some serious miles on the bike for not having done much lately. I hope you are able to make it to your race! I am sooo impressed you are doing this on top of your running!
    @tarun_yadavA damn man! I hate to hear you are injured. I hope your sister doc gives you good news that it isn't too serious! Rest up.

I couldn't get up early enough today to run so did 6 miles on the treadmill after work.
    exercise.png
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,967 Member
    April Goal: 110 Miles

4/2: 11.03 miles
    4/4: 6.02 miles
    4/5: 5.25 miles
    4/6: 5.51 miles
    4/9: 11.02 miles
    4/11: 5.25 miles
    4/12: 5.26 miles
    4/13: 6.02 miles
    4/16: 11.01 miles
    4/18: 5.5 miles
    4/19: 5.26 miles
    4/20: 5.10 miles

82.23/110 miles completed for April

Thanks @shanaber!

Today's run was a warm and windy 5 miles. I am taking tomorrow as a rest day and my 10K will be on Saturday. So far it looks like the weather should be nice at around 50°F and not too windy.

Good to see you back @polskagirl01 Sorry you still aren't feeling good.

Good luck on your races @eleanorhawkins and @Laurz9191!

Hope you get good news from the doctor @tarun_yadavA

exercise.png
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,701 Member
    April 1 – 3.33 miles
    April 3 – 4.04 miles
    April 4 – 5.50 miles
    April 5 – 5.10 miles
    April 10 – 5.32 miles
    April 12 – 5.01 miles
    April 13 – 5.51 miles
    April 16 – 6.01 miles
    April 18 – 5.01 miles
    April 19 – 3.09 miles
    April 20 – 504 miles
    April 21 – 7.13 miles
    Total 60.09/95.00

I ran 7 solo miles this morning. My morning running group has fallen apart for various reasons. Thankfully, at this time year it’s a bit warmer and getting daylight a little earlier so it’s not as hard to get out by myself and there are always the evenings to run if I don’t get out the door in the mornings. Good to have options.

Somehow I missed a ton of posts yesterday. ☹

Good luck @eleanorhawkins and @Laurz9191 this weekend – enjoy the heck out of your races! You signed up. You paid the money. Now go get ‘em!

@polskagirl01 – Man what a struggle LC is for you and so many others. I think sitting in a chair on the beach (with a good book) is just what you need. I will continue to pray for your recovery. BTW – that cornbread looks so good!

@tarun_yadavA – Hope your sister can help figure out your knee problems and give you some exercises to stretch, strengthen and heal.

Welcome @ltadakimasu7! Feel free to jump in anytime.

@kgirlhart – You’re racing too this weekend? Good luck and can’t wait to read your race report!

@martaindale – I’ve been doing some foam rolling lately but I’ve also gotten lazy about stretching. I love the feel from doing yoga but have a hard time finding the time and discipline to actually start it.

@mari33a – Now that you’ve ordered a new charging cable the old one is bound to turn up!