WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Kylia-You can check some of the radiology places for the open architecture stuff. Dayton imaging on Far Hills looks like they have one. I'm sure there are others in Dayton. Good news from PA!

Heather-hope Johnnie feels better soon. I have had dizziness since Covid and it is disconcerting, Not as bad as his sounds.

Rebecca-Congratulations!

Lisa-intussusception definitely sounds like something to rule out. I will admit-when they said it typically hits children under three-I did smile (no offense intended).

Finished staff meetings and am exhausted. Left work after a meeting that ended at 2:30. Had to deal with a couple of phone calls when I got home but not too bad. Iced feet, then went on a short walk (only mile and a half). Have not heard from pharmacy yet for prescription for feet-hopefully tomorrow.

Heading out to ladies group for a visit.

Tale care all,

Ginny in Ohio

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Oh, Lisa. That is upsetting news. Praying for the best outcome.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Lisa— Good luck with the CT scan. I hope it helps significantly and you feel better soon.

🤞🏻 ❤️ 👍🏻

Katla
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,737 Member
    Options
    Watching Carol Burnett special..gosh turned 90 yrs old..they don't make shows like hers any more. You would cry laughing.And Tim snd Harvey could never keep a straight face..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies!

(((Lisa)))

Today I ate 1203 calories which includes more chocolate than strictly necessary. And I did twenty minutes on the bike, thirty minutes of aerobic walking, and an hour of yoga. Yay! The final deficit was 376 Yay!

I tried skipping the backbends in the yoga and the sciatica was much better. Yay!

My laptop is still squirrelly. I had it working this morning, but there was another Windows update, and now it's even worse. So I will try again tomorrow. Maybe there will be new drivers available.

Annie in Delaware
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    ACTIVE APRIL
    1. Commit to being more active this month starting today. Yes!
    2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors today. Yes!
    3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do. Yes! I can garden, which requires all sorts of body motion, and cycle.
    4. Eat healthy and natural food today and drinks lots of water. Yes! Ate my usual food and drank lots of water up till about 8 pm. We won't talk about what happened after that.
    5. Turn a regular activity into a playful game today. Hmmm ... Walking around the shops? Climbing stairs?
    6. Do a body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels. Achy.
    7. Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening.
    There isn't much light early in the day here. Plus I was sleeping then. Plus it was cloudy, drizzly and rainy all day.
    But I do dim the lights in the evening. It's one of many steps I take to wind down in the evenings to prepare myself for the night.
    8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh
    I rarely laugh. Most things don't strike me funny.
    Lots of things amuse me, but not enough for laughter.
    9. Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise
    I often do, but as today's work involved sitting at 2 computers, I walked on the treadmill during a break instead.
    10. Have a day with less screen time and more movement
    Unfortunately, today was another day sitting at 2 computers.
    But I did go downstairs to row and lift weights.
    Hoping the rain will let up soon!!! It's been 4 days already!
    11. Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge
    One of my more favourite areas!! :)
    We aim to cycle at least one 50 km ride each month and have been doing that for a while. :) At our AGM at the end of March, we got a bag full of these each. :)
    c9d65r471d9g.png
    We will have to see when we can fit our April ride in ... the 5 days off over Easter would have been good but it rained and rained and was cold and windy. Snow at higher elevations.
    Maybe next weekend ... we'll see.
    AND ... one of the bigger running events moved their event to September which is fantastic for me. Originally, it was this month, but I was nowhere near ready to even sign up for the 5K. Now I've got the winter to get in shape. :)
    Also, now that I'm working back in the same building I was in about 16 months ago, with many of the same people, we've started our stair climbing challenge again. We are easing into it this month because of Easter and ANZAC Day but we'll be ready to be much more consistent in May.
    The stair climbing challenge is exciting because when I'm busy climbing 20+ flights of 20 stairs each day I am at work, I lose weight.
    12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside
    Absolutely! I climbed stairs. :)
    13. Make sleep a priority and go to bed in good time
    I do when I have to work the next day ... make sure I get at least 7 hours of sleep.
    But I am not keen on that. I'm a night owl and like to get things done late at night. Having to be in bed by 11:45 pm is a bit uncomfortably early.
    14. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation.
    Gardening ... will gardening do?
    15. Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing)
    I sing every day. My husband is very polite about it. :)
    16. Go exploring around your local area and notice new things
    I've spent 5 years on our island.
    I've done a lot of local exploring!
    I think exploring locally is a great idea and some people don't do enough of it. However, I'm getting more and more restless to go somewhere else as the weeks go by.
    17. Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds
    I usually do this on the weekend when there's daylight.
    However, I occasionally do some weeding in the pitch dark when I walk Rhody right after work.
    18. Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class.
    Hmmmmmmm ... not that keen on online exercise, aside from Zwift.
    However, I have started a stair climbing challenge at work, and we keep track of it on an Excel spreadsheet. :)
    19. Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often.
    Walking in the morning and evening as part of my commute.
    Walking at lunch.
    Climbing stairs.
    Walking back and forth to the kitchen and toilet.
    Walking with Rhody after work.
    20. Focus on eating ‘a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today.
    As always. :)
    21. Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day.
    Does huffing and puffing up and down 20 flights of stairs count?
    22. Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it.
    I always enjoy my music, but I don't necessarily move to it.
    23. Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor.
    Not on the 23rd (Sunday) but today.

24. Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wild-life spotting.

Walking ... and watching the pigeons.

25. Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself.

Tuesday was ANZAC Day ... so I didn't spend as much time in front of my computer. I was out in the garden for quite a while, then we went cycling.

26. Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes

Wednesday, I was back at work. But I did a longish (over an hour) walk to the Botanical Gardens and back to work.

27. Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil (or pan of water.)

Thursday ... today. More climbing stairs.

28. Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat.
    29. Become an activist for a cause you really believe in
    30. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    I am beyond happy with our newly installed kitchen roll out cabinets for our kitchen and spice rack. We started out on our walk at 6:30 so we could get home by 9am. Most places ask for a deposit or 1/2 now and rest when he’s done. He just wanted full payment when he was done and we were happy. He was Kind, efficient, punctual and pleasant to deal with. Before and after pics.
    o79grxya2wjq.jpeg
    2tdags8ezqg8.jpeg
    pfy62u3yx44s.jpeg
    xwysxd24akk4.jpeg
    q5nujjucf2mb.jpeg
    de7zlmc845f0.jpeg
    i1maelpjtg36.jpeg
    rresqyx9pflt.jpeg

Very nice!!

I miss having upper cupboards.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Interesting questions arising around these parts.

Cremation vs. burying - One of my mother's fears was being buried and still be intact for ages, so she requested that she not be embalmed. She wanted to go back to the earth. Texas law gave us 24 hours to get her in the ground. I, on the other hand, wish to be cremated. The family joke is that I want my ashes put in an urn on the mantel, and stick wiggly eyes on the outside, so I can check out Corey's new girlfriends. In all honesty, I simply don't care, I just don't want to be buried and have people visit me in that spot. Kylia - I've told my family I will haunt them if they bury me, too! :smiley:

Love y'all,
    Later,
    Lisa

Kylia doesn't want to be in an urn on a shelf ... you don't want to be buried. :)

I'm happy being cremated and buried. I'd like to be scattered in a favourite spot, but I think that's illegal and I wouldn't want to put pressure on my survivors in any way.

M in Oz

Turns out it's legal!

https://parks.canada.ca/pn-np/ab/jasper/securite-safety/regles-rules/cendres-ashes

But I'd probably have to go scatter myself ... the nursing home won't like do it.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Ginny and Machka I think I will see if I can work from home one day a week after we get through Spring. It would be a good mental health day. Fingers crossed. I like that idea.

Nothing else exciting on this side.
    High fives!
    Hugs!

Lots of ❤️
    Kylia in Ohio

Great idea!!