Options
    :)Katla so glad your DH is walking on his own
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,594 Member
    Options
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,759 Member
    Options
    Katla ... great news that your husband is improving!

Tracey... hugs ...

Ginny ... glad to hear that your medical concerns are under control!

Barbara ... a call to the doctor for his/her recommendation might be in order?

Besides a trip to Walmart to make a return, should be a slow day. Rain expected for the next few days so outdoor projects on hold. Will use the time to do some spring cleaning.

Beth
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,071 Member
    Options
    Tina hope your sore feet feel better.

Annie in Delaware
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am delighted with DH’s improvement. Thank you for your support & encouragement. 💖

Katla in Illinois
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) to those who need them.

28. Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat... no outside, but meeting friends for our quarterly retreat and walking and shopping and crafting!
    Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,273 Member
    Options
    Katla - That is great news! :D<3

Went into Hove to the Sardinian shop and bought the guanciale etc. Also bought hand milled spaghetti and coppa for Edie. Her favourite food. The lady there guessed I was making carbonara, and said she makes it every January 1st to celebrate their moving in together anniversary!

Got my watch battery changed, and a new soda cylinder. Then popped into the big supermarket for a couple of items, including porcine and truffle mezzaluna. Triple yum!

So, a very good trip. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,506 Member
    Options
    Ginny you model effective, fair management style. Wish Tracey could work for you,
    Machka thanks! I’ll pick up some chewable vit c, a bag of salted almonds and some cream (this will likely work as I’m slightly lactase deficient).
    Heather will Johnny listen to Dr. Heather, or must he hear it from a white coat?
    Kylia if DH and SIL can’t/won’t develop exit strategy, what can you do? Not much but perhaps develop an exit strategy for yourself?
    Kelly strong dream, no wonder you’re feeling off. “big girl underoos” are they WonderWoman? Want to hear more about superhero day.
    Katla up and walking? Miraculous! Thanks for the good news.
    Betsy sorry to hear you’re miserable doing all that to reduce pressure. May 31 is a long time to wait. Has the eye Dr. discussed next steps?
    Beth, now why didn’t I think of that? SMH :sick: :laugh:
    Tina fingers X’d for new help for sore feet.
    Carla ((hugs)) right back atcha.

Procrastinated enough won’t have time for PT before shower before leaving for dogs’ nail trims. Oops!

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,891 Member
    Options
    April 2023 Action for Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate my morning coffee.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 11/15(100%,100%,80%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 25/30 (84%,86%,94%)
    6 min HIIT -2x a day start April 1 27/60
    Arm weights twice a week 5/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%)
    Meditation: daily. 27/30 (82%(started Feb)94%)
    PT— head. 5/17. Started 4/13/23
    Hands 18/17

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 9/8–(100%,100%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 9867, 9491,10170, 8706, (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 6/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 35/208/ —(100%,100%,100%)should be 68 by May 1.
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)35/94 (100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4 (100%,100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 27/20-(100%,88%,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 17/12 (100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——4/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings (100%)
    Decided that if I do more than stated I will not grade higher than 100% 2/5/23

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

ACTIVE APRIL
    Commit to being more active this month starting today. I commit to this by adding the exercises from the 6 minute book for over 60’s.
    2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors today. Easy! LOL
    3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do. I do this during walking meditations every day.
    4. Eat healthy and natural food today and drinks lots of water. Yogurt and raspberries for breakfast with 17 oz water bottle and coffee, more to come.
    5. Turn a regular activity into a playful game today. Not sure. Joked with hairdresser while getting hair cut. Everyone was laughing and joining in.
    6. Do a body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels. I do this often in my meditations.
    7. Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening. Morning done. Will do in evening.
    8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh. I will as soon as I can! Did this with friends.
    9. Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise. Hmmmm tbd
    10. Have a day with less screen time and more movement. I’ll try.
    11. Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge. Already have goals: Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week, Walk 7,000 every day, 6 min HIIT -2x a day, Arm weights twice a week
    12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside. I will do. Vet this morning then normal day, so will be able to do this.
    13. Make sleep a priority and go to bed in good time. Easy Peasy!
    14. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation. I will meditate and try to find time for yoga too. I did all I wanted to do.
    15. Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing). I can’t sing but will sing along with music anyway. Sang “When the ants go marching in” during my walk.
    16. Go exploring around your local area and notice new things. OOOH, this sounds like fun.
    17. Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds. I will tend my container garden. I have watered it but need to remove dead leaves from tomato plants.
    18. Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class. Not sure if I will have time today. Did not have time today.
    19. Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often. After the last 2 days, this is a welcome change!
    20. Focus on eating ‘a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today. I did that on Tuesday but will try again today.
    21. Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day. Ahhhhh. But forgot to do it.
    22. Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it. Going to try to remember to do this. Forgot.
    23. Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor. I do this every day in my hosting.
    24. Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wild-life spotting. Will do! I love doing this.
    25. Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself. Did this![
    26. Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes. Already did this today, first thing in the morning.
    27. Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil (or pan of water.) HMMM. Will have to think about when to do this.
    28. Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat. Not sure about the walk, way too windy, but I will chat outside with a friend.
    29. Become an activist for a cause you really believe in
    30. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today

RVRita
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Tracey--Sending prayers and HUGS!!
    Kelly--I can so relate to your dream. HUGS!
    Katla--Great news about DH!!
    So glad it is Friday. Have the weekend off and have birthday party for our oldest granddaughter, then after church on Sunday a gradution party.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Annie ~ Hope the tech helped you with computer issues.

Katla ~ So happy to her that your husband is making progress.

Karen ~ Wow! You have so many activities going and I hope you continue to enjoy all of them.

Tracey ~ Hugs for You.

Carol in GA

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    27. Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil (or pan of water.) – practice “Homesick”

TMI whine
    Really weary of being “stove up”. Tuesday the 18th was the most recent healthy relief, since then it’s been digging out dribs and drabs. H20, fiber, prunes, ginger, exercise, twisting, massage struggle to make it bearable. Could hemorrhoid pain be halting the process? Gonna try a little lidocaine.
    Sorry about that. Time to snooze.
    04/27: Move: 2 sets PT w/x&a, dogs to powerline, ½ hr picking up sticks, Jeopardy walking. steps:7710.
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far 23+9+3+1+9+1 avocado, beans-kidney, beets, blueberries, broccoli, cantaloupe, carrots, celery, cucumber, ginger-beer/candied/snap, granola, honeydew, hummus, juices-beet/carrot/celery/lettuce/parsley/spinach/tomato/watercress, juice/pineapple, mushrooms, olives-almond, onion, orange, peanut brittle, pecans, pepperoncini, pineapple, popcorn, potato chips, prune, radish, romaine, snap peas, sweet peppers-orange/red/yellow, tea, tomato sauce, turmeric, walnuts, watermelon, wheat-fettuccine/pizza. CI=1292
    Live: Joe, readings, BP,. Wt: 134.3

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. April: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

Try Milk of Magnesia- that worked for dh after his surgery-nothing else did because he waited too long. Warm prune juice helps with the kids.

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Katla great news!
    💖
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Katla,

How encouraging! No wonder you are elated!

Karen in Virginia
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Karen-I think I am actually mentally getting there. I won't be leaving because I hate it, but I just want to enjoy my me time. I also want to make initial move while I am able to do things myself-this is a choice. I understand what you mean about the waiting lists and the end of life place. At this stage I am not certain what part of the country that will be. If I get to needing more than assisted living I think I will want to be physically located close to one of my sons and their family so that is to be determined. But-I am making sure my children know all of my wishes (you never know!). I found another place I want to check out and then I believe I will have it narrowed down to 3.

Heather-yes, I agree, I need no more plans than most of us should have already!

Annie-I think most any cancer has the potential to spread. I'm fortunate that most thyroid cancers are slow movers. I have always found it misleading for doctors to proclaim a person cured when they don't know where cells may be hiding. My doctors have always referred to detectable or non-detectable. have been detectable for a while based on blood work and we are just now getting to point of being able to get an idea of location. Since it has taken 27 years to get to this point, it could take quite a while for it to move beyond a nuisance.

Katla-wonderful news regarding your husband walking! It does seem like your family got him in the right place!

Tinaplease share the sore feet solution (especially if it works!)

Barbara-I try to be balanced and fair but when you are being honest I'm sure it doesn't feel that way. I have discovered that not being honest does not help anyone long term. Given the vegetables you eat, I have no ideas for your issue. Agree with Milk of magnesia suggestion.

Now that I am back from care appt. and grocery, going to deep clean a couple of spots.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »

Tinaplease share the sore feet solution (especially if it works!)

Ginny in Ohio

The short answer: corticosteroids. The long answer in a spoiler:
    I was diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis by multiple doctors. They all said to rest, ice. So, I didn't run on it for a year thinking that the pressure was irritating it...and it likely does. Well, I went to a recommended podiatrist (took me forever to get an appointment) and he said that advice is unrealistic. To cure this under that advice, I'd have to float for 6 weeks; meaning completely stay off my feet. So, he said steroids are the treatment. I could have gotten injections (it's in both feet), but there is also an oral option. I chose the oral option because it might also help with some other inflammation I'm having, where the injection would be localized, though likely would work faster. I'm on day 2 of 6 of the oral option. I need to be better about paying attention to the pain factor when I get out of bed in the morning since that's when it's at its most intense state. Since I've been dealing with this for a year, I've basically just gotten used to it.

I was also told to run, walk, and exercise as normal because merely resting it won't help.

Tina in CA