WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2023

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Hello @LC4608
    Welcome! We are a friendly chatty bunch. Feel free to respond to whatever you choose. We avoid religion and politics. We have women in all stages of weight loss, with many different challenges.

On the first day of each month, Barbie starts a new thread for us, so watch for that. And if you sign your posts with a name and a general location, it helps us remember everyone.

So welcome again, and we look forward to chatting with you!

Annie in Delaware
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    April 2023 Action for Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate hearing kids having a good time laughing.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 11/15(100%,100%,80%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 26/30 (84%,86%,94%)
    6 min HIIT -2x a day start April 1 28/60
    Arm weights twice a week 5/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%)
    Meditation: daily. 28/30 (82%(started Feb)94%)
    PT— head. 5/17. Started 4/13/23
    Hands 19/17

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 9/8–(100%,100%,0%)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 9867, 9491,10170, 8706, (7,700,100%-9851,100%—9526,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 6/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 35/208/ —(100%,100%,100%)should be 68 by May 1.
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)35/94 (100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4 (100%,100%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 27/20-(100%,88%,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 17/12 (100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR——4/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25(100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings (100%)
    Decided that if I do more than stated I will not grade higher than 100% 2/5/23

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met
    May met
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

ACTIVE APRIL
    Commit to being more active this month starting today. I commit to this by adding the exercises from the 6 minute book for over 60’s.
    2. Spend as much time as possible outdoors today. Easy! LOL
    3. Listen to your body and be grateful for what it can do. I do this during walking meditations every day.
    4. Eat healthy and natural food today and drinks lots of water. Yogurt and raspberries for breakfast with 17 oz water bottle and coffee, more to come.
    5. Turn a regular activity into a playful game today. Not sure. Joked with hairdresser while getting hair cut. Everyone was laughing and joining in.
    6. Do a body-scan meditation and really notice how your body feels. I do this often in my meditations.
    7. Get natural light early in the day. Dim the lights in the evening. Morning done. Will do in evening.
    8. give your body a boost by laughing or making someone laugh. I will as soon as I can! Did this with friends.
    9. Turn your housework or chores into a fun form of exercise. Hmmmm tbd
    10. Have a day with less screen time and more movement. I’ll try.
    11. Set yourself an exercise goal or sign up to an activity challenge. Already have goals: Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week, Walk 7,000 every day, 6 min HIIT -2x a day, Arm weights twice a week
    12. Move as much as possible, even if you’re stuck inside. I will do. Vet this morning then normal day, so will be able to do this.
    13. Make sleep a priority and go to bed in good time. Easy Peasy!
    14. Relax your body & mind with yoga, tai chi or meditation. I will meditate and try to find time for yoga too. I did all I wanted to do.
    15. Get active by singing today (even if you think you can’t sing). I can’t sing but will sing along with music anyway. Sang “When the ants go marching in” during my walk.
    16. Go exploring around your local area and notice new things. OOOH, this sounds like fun.
    17. Be active outside. Dig up weeds or plant some seeds. I will tend my container garden. I have watered it but need to remove dead leaves from tomato plants.
    18. Try a new online exercise, activity or dance class. Not sure if I will have time today. Did not have time today.
    19. Spend less time sitting today. Get up and move more often. After the last 2 days, this is a welcome change!
    20. Focus on eating ‘a rainbow of multi-colored vegetables today. I did that on Tuesday but will try again today.
    21. Regularly pause to stretch and breathe during the day. Ahhhhh. But forgot to do it.
    22. Enjoy moving to your favorite music. Really go for it. Going to try to remember to do this. Forgot.
    23. Go out and do an errand for a loved one or neighbor. I do this every day in my hosting.
    24. Get active in nature. Feed the birds or go wild-life spotting. Will do! I love doing this.
    25. Have a ‘no screens’ night and take time to recharge yourself. Did this![
    26. Take an extra break in your day and walk outside for 15 minutes. Already did this today, first thing in the morning.
    27. Find a fun exercise to do while waiting for the kettle to boil (or pan of water.) HMMM. Will have to think about when to do this.
    28. Meet a friend outside for a walk and a chat. Not sure about the walk, way too windy, but I will chat outside with a friend.
    29. Become an activist for a cause you really believe in. I believe in environmental protection, so I recycle, buy natural when I can, walk in nature, and garden as best I can. I also pick up litter every day to keep this state park clean.
    30. Make time to run, swim, dance, cycle or stretch today

RVRita
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Rita that is a huge load to carry! I'm so sorry to hear about Brownie. Hope she is comfortable meanwhile. And hope your son comes through this patch okay. And for you to be in pain while all this happens is just too much. Many long hugs for you!

Annie in Delaware while I work on dying my hair

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    hang in there Rita! I know getting out side and enjoying nature helps you, if it's not too hot, maybe that could help.
    Kim in N. California
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Hard times, Rita. I hear you.
    This too shall pass. Glad you have a counsellor on your side. Yes, getting it out there helps enormously. <3

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Rori ... regardless of what your scale says, you look great in your rowing photo!

Rita ... so much to bear ... hugs...

Question ... is there anyway to permanently get rid of wild onion that is overtaking a stoned area as well as my rose bed? I try to dig them out but seem to be making it worse each year. I think my inexperienced landscapers a few years back ended up seeding my beds and stones when they were supposed to be weeding ... Photos of area. Sorry they're large.
    yb30nfebnqvx.jpegfj23uj21ry5o.jpeg

Beth near Buffalo
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    Rita - Many hugs. I'm glad you're working with a mental-health professional, and hope your son is getting the help he needs before he gets to the meltdown stage. I'm so sorry about Brownie--they bring so much to our lives, these four-footed fur babies, it hardly seems fair that they are with us for such a short time. I know you'll make the most of the time you have her. No apologizing for the "pity party"... you know that most of us bring our pain here. It's that hard-to-find place we had always hoped for without judgment, just support, which you've got here in great measure.

Rebecca - Love your food descriptions, always.

Beth - Wish I had some advice--the wild onions have taken over here, one of the reasons I'm overseeding with red clover, but it's all in grassy areas. The only luck I've had in the gravel areas is weed killer, or just yanking them up by the roots. I'm more and more reluctant to use chemicals on anything.

Had one of those wonderful phone calls with my sister yesterday--ones where you know the conversation could only be had with a sibling, the person who's known you all your life, who you've fought and hugged and stood up for and stabbed with a pencil (she deserved it). We seem to go through phases--couldn't stay in the same room with each other without fighting until we were in our 30s, and now in our 60s, we find that we love each other and the things that drive us crazy about the other one just fall away because they no longer matter. Wonder what will happen in our 90s? :smiley:

Sun's out - time to find my gloves and go make a desultory pass at weeding some of the flower beds. It rained three days straight, so I'm sure they're quite weedy.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,107 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :) Worked on my front yard weed and rock project for an hour in the morning and another hour in the afternoon. Making good progress and enjoying the nice weather. Jake worked on weeds in the back. Bessie took a nap

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Rita-prayers! So much at once.

I've just been slowly sorting some things and organizing. Got a second walk in this afternoon so I have a bit over 3 miles of work out walk and another 1.5 of general wandering around the house so I should have 5 miles total movement for the day.

Going to get dishwasher going since dinner is over.

Enjoy the evening,

Ginny in Ohio
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    a gardener's comment on wild onion, - YUCK. pull pull pull, but you have to get the bulb out and it makes "baby bulbs" so the ideal way is to shovel up the soil, and put it through a 1/8 inch sieve and that should make the biggest dent.

smiles Kim
    PS yes I have done this and it worked. It was a horrendous amount of work, so glad that was a paying job.
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    Pip - Glad you got the chance to say what you needed to say, and with the support of your sister and brother.