JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS - ROUND 222

Options

Replies

• CamandJarvis
    CamandJarvis Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    mkksemail wrote: »
    5/06 - 155.7 - Oh my goodness! Though I can't say I'm too shocked. "Mom Prom" last night was lots and lots of movement. MFP said I had an extra 1,433 calories from exercise I could eat and still hit my deficit goals. Fitbit said I burned over 3,000 calories total through the day. Lots of dancing to old 90's songs and absolutely no sitting. ..

Sounds like Mom Prom was a blast! 😀. GL with Fire Dept classroom training!

Cheers!
    - mk :)

Thank you! It was a blast - so many throwback songs I forgot existed! I didn't stay terribly long (an hour and a half or so) but enough to get sweaty, my heart pumping, and to be sore which is better than I hoped for.

Fire training went super well - enough that I was able to respond to a grass fire that evening. I guess I managed to not only learn, but retain, what was taught that morning. A win in my books and nothing like hands on experience when the adrenaline is pumping to really get things settled in my brain!
  • CamandJarvis
    CamandJarvis Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    fmfdfa2020 wrote: »
    5/05 165.8 I haven't posted since 4/27. I had a medical emergency - ICU/Hosp for 5 days. I can't exert myself, absolutely no exercise including treadmill, rower, weights, etc., for an entire 6 months. So, another adjustment in this unpredicatable life. I came out on the otherside, though, and very grateful! 🙏🙏🙏
    It will take days to catch up with everyone's progress, but look forward to reading thru all.
    05/06 165.8
    @mkksemail @musicsax Thank you for your kind comments! <3
    05/07 165.8
    @gomifune @deepwoodslady @SModa61 Thank you for your thoughtful comments!💚
    Right now, I'm trying to determine how in the world I can keep muscle mass while still losing weight but when I'm not exercising. I have an appt next Monday with the surgeon and will talk more about walking as long as my heart rate stays low. I'm trying to figure out if eating more protein will help, and how much.

I hope you can find a solution that works for you and assists in a quick and healthy recovery. I am glad to see you back, though, and hope that there are no more frightening situations in the future for you or any of us <3
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,293 Member
    Options
    39flavours wrote: »
    musicsax wrote: »
    @musicsax our bodies do stiffen up if we don't keep moving, that's for sure! I lift weights most days, but if I go more than 3 days without lifting then when I do I'm really suffering the next day. Walking 9 miles takes me around 3hrs, it's a big commitment and tricky with our UK weather, although we've had some really nice days recently. Do you get out for one big walk a day or do you break it up into smaller chunks?

Either depending on what other commitments I have & also whether away in our caravan with DH. You're right about the UK weather, there are plenty times when I have to cut a walk short cuz of the rain and I never go out if it is already raining heavy. What I will say though is if wherever I go if it is feasible to walk then I will. To visit MIL, to my seasonal job, nails appt, DS's.
    This weekend we have come away for the weekend; brought our caravan up to Rhos on Sea, so plan on walking to Llandudno & Colwyn Bay before we return home.

This was me yesterday, I used the rain we had here as an excuse to not go out and instead was shamefully lazy all day. I should have just chucked on a waterproof and got on with it.
    Your post has me yearning for Wales! I haven't been for a couple of years and being half Welsh it's not acceptable! I've not really ever explored North Wales, other than a day mountain biking in Bangor and climbing Snowden (not sure if that counts as North, and I should be calling it yr Wddfa now) but looking at Colwyn Bay on Google maps, it looks gorgeous! I must go there soon.
    Hope you're having a lovely time and the weather has been fair for you

Thank you, I think Snowdonia does count as North Wales, and thank you we've had an amazing time. Hope you get back to your roots soon xx
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    @musicsax our bodies do stiffen up if we don't keep moving, that's for sure! I lift weights most days, but if I go more than 3 days without lifting then when I do I'm really suffering the next day. Walking 9 miles takes me around 3hrs, it's a big commitment and tricky with our UK weather, although we've had some really nice days recently. Do you get out for one big walk a day or do you break it up into smaller chunks?

Either depending on what other commitments I have & also whether away in our caravan with DH. You're right about the UK weather, there are plenty times when I have to cut a walk short cuz of the rain and I never go out if it is already raining heavy. What I will say though is if wherever I go if it is feasible to walk then I will. To visit MIL, to my seasonal job, nails appt, DS's.
    This weekend we have come away for the weekend; brought our caravan up to Rhos on Sea, so plan on walking to Llandudno & Colwyn Bay before we return home.

This was me yesterday, I used the rain we had here as an excuse to not go out and instead was shamefully lazy all day. I should have just chucked on a waterproof and got on with it.
    Your post has me yearning for Wales! I haven't been for a couple of years and being half Welsh it's not acceptable! I've not really ever explored North Wales, other than a day mountain biking in Bangor and climbing Snowden (not sure if that counts as North, and I should be calling it yr Wddfa now) but looking at Colwyn Bay on Google maps, it looks gorgeous! I must go there soon.
    Hope you're having a lovely time and the weather has been fair for you

Thank you, I think Snowdonia does count as North Wales, and thank you we've had an amazing time. Hope you get back to your roots soon xx

Wishing you a safe journey home!