May 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• spl8
    spl8 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

Slowly and steadily getting back into running (more wunning, really). The weather has been so beautiful.

I'm going to buy new shoes this week as a motivator.

An aside: Any CrossFit people (or former CrossFit people) in this group? If so, what are pros and cons? Is it a good adjunct to running? I'm looking for motivation for my RT, and a couple of people have recommended it.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »

Today was one of those days actually. After a weekend of too much bbqing and too little sleep/running, I felt pretty lethargic but I know it is important for my marathon training and for my own mental health to get longer runs in when work/life allows, and I managed 14.4km that weren’t of the sort @Teresa502 mentioned - I definitely did not feel like I could run forever! But I got it done, and the weather was perfect. I did spend a considerable amount of effort dodging slugs and some dead mice (gross). I guess I could look up more while running and not focus so much on the ground, but the thought of running right over the slugs and whatever else is laying around on the path always grosses me out.

This is so freaky. I saw a dead mouse during my run yesterday also. I don't recall ever seeing one before. What is up with that?
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Laurz9191 wrote: »

Today was one of those days actually. After a weekend of too much bbqing and too little sleep/running, I felt pretty lethargic but I know it is important for my marathon training and for my own mental health to get longer runs in when work/life allows, and I managed 14.4km that weren’t of the sort @Teresa502 mentioned - I definitely did not feel like I could run forever! But I got it done, and the weather was perfect. I did spend a considerable amount of effort dodging slugs and some dead mice (gross). I guess I could look up more while running and not focus so much on the ground, but the thought of running right over the slugs and whatever else is laying around on the path always grosses me out.

This is so freaky. I saw a dead mouse during my run yesterday also. I don't recall ever seeing one before. What is up with that?

That is really weird. I saw a dead mouse one day last week too and I've never seen a dead mouse on a run before.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    You're doing great @yirara .

Great running @kgirlhart . Glad you had a great Mother's Day. I do the same things when it comes to buying new shoes.

Great running @martaindale . I'm glad you didn't have any flooding and fingers crossed that next year school will be better for everyone.

Great running @Teresa502 ! I love the cow pictures and your comments about them. I'm glad the owner was able to get the calf back in the field. I'm glad you felt like you could go forever. I'm sure part of that feeling is psychological...most anything involving running is. :wink:

@spl8 Slow and steady is the way to go!

A 10K in high humidity is tough @Scott6255 ! Glad today's last mile was good. Too bad it took 7 miles to warm up. :wink:

You're doing great @Laurz9191 . I wouldn't want to step on slugs or dead mice either!

Great goal @chris_in_cal ! Look forward to hearing how you do with the plan.

It is kinda freaky about all the dead mice you guys are seeing.

@TheMrWobbly Glad you are ending your day with a smile. If week 5 seems too hard for you, repeat week 4 and then go on. Unless you have a race planned on the day you finish, that isn't going to hurt a thing and may prevent an injury.

I'm glad you love your car @katharmonic ! It's funny what our dogs will do when we decide to be firm with them. BTW, it's the same with daycare kids. :lol: Sounds like your recovery is going great! Makes me happy.