• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Scott6255 !

@Laurz9191 awww thank you 😊
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    @martaindale Great running and thanks for the tip on cleaning the hydration pack. Sounds like the household repairs are going to get done in a timely manner. So glad that they were able to give you AC over the weekend. Enjoy your time away this upcoming weekend!

Great running @kgirlhart . Sorry that they moved Sunny. I miss hearing about him and am sure you miss seeing him. He probably misses you too.

Great running @Scott6255 . Yeah, bending over to pick up things a lot is a back killer for me too. Great run this morning and excellent total for the month so far!

@tarun_yadavA Glad your come back to running is going well.

You are doing great @Laurz9191 .
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    I am trying to practice/find a mantra to actively use while running. Do any of you use this technique to block negative thoughts from creeping into the run and to stay in the moment?

I'm intrigued, please say more. Practically how does someone start this?

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,058 Member
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    Also, I am trying to practice/find a mantra to actively use while running. Do any of you use this technique to block negative thoughts from creeping into the run and to stay in the moment?

Idk if it counts as mantra but I have a little series of check-ins I do when I feel myself getting tired. Head up, shoulders relaxed, chest up, core engaged, quick feet. I will focus on each one for a few seconds before moving on. Fixing my form makes running feel easier. Then it's easier to talk myself into feeling better.
    Also, during speed work like intervals I count steps in rounds of 10 and focus on quickly picking my foot up with each step.
    Mostly my mind just wanders or I'm singing bits of songs to myself or I'm hashing out some issue. That passes a lot of time and I don't really notice I'm running, esp in the neighborhood. On trails I really try to notice things. Birds, plants, pretty flowers, light beams through the trees.
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    @Teresa502 thank you! 😊
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Teresa502 I don't blame you for walking today. That was a lot of hiking over the weekend. Beautiful pictures. Glad everyone is okay from the bear. I'm not sure I would have the guts to keep going like that lady did.

@eleanorhawkins Hugs regarding your life issues. Seema like everything hits at once sometimes. Love your race report. You did great and so glad you all had a great time!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Thanks @kgirlhart . Wayto hang in there and get in 5 miles.

Thanks @eleanorhawkins ! Glad you got to meet the loud donkey. It's funny that "he isn't pregnant." The owner must get that question a lot.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    May 1 – 5.05 miles
    May 2 – 1.01 miles
    May 3 – 5.12 miles
    May 4 – 4.49 miles
    May 6 – 8.15 miles
    May 8 – 5.27 miles
    May 10 – 4.35 miles
    May 11 – 5.04 miles
    May 13 – 7.25 miles
    May 15 – 5.66 miles
    May 17 – 5.66 miles
    May 18 – 5.00 miles
    May 22 – 4.01 miles
    May 23 – 1.62 miles
    67.68/75 miles

Just a short 1.62 miles before circuit training class this morning.

@eleanorhawkins – Congratulations on your race and beating the cutoff in those wet, muddy conditions. I’m glad that you were able to get away for some fun with your friends. Sounds like it was just what you needed. That donkey sounds like quite the character!
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    @kgirlhart - thank you!;😊
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 that hike sounds lovely 😍

@eleanorhawkins great race report! And the donkey sounds like a real character.

@quilteryoyo sorry to hear you got hit by a bus 😆. Hope your foot is OK.

I did a tiny amount of yard work as my activity for the day. The weather has been nice.