Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    <3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Flea - thanks for the math corrections!

Your math wasn't wrong if she worked just 8 to 12 hours a month. But I think she works 8 to noon, five days a week. I was in my car and wrote tersely.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    edited May 2023
    I’m living in a nightmare! I was able to get pictures of the posts of my harasser. I thought that finally I would be able to get his post flagged and removed…
    xduiopigrf5o.png
    ohe2brof9m0y.png
    So, I reported him to the group’s admin. Not just one group but two! Guess what they did…they blocked me! Both groups! He should have been blocked or at least had to remove the posts.
    So, I reported the posts to FB guess what they did… they closed the case and did nothing.
    Now I can’t list my house on the sites that I usually do! If anyone would be able to get me the names of the admin and moderators on the Walker MN Buy and Sell group I might be able to message them or report them to FB. I already have the names of the other groups admin. I just can’t find out how to report them. They blocked me and I can’t do what FB says to do.

Sue I feel for you! Traveling nurses are supposed to be good money. My DIL was trying to rent her house in Texas to them but they wanted her to do some upgrades and she didn’t want to.

💕Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Pip,

Happy Birthday! Wonderful photos of your celebration.
    And I love the look of the wall! Well done! You have a talent.

p.s. your kids did good with the birthday gift.

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,814 Member
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I’m living in a nightmare! I was able to get pictures of the posts of my harasser. I thought that finally I would be able to get his post flagged and removed…
    xduiopigrf5o.png
    ohe2brof9m0y.png
    So, I reported him to the group’s admin. Not just one group but two! Guess what they did…they blocked me! Both groups! He should have been blocked or at least had to remove the posts.
    So, I reported the posts to FB guess what they did… they closed the case and did nothing.
    Now I can’t list my house on the sites that I usually do! If anyone would be able to get me the names of the admin and moderators on the Walker MN Buy and Sell group I might be able to message them or report them to FB. I already have the names of the other groups admin. I just can’t find out how to report them. They blocked me and I can’t do what FB says to do.

Sue I feel for you! Traveling nurses are supposed to be good money. My DIL was trying to rent her house in Texas to them but they wanted her to do some upgrades and she didn’t want to.

I think I would have waited until she left before I advertised the place again.

After all, you have to show it and I think she's within her rights to refuse you and anyone else entry. You'll have to check that.

Is what he says true?

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    ☘️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 wrote: »
    xduiopigrf5o.png
    ohe2brof9m0y.png

After all, you have to show it and I think she's within her rights to refuse you and anyone else entry. You'll have to check that.

Is what he says true?

M in Oz

If it isn't true, you might have a case for libel. Have a chat with a lawyer.

M in Oz
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Pip your wall is lovely. Happy belated birthday, looks like a fun celebration.

Lisa I have only an acre to mow... five makes you a Wonder Woman... :)

Betsy in NW WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Morning ladies
    Sheesh this morning was nuts
    Today is field day at Carmines school so she ranted and raved and wanted to stay home,she hides in the bathroom at school or goes to the nurses office to get out of classes.
    And both Rich and I live in senior housing where it wouldn't be allowed for her to live,her other grandma she could live with but she is a off the wall crazy...
    So I don't know how its all going to work out ..
    They are at there wits end..and the fighting and yelling isn't good for Miles at all.
  • Machka9
    Allie - What a mess. I hope Tracy and Kyle get things together soon. It’s hard on everyone involved.
    Would Carmine stay with her grandfather for a while?
    I ran away from home when I was 15 because Dad and I weren’t getting along. My friends Mom told me I could stay there on the condition that I went to school and told my parents where I was.
    The day after my grandparents came and took me out of school, took me for lunch and told me that I could live with them. So I did for about a year. Funny thing is, my parents lived in the same driveway not even 100 yards away. I still saw my parents several times a day. It was enough of a break to repair our relationship though.
    Sometimes all kids need is someone in their corner and my Grandparents always were.
    They are who I try to be as a grandparent.

I agree with Kim, it will cost them more for her to work. I took in friends children when my girls were young for the same reason. I didn’t charge them what daycare would charge, I made a bit and they didn’t have to struggle.
    Did they not think about childcare when they were deciding to have a baby?

One would have thought. And from what I've heard, in many places, you've got to start looking into childcare while you're still pregnant. The situation is probably different in different areas.

But since she chose to have this baby, and paid a large sum of money, you would assume that they would have discussed all the upcoming expenses and consequences.

(But then, I tend to be an over-thinking. I can't spend over about $500 without weighing everything up).

DH starts his summer rotation tomorrow so I have the next 4 days to myself.

Tracey in Edmonton

Nice!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,042 Member
    Mary you haven't given her that $500 yet. Can you use that carrot as a why for that post to be taken down and a retraction published. I have friends who rent homes and are always careful what they say in a review. If they give a bad review it makes it hard to rent another home. You could also publish your side of the story once they are gone. I agree best to get them out as soon as possible if they are pulling this kind of stunt.
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    r0p7s0q1i5j6.png
  • fanncy0626
    Machka9 wrote: »
    xduiopigrf5o.png
    ohe2brof9m0y.png

Is what he says true?

M in Oz

It is absolutely not true. If I was to publish the whole thread, it would be a great embarrassment to her. I do have a case against him for slander, defamation of character, and his post could be harming us financially. Within our lease agreement. We are allowed to enter her residence. With a 24 hour notice we have the right to show the apartment when putting it up for rent. So if I had 30 people that wanted to look at it, I could enter 30 times if I knew 24 hours in advance what time we would be there within a window of time. However, I would hold two open houses. That would fit her schedule. That way she doesn’t have to be disturbed more than twice. Although I could do the 30 if I wanted to be like them.

• fanncy0626
    edited May 2023
    Mary you haven't given her that $500 yet. Can you use that carrot as a why for that post to be taken down and a retraction published. I have friends who rent homes and are always careful what they say in a review. If they give a bad review it makes it hard to rent another home. You could also publish your side of the story once they are gone. I agree best to get them out as soon as possible if they are pulling this kind of stunt.

I won’t go back on my word with the $500. Even though I probably could do some thing through the courts I would have to go after him not her. I don’t have any proof that she told him lies but I have proof that he is spreading lies.

• myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited May 2023
    Mary from Minnesota/AZ,

So sorry for your situation. (((HUGS))). Vandalism is hideous & Facebook needs to address the problem.

Katla
  • Machka9
    edited May 2023
    I decided to address him through a FB message. He doesn’t have to open it.

My husband and I would like to sit down with you and you sister and show you the text thread from September when we hired her as our caretaker and tenant. After reading the whole thread you will know the truth. We would be happy to meet with you any time.

Also, one of the admin from one of the other groups sent me a message saying that she agreed what he said was slanderous. I asked her if she could have him take that down. She said no. I said, why can’t Facebook take it down where it is against there Standards? Still waiting on a response to that. At least one person at Facebook is trying to do the right thing. I hope!

Now we are afraid that they may commit vandalism to our property.

Sorry for so much drama!

Libel is a defamatory statement made in writing (and thus "permanent"), while slander is a defamatory statement that is spoken (not permanent).

If you think you are in danger of vandalism, have a chat with your local police to see if they have any advice.

Also, talk to a lawyer before you meet with the people with whom you have an issue.

And, if you think it will go the legal route, be careful what you say here.

M in Oz