WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Well Im guessing this daycare lady is blowing off Tracy ,as she said she would call her numerous times and has not..
    So the search goes on.

If the lady is like that now, I don't think that is a good place for Miles to be. She will find the perfect one. Just needs to try a few more times and find it
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Good morning ladies, happy Saturday!

[

My ACV is by my vitamins and coffee maker.🙃👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I just pulled mine out- have been terrible about taking my vitamins- haven't taken them in months-Just pulled the vitamins and ACV gummies out and have them on the cutting board.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,302 Member
    Debbie ~ I am so glad your son got turned around! Yes, many of us have gone through heck raising our children and it is so nice when they finally get through the rebellious years. I think Carmine will be turning out to be a blessing to her family in the long run.

Kelly ~ So sorry to hear about your sister's health problems and glad that your husband gave you the hug and understanding that he did.

Lanette ~ Your house and yard are pretty. You are doing a great job taking care of things. You have gone through a lot this past year and you deserve to treat yourself well.

We are taking our son's family for Mexican tonight and it will be our Memorial Day treat!

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    edited May 2023
    n7bdy1o3lbkz.jpg
    Afternoon ladies
    Carmine is spending the weekend with her boyfriends family at there campground a few towns away I think that will be great for all involved..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Just been busy. Started stringing the popcorn for the Xmas trees. This is the first year that we saved the popcorn from last year. I need to restring it so I’ve started on that.

Went to the picnic at the home of this guy who Vince knew from a train group. He joined that club. The wives were there and everyone was quite nice. Did have some of the desserts. Tried to eat healthily

It was one of the ladies at ceramics birthday Tuesday. I brought fresh fruit. Tried ½ of a doughnut, some of this artichoke spinach dip (usually I like it but I wasn’t fond of this one at all) and this ham dip a lady made. Didn’t have much of that.

Got my shot of Prolia. Tonight we’re going to a Crawdads baseball game (minor league) with the Newcomers. Finished the jigsaw puzzle. Did a body pump DVD Tuesday the Weight Watchers Get Moving DVD on Wednesday. Volunteered at the soup kitchen today (Frid)

OK, brag here: I’m proud of the fact that on the days I work most of the time I at least take a walk around the block. I’m keeping up with my exercise on the days that I don’t work plus taking a walk. I’m proud of myself for keeping up with this

Debbie – have you ever had red okra? I love it, not as “slimy” as the green

Rebecca – nope, they’ve never been to visit us. We have to stay in a hotel, there isn’t anywhere else for us. It’s interesting how when my kids were little (3 kids) we made a two day trip to FL every year. That meant an overnight bag for each of the kids, different clothing for a week. To our house is a one day trip. Yet, they’ve never been here. Jess’ friend with her three kids have already been here (no hubby)

Flea – I’m so sorry this happened to you (the bleeding). Do you know that if you put hydrogen peroxide on the blood, it will take the stain out? Depending on how much there is, you may have to rub it and do it a few times, but the hydrogen peroxide WILL take it out

Been in contact with Replacements. On the form they said they were paying 1 cent for one of the pieces of crystal and they said that no paperwork was included. So I called to say that it must have gotten lost. Turns out that it’s a different pattern, one which they aren’t buying. Why they sent me the offer to purchase for the wrong thing I don’t understand. So I have to go there to pick that and a few other things up. At the same time I have some more jewelry that I’ll see if they’re interested in.

Mary – what a mess!!!

Lisa – I totally agree with you, Rori is one fantastic person

Heather and Rori – two lovely ladies. Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures

Verizon offered us a free upgrade on our phones. Vince was very suspicious but eventually went for it. Ordered a new case from Amazon and it came the other day. Getting it initialized and all the passwords in it. We’re also going to get new tablets. Larger ones. Vince wants to be able to read the full page of the newspaper and since now they’re only going to deliver on Tues, Thurs, and Sat. he wants a larger one so he can look at it

Rori and Heataher – loved all the pictures. Wish you got to spend more time with Heather, Rori

pip – great wall. Sorry I missed it...happy birthday

Tracey – the airport around here has a museum and out on the tarmac they have some planes from WWII. Anyway, a litter of kittens was born in the cockpit of one of the planes.

Friday they ran out of onions at BK. I’m thinking what happened is that a lot of the onions in one bag came in wet or something. The first 2 or so layers were “mushy”. Wouldn’t surprise me if the person who did prep felt them, figured they were no good, and threw them away. They should not have gone thru ½ a bag of onions in one day. So...the store manager bought a few more bags so they’d have enough for the next few hours. Hopefully, this will convince her that she really needs to order more. Today the lettuce was nasty. No, it was beyond nasty. A few heads I had to throw out they were so bad. What seems to have happened is that for some reason water got into the plastic bag so the lettuce was sitting in the water rotting away. I took the rest and put it in another bag. So I had to work extra late because I had to constantly cut the bad parts out.

Lisa – one thing my grandmother taught me was to put an empty box from soap in the hamper. Helps keep the smell of the dirty clothes away. I’ve always put a bar of soap in my closet to keep things smelling fresh

Made yogurt for in the IP. Tried adding some whey too. Then made fudge for Vince.

Debbie – thanks for telling us Kylia was OK

Allie – I’m so sorry you’re going thru all this. Paying for daycare even if your child isn’t there is practically the norm

Since I don’t work tomorrow (Sun) the plan is to try the KettleWorx Core DVD, then arms and shoulder DVD and the leg and thighs DVD. I think they’re each 20 minutes long

Karen – great picture and you look so wonderful

KJ – ((HUGS)) and more HUGS

Good thoughts to anyone needing them because of sickness or whatever

Jerry was in the hospital this past week. It seems that he didn’t come to the door to be picked up for work Mon so the asst. mgr went there and he still didn’t answer. She called the landlord of the trailer park he lives in & she opened the door. The police found his unresponsive and with barely a pulse. He was in the hosp and then in detox. But to be honest, he’s going to go back to drinking. He came to work Fri but I could tell that he would do a bit of work, then have to rest.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,326 Member
    Regarding the car repair costs Betsy experienced this past week :D

wgo8ov7kcskg.png

Lanette

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,195 Member
    edited May 2023
    KJ - Really sorry about the news from your sister. We so feel all the pain of people close to us. :'(<3 Your husband stepping up was a great opportunity for both of you. Being vulnerable is an important part of intimacy. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,367 Member
    KJ - Sorry about the test results for your sis, and so pleased that your DH stood up to care for you. So much respect for your own strength to get through the phone call before the tears began. Hope the results were transient, as Sophie said, different radiologists definitely read things differently, and well worth more testing. Many good thoughts coming your way, and well done on your husband for clearing the way financially, too.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Pip, What a cutie!

Allie, I am glad the family can have a couple of days of peace.

Kelly, Wonderful the interaction between you and your husband. Just wonderful. Will keep your sister in my heart. Keep us posted.

_______

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 2min 18sec, 77elev, 2.98ap, 80ahr, 94mhr, 6.08mi= 603c
    Strava app = 745c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 50.59min, 118aw, 469elev, 17.7amph, 35gear 1st 5 mi, 30gear next 5 miles, 25gear next 2-1/2miles, 35gear next 2mi, 50gear last 1/2 mile, 102 age, 132mhr, 15.04mi= 290c
    Strava app = 344c
    Zwift stats- 51min, 471elev, 117aw, 52arpm, 15mi= 345c

Total cal 893
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Good morning ladies, happy Saturday!

[

My ACV is by my vitamins and coffee maker.🙃👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I just pulled mine out- have been terrible about taking my vitamins- haven't taken them in months-Just pulled the vitamins and ACV gummies out and have them on the cutting board.

Being that I am "pill queen" for my husband, its easy to get into a habit of taking them as my cup is brewing. I have a pitcher of water that I use for pills, and my coffee maker. I just find it easier to take my pills with room temperature water, easier to guzzle. Having water there to refill my water reservoir is easier too. I take a multi-vitamin, calcium 600 plus vitamin D-3, 500 mg chewable vitamin C, and my blood pressure pill.👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,060 Member
    ☘️