WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

Yes my computer setup went quickly. There was a little snag trying to exit S mode, because it wasn't in S mode. Silly me. Now I have the antivirus transferred to the new machine. And I have Chrome and Zoom installed. Let's hope it all plays nicely together!

Unfortunately I ate extra calories because I was nervous. I know food is not the answer but I followed my parents example and had both cookies and ice cream. I should just leave when they indulge.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Well ,Trudy,Carolyn and I went down to our local boatyard they have a woodfired pizza truck there for the summer and its right on the river with tables and chairs set up.. you can bring your own wine ,beer etc..
    We enjoyed it immensely
    Now back home...it was so nice to get out and we are supposed to have beautiful weather all weekend 😍
    Rori- do glad you had a good time...welcome Home.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Ginny – I think you’re right about those messages. I volunteer with Jerry’s wife at the soup kitchen and I know she wants a divorce. I just might tell him that if he dies like he almost did, he’ll make her a rich widow. Not that he has much assets, but he likes to think he does. I know he cares for his sister (she’s his payee) so I might mention that she’ll get nothing. How true that is, I don’t know. But it sounds good. He can either spend hundreds to go to a lawyer and have a will drawn up giving everything to his sister or divorce his wife which I think is the cheaper way to go. Maybe some good will come out of this. I’m thinking that he just might go for the cheaper way out so his sister will get his money (not that there’s much)

Rori – welcome home! So glad you had such a good time.

Going to see which walking DVD I can do tomorrow since it’s supposed to rain

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Michele I know here in Minnesota when you are married, you can’t make a will without your spouses signature about assets. Your spouse will get everything unless you both agree to have other heirs. That would’ve needed to be done prior to marriage. Even life insurance policies can be contested by a spouse if it was put into effect during the marriage. I know different states have different rules. Even a house if it is in one persons name belongs to the other spouse if they die. So I would say that the sister is out of luck. If they got a divorce here it would be 50/50 unless one makes more money than the other. I know kids that thought they were going to get their dad’s money but the new wife did. Everything even 401k and railroad pension. Pre-nuptial agreements should be done in those cases!

💕Mary from Minnesota/Arizona

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Tracey - Congratulations! So nice to be rewarded like that!
    The only reason I bother with that tub is because it's right next to the window, so it is as if the flowers are inside. We raised it up on an upside down pot so we could see it. :p I love it.
    I think you were mowing and shifting bags the other day. I have decided that any untoward physical activity results in injury! And I'm exercising! Doing anything you don't usually do is a disaster. :p

Are you still following that Instagram guy, and have you gleaned any ideas from him?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options
    Today's exercise ...

Wielding the mattock again! :) I am not a delicate gardener. I like digging.

And cycling inside using my bicycle on a trainer, and a program called Zwift.

ru70iv0kiafq.png

Stats
    Distance: 14.42 km
    Moving and Elapsed Time: 40:14
    Virtual Elevation: 61 m

Speed: Avg: 21.5 km/h | Max: 43.6 km/h
    Heart Rate: Avg: 136 bpm | Max: 156 bpm
    Cadence: Avg: 69 | Max: 107
    Power: Avg: 86 W | Max: 196 W
    Calories: 197

Machka in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather, Hear Hear for kindness and for letting go of what we cannot change. Excellent role model, you are!

Barbara, Bad dreams - so unsettling - sending a hug and a cup of hot tea…

Machka, You go, girl! Wielding your mattock is most impressive and inspiring. I’m in awe!

Karen in Virginia