WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,763 Member
    Options
    Yikes Heather
    Going up to Carolines for dinner tonight,we are an early crew go up at 5,eat around 5:30 or so and then home by 7 lol
    Well lets see Tracy quit school at 16 ,then went on to get her GED ,Both Sean and I did summer school and didn't graduate with our class,but did get our diplomas after completing summer school, Dan and Kyle are the only ones that graduated school with there peers.neither of them went on to huge careers,Dan works in the produce dept at a grocery store in the back where nobody can see him,as he doesn't really clean himself up well..he does wear gloves and all when handling food mind you.
    Kyle is a hard worker and has worked his way up to supervisor of shipping department ..he is a salaried employee .
    I can only hope Carmine comes to her senses she has alot of talent in the arts but she isn't using them right now.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,641 Member
    Options
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,470 Member
    Options
    Ginny - That sounds truly awful. Time to go to urgent care?

• myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Way to go Rebecca! You have always been a beautiful Mother, and Grandmother. ❤️ Athena is a lovely little girl.

Katla

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,641 Member
    Options
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    A couple more from day trip to Fort Augustus, through Cairngorms National Park and Ben Nevis range. Our bus driver was hilarious. Very entertaining and informative. Now I know what's worn under kilts. And we saw Nessie!
    zxgj0b9dh2mx.jpg
    4k9i3b0wbaml.jpeg

I saw the picture and know exactly what you meant; but when I read the kilt sentence and the Nessie sentence together, I got a giggle. You had a verrrry naughty bus driver! lol

Machka- I love your backyard and I love your bees and your bee keeping interest.

• Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Ginny sounds so much like what I came down with on my return from Ireland. The hacking,choking cough was the worst. I was extremely tired and dizzy. Just had to sleep and slowly got over it. Still have a bit of a cough but that could be because of the smokey conditions we are dealing with.

Hope you feel better soon.

Joy
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, lovely pictures. You have a beautiful granddaughter who you are giving wonderful memories to. I applaud your attitude.

Joy
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,763 Member
    Options
    Yes im on the large size too but Miles doesn't care,he loves Grandma anyway..
  • lightstrongma
    lightstrongma Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    @Whidislander Us Grandma’s have to create fun everlasting memories with our grand children every opportunity we are given. Looks like you both had a blast!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

Got to Replacements. At the last minute I decided to take some pearls that I had with me. Well, I’ll be getting $450 for them in addition to the $277 I’ll be getting as long as they buy everything (and I think they will).

Been walking around the block or going down to Food Lion. Volunteered at the soup kitchen yesterday. Church tonight. At the soup kitchen took home these orange cream cookies. Never heard of them but they were good. Had to try it to be sure that it was orange and not macadamia nut.

White shoes: when I was a little girl, I had a new pair of white sneakers. I was at my aunt’s house and they talked about going to the “black dirt”. I figured that was just a figure of speech. Nope! My white sneakers were never white again...lol I have been wearing white pants and just now started with white shorts

Grocery prices: for the first time in a LOOOONNNGGG time, eggs were under $2. We very seldom eat out

We’ll be getting new phones and I found a cover that I like. We’re also getting new tablets. Only the cover I like has 0 reviews. The ones that have a fair amount of reviews are just the boring solid color. What to do????

Made an orzo shrimp salad to take to a cookout tomorrow. Then made banana chocolate chip cookies for Vince

M – I can’t fathom spending $300 a week on food!

The only thing that I don’t like about sauerkraut is that it is so high in sodium. Otherwise, I love it

Vince said he wants to go to the race at Charlotte next weekend so I’m thinking that maybe I’ll go to Jess’. We shall see, it’s just in the thinking stage right now

KJ – how wonderful you cook so healthy for the kiddos

Debbie – I love my freezer. As a matter of fact, I wish I’d gotten a bigger one. Like you, I buy when something’s on sale and then freeze it for use later

Kim – sounds like you have things in place for your mom. If the PT company is concerned about no grab rails and your mom still doesn’t get them and falls, what happens then? So glad there’s a light at the end of the tunnel for you.

Mary – when we were transferred, the mover said to put one of those coffee filters in the refrigerator and it’ll keep the smell away. We honestly just figured “well, it’s worth a try, but I’m not holding my breath”. But it worked! We one time unplugged the refrigerator down at the condo and had a problem with the freeon so we had to purchase a new refrigerator. So...what we do now is keep the refrigerator on the lowest it can be and put a few bottles filled with water in it

katla – good luck at the eye MD’s. With how much you love to read, I sure hope he/she is a great help.

Rori – so glad you’re having such a wonderful trip. Looking forward to hearing more about it

Fortunately, I can’t drive around to different stores since there are only 2 stores that I drive to: Aldi and WalMart. I can walk to Food Lion, but their prices are high so I only get what’s on sale or that I can only get at that store.

Ginny – hope you feel better fast

Rebecca – what wonderful memories you are making with Athena! How often do you get to see her? Congrats to your son. Welcome home. Love your attitude

Need to go take a shower, maybe work on the jigsaw puzzle or watch TV then get to bed.

Michele NC
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies!

Today I ate 1323 calories. There was some "self-care" chocolate in there. But I did my bike and my dumbbells for a deficit of 163. So not a total binge day, just a little indulgent.

Annie in Delaware