WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,539 Member
    Options
    Rebecca your in luck Jenny Craig is out of buisness lol
    Took Alfie for a ride..
    Stopped to see Tom and Elena,he bought her a beautiful ring.. not huge and flashy,but just stunning and Homie of course was happy to see me and Alfie was happy to see Elena he hasn't seen her in quite awhile and so he was jumping up in her lap and then Toms lap and having a grand ol time...
    Got the groceries in and put away but boy im sore..all over..took some tylenol and relaxing now will hop in the shower after Dan stops by.

Yes, I heard it was going downhill! I was spending $400 a month plus buying and cooking regular food for the family. Such pressure to lose weight and on months when I didn't lose weight I felt like such a failure! Never again!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 3hrs 48min 59sec, vacuum, dust, water plants, make hummingbird food, sweep front patio and entryway, laundry fold and put away, trim hedges etc= 1060c
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    I absolutely LOVE the Balance app. It is free for a year for all new users. It helps my mood and calm my nerves. I’ve been using it regularly since January and have learned a lot and it has helped me cope with my anxiety in many situations and issues I’ve been dealing with this year. I recommend the app for anyone who want some peace in their lives. Even if it is only 15 minutes a day, it helps.

RVRita

I hope this post is ok. Mental health is a part of overall health and a big factor on our weight.

There is nothing wrong with posting about mental health. :smile:
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,387 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
  • lightstrongma
    lightstrongma Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    🌷
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    Rebecca – I usually only get to see PJ twice a year (if I’m lucky). Once the first weekend in June for a day when we’re up that way for a friend and again on Labor Day weekend so we get an extra day with them. It usually costs us anywhere from $700-$800 for the four day stay (Fri night, Sat night, Sun night, and Monday night). Same here, PJ gets to swim in the pool

Mary – never heard of the newspaper. Thanks for telling me. Wonder if it’s that the newspaper attracts the moisture?

M – lovely yard. If you get to that conference, do you have someone who can be there for your husband?

Lanette – feel better fast

Went to the cookout for this train club that Vince joined. Boy, do they have a NICE house. Did some of the jigsaw puzzle earlier today, got some pool time then went to the cookout. It wasn’t hotdogs/hamburgers (which I was afraid of), but brats and pulled pork. They had two refrigerators just for the craft beers. It was a nice day.

Got to make the bed, take a shower, then maybe work on the puzzle some.

Did 10 Minute Solution Tone & Reshape with the Figure 8. You can use the handle bands instead of this “figure 8” thing, which is what I did

Michele NC
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    21. Look up at the sky and remember we are a part of something bigger. And give thanks that it’s blue for a change ;}

Heather, aw shucks. Yes they could be fun . . . :devil:
    Terri “… you cannot hurry recovery time.” Truth!
    Rori “…on the train to Inverness” Oh what memories! Your picture of that stream is EXACTLY how I remember scenery from the train. Love you and your friends smiles.
    Lisa generally yes, except perhaps at the duplicate bridge games… ;) Local honey at the farmers’ market, WHEN it’s available, is $32/qt. :sick:
    Margaret :love: the flower. Was asking myself “is that a peony?” Ah peony tulip!
    Carol, lovely family!
    Joy thanks for the pics of the flowering trees… and the cat. Reminds me of my dear departed Petunia. Love your smile too!
    Debbie that is too close to a raccoon for me!!! Okra? Yuck. :sick:
    Rita beautul pics and :love: the pooch.
    Sue sorry your tenant was so inconsiderate. Next one will be better!
    Ginny that sounds miserable. ((hugs)) What Lisa said.
    Rebecca I :love: your take on the situation. Showing up is 95 percent of everything.
    Lanette thanks for the Peace Train video. Brought a lump to my throat. Shame on the Oil change guy, he’s lucky it didn’t cause an accident. Good idea about boyfriends sons/grandsons. Hope those traveling pains hit the road and don’t come back no’ more…
    Tracey “beyond high risk” :astonished: So sad for all impacting by the wildfires. Thanks for the “hot flashes” recommendation. Maybe tomorrow…
    Michele “…Had to try it to be sure that it was orange and not macadamia nut…” of course you did. I would have too! :laugh:
    Karen I can just see you streaking along your shortcuts to avoid incessant chat.
    Machka :love: your yard, glad you don’t plan to take the dry stream whenever you move :laugh: Really love your meaningful pics. Did you cycle to your wedding? Where is that lake? Are those your parents?
    Kelly Well said, every word.
    Betsy sure sounds like a scam to me. Glad you have option for a second opinion.
    Time to check the bone broth bubbling on the back burner and make supper. Brining, rubbing and rotisserie-ing was a heckuva lot of trouble to get organic roast chicken and bone broth. Might have to opt for convenience and get store bought non-organic ones.
    05/20: Move:0 sets PT, dog group. steps:8097
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 7+9+8+6+1+4 apple, basil, beets, cabbage, coconut, cranberries, cucumber, garbanzo beans, hummus, kombucha, maple syrup, oat bran, onion soup, peanuts, pecans, pepperoncini, peppers sweet-orange/red/yellow, pickle, pineapple, pomegranate juice, potatoes-steak fries/chips, radishes, raisins, rice-brown, romaine, scallions, snap peas, snow peas, soy breakfast patty, tangerines, tea, walnuts, wheat-biscotti/bun/ramen/sourdough/cookies/rigatoni/thins. CI=1708 CO=540
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, hummingbird food, rosemary pluck, geranium root, brine chicken, rotisserie book print, district insurance discount research/email, man cave edge vacuuming, laundry, Tumble bath and cleanup and that’s why no PT. Wt: 133.6

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. May: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    bvnijsd2ppxq.jpg
    Doing the front yard this afternoon lol

growing up soooo fast.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    21. Look up at the sky and remember we are a part of something bigger. And give thanks that it’s blue for a change ;}

Debbie that is too close to a raccoon for me!!! Okra? Yuck. :sick:
    05/20: Move:0 sets PT, dog group. steps:8097
    Fuel: plants running count for week so far: 7+9+8+6+1+4 apple, basil, beets, cabbage, coconut, cranberries, cucumber, garbanzo beans, hummus, kombucha, maple syrup, oat bran, onion soup, peanuts, pecans, pepperoncini, peppers sweet-orange/red/yellow, pickle, pineapple, pomegranate juice, potatoes-steak fries/chips, radishes, raisins, rice-brown, romaine, scallions, snap peas, snow peas, soy breakfast patty, tangerines, tea, walnuts, wheat-biscotti/bun/ramen/sourdough/cookies/rigatoni/thins. CI=1708 CO=540
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, hummingbird food, rosemary pluck, geranium root, brine chicken, rotisserie book print, district insurance discount research/email, man cave edge vacuuming, laundry, Tumble bath and cleanup and that’s why no PT. Wt: 133.6

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. May: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

haha- I LOVE okra just any way. Mom makes pickled okra that is so good- no holiday meal is complete for me with out a dish of them on the table. Fried okra is my favorite(had that for dinner tonight), LOVE gumbo with a lot of okra in it!
    Hoping the okra I planted does well so I can freeze some for gumbo this winter.

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,428 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Ladies!

Interesting afternoon. As I mentioned earlier, I was searching for DH's drum purchase & info records. No luck. Then it hit me - maybe it's on his PC in the office. By some miracle, I was able to finally put together the password to get into it. He'd given me the first part, and that's what I wrote down years ago, but he since amended it a little. I engaged the "DH part of my brain" and came up with it after about ten minutes :p

Didn't find what I hoped for regarding many drum records, but he had a lot of photos and other things I moved onto a thumb drive. I was hoping I could open my excel budget spreadsheet records on that PC, but no go. It's running Windows 7. My laptop is Windows 9. I might download Open Office if it's still available and give that a try. Just as a back up of last resort. I keep a lot of documents in that file that I would not want to lose access to, and I've heard in new PC's, we're not able to have Word and Excel resident on the machines, everything is in the cloud at a price. Bugger that. I want to keep my stuff local.

Death in my back yard... I'm putting this in a spoiler there's some queasy parts-
    A little bit ago I noticed Rosie had been spending a lot of time in the woodshed this past couple days. I figured she was looking for mice. So I finally went in there and guess what... a full grown dead rabbit, something had chewed off one of its legs, went for the belly and it was nearly decapitated. All Rosie could do was lick, I'm sure. She's no killer.

Now, what was the killer? I'm betting a large cat. But to take out a full grown rabbit? it was heavy! When my old kitty was younger she'd kill the baby bunnies and leave them on the deck for our breakfast. This must be a really LARGE cat! It was just around the corner from the chickie coop where the girls are locked up secure at night. Whew.

I may have mentioned, last week Rosie found the remains of a baby rabbit in one of the flower beds way out back.

Anyhow, I tossed that big bunny under some evergreens out by the road, away from the fenced back yard. Let's see if it's there tomorrow morning. If the garbage truck was coming tomorrow I'd have dumped it in the garbage can but didn't want to have to deal with that cookin for a week. :s

Barbara - I had the Cat Stevens album and played the Peace Train song until I wore it out. That and the Woodstock sound track! That was during the height of the Vietnam War and I was attending college at Ball State University in Muncie, IN. I recall the Kent State shootings. I was active in the "peace movement" - I mostly had a crush on the hippie that was leading the group, lol.

I even went to a peace rally in Indianapolis where some folk singer brought his guitar and called himself John Denver and we all sat on the grass and listened. Kept our clothes on and smelled some funny smoke.

Now that I have the "Peace Train" earworm anchored in my brain, I better close and tidy up outside.

Have a wonderful week, ladies.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,539 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Rebecca – I usually only get to see PJ twice a year (if I’m lucky). Once the first weekend in June for a day when we’re up that way for a friend and again on Labor Day weekend so we get an extra day with them. It usually costs us anywhere from $700-$800 for the four day stay (Fri night, Sat night, Sun night, and Monday night). Same here, PJ gets to swim in the pool

Mary – never heard of the newspaper. Thanks for telling me. Wonder if it’s that the newspaper attracts the moisture?

M – lovely yard. If you get to that conference, do you have someone who can be there for your husband?

Lanette – feel better fast

Went to the cookout for this train club that Vince joined. Boy, do they have a NICE house. Did some of the jigsaw puzzle earlier today, got some pool time then went to the cookout. It wasn’t hotdogs/hamburgers (which I was afraid of), but brats and pulled pork. They had two refrigerators just for the craft beers. It was a nice day.

Got to make the bed, take a shower, then maybe work on the puzzle some.

Did 10 Minute Solution Tone & Reshape with the Figure 8. You can use the handle bands instead of this “figure 8” thing, which is what I did

Michele NC

Do they ever come to visit you guys? My son has yet to travel up to us since we moved here in 2018. But I look at it as this way, we are the retired ones and they are the ones with busy lives. So it just is easier for us to travel down. Though many times I have taken the train, because I can just stay with them and not have to stay at a hotel. If husband comes, we stay at a hotel because he can't deal with dog hair.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies!
    Today was poor in terms of diet and exercise. Oh well. I have been up and down a lot lately. Hmm.

Annie in Delaware
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    <3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,583 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Alli -- I just have to say that you are a much better person than I am. I am not sure how you still maintain a relationship with T and E. Seriously. It would be much too painful for me.

Hubby has been sick this past week (not Covid, tested twice), so I've been hanging out in the family room. The last time I caught my son's minor cold, I was sick for two weeks with the worst cold virus I've ever had. The joys of being immune compromised!

Drama from most recent oncology appointment -- not for the squeamish.
    Had a bit of trauma at my oncology appointment on Tuesday. It was just labs (yay!) She took three vials from my port, and everything was going well. She finished up, put on a cotton ball and a bandaid and sent me out to wait for the results (I have to know my neutrophil count every four weeks in order to continue on my medication.) I'm checking work email, and I feel something rolling down my chest onto my abdomen. I look down, and I am bleeding. I mean, not just a little seepage, but full on bleeding. I grab the mask out of my purse to try to stem the tide. Nothing doing. I jump up and grab a handful of kleenex. Nope. I moved quickly to the clinic bathroom, thinking paper towels might do the trick. Someone must have seen what was going on, because the lab tech found me, asked me if I was okay and if it had ever happened before. (it hadn't) She cleaned me up and got the flow to stop and the put on a heavy duty patch thing. As she was cleaning me up, a nurse walked by (mind you, we are still just standing in the hall outside the clinic bathroom), sized me up, and said "Well, that's a sign of something. And not a good thing." I was so upset. I held it together, but it is the first time during this process that I almost cried while at the doctor's office. Platelets were low, but not like crazy low. Good news is that my neutrophil count was high enough for me to start back on my medicine for the next three weeks. Bad news is that my CA-15 test (cancer antigen test -- tumor marker) rose from when we checked it three months ago. Doc is not going to be happy about that, but I am due for a CT scan in June any way, so we will see if it really means anything or not. It goes up and down, who knows why.

The funny thing about it, was that I thought to myself. "thank goodness I didn't wear a white shirt!! (Machka!) I had a multi-colored shirt on, and I was able to clean up enough of it in the bathroom, that no one would have been able to see anything amiss. I was meeting a colleague for lunch after the appointment, and I didn't want to cancel. I cleaned up well enough. She is still in treatment for stage 3 breast cancer, so we share our mishaps with each other.

I'm getting worried about Kylia.

Rebecca -- your time with your granddaughter looked wonderful -- everyone is so happy and content.

I'm reading along, not commenting much, but Alli's comment about E's engagement ring made me rise up and say "h3ll no!"

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Machka9
    edited May 2023
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Machka I love your pics! I remember those first rides with your DH post accident. I was so happy for you and for him that he was able to get back on the bike and participate in something you both enjoyed so much! He looks really good in that most recent pic with Rhody (who, by the way, has grown into quite the handsome cat!).
    ttfn xoxoxo Love to all! KJ (Kelly)
    Machka - Your yard is just magazine-worthy wonderful. I think it's wonderful, too, that you didn't realize you've been promoted high enough to be conference eligible. Really great when people recognize your worth. Congratulations!
    Hugs for those that need them, cheers to those who have triumphed...
    Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

Thank you! :)

• Machka9
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    I absolutely LOVE the Balance app. It is free for a year for all new users. It helps my mood and calm my nerves. I’ve been using it regularly since January and have learned a lot and it has helped me cope with my anxiety in many situations and issues I’ve been dealing with this year. I recommend the app for anyone who want some peace in their lives. Even if it is only 15 minutes a day, it helps.

RVRita

I hope this post is ok. Mental health is a part of overall health and a big factor on our weight.

What is the Balance app? I've not heard of it.

M in Oz