WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2023

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    Bless poor Miles he slept for 3 hrs ,its nice and quiet ,no screaming or yelling ,the cats and dog are sleeping and all is well.
    Im taking Dan to visit a friends after taking care of Miles..i grew up with her mom ,it is my friend Doris' granddaughter and great granddaughter we are going to see..
    Then home to put stuff in the dryer..
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Kim, I am so happy to hear your mom has healed enough to go home and you have survived! I understand there were times you didn't know how you would.
    I sure wish dh would speak up to his mom and not continue to let her bully him. 6/10 will be one year since her fall and he is still over there at least twice a day for well over an hour or close to two hours each time. At least he isn't there 24/7 like he was the first 5-6 months, what ever it was.
    She no longer physically needs him there twice a day but she wants him there, serve her meals, do the chores she is more than capable of doing. If it only affected him I would say- hey, he is a grown man at almost 60 yrs old. He needs to put his foot down or just deal with it and shut up about it. Problem is that he brings the stress/bitterness/anger home. Every single thing revolves around him and him being at his mom's.

edit- wrote this last night and forgot to submit I guess.
    Hoping for a calmer day but doubt it. He said he has to spend the whole day over there trimming her bushes and trees so she doesn't have to pay someone to do it. She threatened to go out and do it herself if he didn't do it. 87 and on a ladder. He fell for the threat and is heading over.
    She says it is his fault she has to hire someone because he didn't take care of them sooner and they are too big. She told him last week there was no rush and now this. Always the same

Tracey- not a fan of the language but oh, the meaning sure is true. (That is the language he uses all the time even though he knows it really bothers me-the more mad he gets the more he does it and the louder he gets)

Finally get to go walk the wetlands after a four day break. Weather should be cool but hopefully not too windy at 65degrees at the warmest today.
    Have a lot of things around the house that should get done and I will work on something but a big procrastinator today(and always it seems)

Have a wonderful Tuesday.

Debbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,534 Member
    Options
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,534 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Note to self: do not eat an ounce of salted peanuts on the way to arterial ultrasounds. They take your blood pressure 😮 and rat you out to your PCP 😡
    Barbara AHMOD 🐶

I took pcp?
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Would love to join this group. Will there be a "WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023at some point?
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,330 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »

Sitting in an infusion center with my son. He’s suffering again from migraines … they’re affecting his work attendance and that has to stop.

Very dry here near Buffalo. No rain in the forecast for awhile means watering a few plants tonight. The grass is going to go into hibernation early. You should see the masses of “helicopters” the Maple Trees are producing and releasing! Going to need a shovel to clear the driveway!

Not doing well with my eating… I think I’m just giving up …

Beth

Beth - our maples started helicoptering last week and it's been pretty wet. I think our PNW drought is about to start though.

What type of infusion are they giving your son for his migraine?

Did I ever post the Bob & Brad featured video about using an ice pack on the carotid to stop migraines? I thankfully haven't had one in ages but it seems it would help. I remember I had a cold pack on the back of my neck and on my forehead/over my eyes when they'd get bad. Who knew I should have put them on the side of my neck?

Lanette
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Mary--What a mess. I understand how you feel about what they might do next. I pray they leave soon and that is the end of it.
    Karen--Great picture! I remember when you were working with him, so glad to hear he is doing so well now. You had a lot to do with it.
    Kelly--Sending big hugs and prayers for you and your sister. Glad DH was able to help. Given a chance most the time they do well. I know my DH tries when I give him the chance. Giving up control is not easy.
    Pip--good job and puppy looks so happy.
    Rori--Glad you are home and had a good trip.
    Ginny--What a neat message with the humming birds.
    Allie--I have been wondering this for awhile. But so much attention is given to Miles. Neg attention is better than no attention. Just a thought. Threats are nothing to mess with and at this point they all need to take it serious. And they know how to keep you by not facing facts and dealing with them. It will always be something. I have been there and it comes a time when you have to do what is best for you first as they won't until you drop over dead.
    Tracey--Congradulations on winning the prize. What a nice surprise.
    Debbie--HUGS!! and prayers for Destiny and her family.
    Kim-- Happy dance for you and all you have learned. I know you are a stronger person now and have no regrets.
    Beth--Don't give up, just take things one day at a time.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Skimming through. The blog moves so fast. Too tired to take notes. Worked with the cats this morning and will again tomorrow morning. I have the grand dog a black lab and he is well behaved. Thursday I have to be on the van early to get to the Atlanta airport. Wish I wasn't so tired. About to lay down for a nap.....at 5:16 pm.....and hope I have some energy when I wake up. Thinking about everyone and wishing every one the best.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,377 Member
    Options
    Flea - I'm so sorry that your mother's death had to be accompanied by strife from the family. Your energy is so precious, it shouldn't be split this way. It's why I went to the effort to establish the trust. Right now, neither feels they want anything from us, but who knows what a decade or two can bring. This way, everything belongs to the trust, nothing to our kids. This way, hopefully there won't be acrid arguments and demands, and their relationship will continue after we're gone. Deaths somehow bring entitlement out of the woodwork.

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    B) Just passing through!

Carol in GA