• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,536 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Hello all! Taking advantage of a quiet Sunday morning to chime in. The historical event that I am a part of will be taking place next weekend. So, between prepping for that and working this week, I will probably be MIA until the 12th of this month. This past week, I have been watering our lawn each morning. (Hasn't rained in over two weeks). We don't have underground sprinkling, so it is me, moving a sprinkler, about 12 times at 15 minute intervals. It has been in the 80s/90s the past week, so even with the watering, our yard and plants are still a bit scorched. Of course, the next forecast for rain is this upcoming weekend (our historic event). 80s and rain. :| Oh well, if you ask me, 90s and sun is much worse than 80s and rain. I have to wear period correct clothing. (Long skirts, muslin longer sleeved shirt, bodice, apron, hat)
    Pip- Yikes! I wonder if he was in rut? The deer around here get a bit aggressive during rutting season/spring. Glad someone was able to step up and save you and the pups.
    Debbie- Glad to hear about Destiny's numbers rising! Sorry about the cancellation of the triplet's party.
    Machka- Love to see how you get your exercise in each day!
    Heather- DYS and I went to the VanGogh exhibit when it hit our state. It was a 2.5 hour drive for us and we ran into that tornado on our way back. Fun exhibit though.
    Rebecca- Happy to hear about your son! What a relief, huh?
    Flea- What a fun concert! Kudos for your hubby! Nice surprise!
    Annie- (((Hugs))) to you. Sorry to hear of your Aunt's passing. I hope your sister can come and help get your dad to the funeral/stay with your mom. The logistics of emergencies are exhausting!
    Allie Loving the pics of Myles being Myles! Big hugs to you and your family as you all find peace. Finding care for both of the kids.
    Barbie- This might be the first I have commented in June; so thank you for bringing us to this month! You have made my gratitude journal more than once, simply for pushing me to focus on gratitude daily! One of my favorite quotes or semi quotes is...focus on the little things; it's all little things. My daily gratitudes seem to be the little things. Some days the most I can come up with is the simple fact that I had one less poopy diaper to change. lol

Well, there are more of you that I want to chat with; but everything has left my brain as I have had to get up a few times, move the sprinkler, answer questions from DH who has woken early (and grumpy)...it is what it is. Catch up with everyone next week. I will try to read a bit every morning. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

That was an elk young one
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    That is Brownie. I took the photo yesterday. She was just chilling with me on a rocker outside. She is the dog that has heart failure. Loving her while I can.

RVRita

What a sweet looking dog. So sad that she has a heart condition but so good that you are there to love her.

Joy
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Note to self- when you have someone coming that is a professional cleaner you want the space looking semi picked up.. so thats what I have been doing lol
    Picking up ,cleaning and will try and have it semi clean..
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Flea ~ Beautiful country! Thanks for the photos.

Carol in GA
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Flea ~ Beautiful country! Thanks for the photos.

Carol in GA

I agree Carol. It is such a privilege to live in the Pacific northwest. There is so much diversity of beauty.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,109 Member
    Options
    Flea I agree that you live in a beautiful place, great pictures!

Debbie yummy! That’s an amazing amount to get for your Church! Whoever bought them really got a good deal!

Katla how are you doing? Thinking of you!

💕Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,078 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,536 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    haynpmmfkw51.png
    Chocolate decadence tray. Made two. They have Chocolate covered strawberries and cherries, brownies,almond and peanut clusters,chocolate peanut butter balls, rocky road fudge and chocolate coconut balls

gw09hp6f8mvp.png
    Blueberry tarts with cinnamon vanilla sweet ricotta filling

a4ecyuh88dzs.png
    Mango cake with mango flavored sweet ricotta filling

desserts went well at the auction- my four things alone brought in $600.
    $3600 total. All the money goes to help pay for church camp.

This year they did not only desserts but also food so they had lumpia, picadillo, macaroni salad, spam fried rice and a few other food items.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA

I’ll have all but the cherries one pls
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    Well ol Allie got quite a bit done for an ol lady.. got the
    Bed made,shower,dishes going in the dishwasher and stuff pretty much picked up..will see what this cleaner will be able to do and will make me feel much better.. the kids were supposed to get this done for me for Christmas but ,they have there hands full..
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    We're back home. It was a quick but wonderful weekend. We even stopped by my favorite vodka distillery, had a couple small samples, and bought some vodka -- ginger infused and hazelnut espresso infused. So delicious!

Annie -- I'm sorry for the death of your aunt. I hope you can work out the logistics to everyone's benefit.

Sue -- Driving to Sea-Tac is no small feat. I really hate driving in the Seattle/Tacoma area. My mother hated it so much, that she would fly in and out of Portland, preferring to drive down from the Peninsula to Portland, rather than crossing the narrows bridge to Sea-Tac.

Love to all, and thanks to Barbie for keeping us going each month.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon