Key West, Key Largo, Sarasota, Destin, Miami all in Florida

Catalina island, San Diego, Monterey in California

St Lucia and St Maarten

Waikiki in Hawaii

Cabo San Lucas in Mexico

Henlopen Rehoboth and Lewes in Delaware

Duck through to Ocracoke and Beaufort and Wilmington in North Carolina

Oh and the Jersey shore as a child - Avalon

There, that boosted my mood. What beaches have you all been to?

Annie in Delaware

Beaches ... in roughly the order from when I was little till now.

Some beach near San Jose.

Sylvan Lake, Alberta.

A beach just south of Vancouver.

Several beaches in Manitoba ... I can't get the map up just now to give them names.

Beaches all along the west coast of France.

A number of beaches in the UK.

Beaches along the Rhine.

Quite a few beaches up the west coast of the US and a few on the east coast.

A beach in Japan.

Beaches in Taiwan.

And a whole bunch of beaches in Australia, including, of course, the one less than 1 km from where I live.

:)
    M in Oz

I grew up away from beaches (except for places like Sylvan Lake in Alberta) but always loved going to them.

I love walking on the sand in my bare feet, especially since I started developing arthritis in my feet.

I love wading into the water on a hot day and almost getting knocked over by waves.

I love the smell of ocean beaches.

I love the call of the birds.

Most of all, I live the sound of the waves.

But interestingly, one of the most common places we go in Tasmania for long weekends, when we can, is in the middle of the state almost as far away from beaches as we can get in Tasmania.

The lovely flattish, quiet country roads and lack of tourists appeals to us.

Plus we have several beaches close to home.

M in Oz

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Karen thanks, that puts a better spin on it. I lost 3.4 pounds last week, more than I expected, so I'm feeling better this morning.

Heather that is a lovely ballerina! You have managed to perfectly balance the smooth geometric curve with the human shape. And people are so hard to draw! Did you work from a photo?

Allie, wow, you have really traveled! And Machka, too, although no surprise there. Beaches are gorgeous but often crowded. The last time I went, it was so crowded that I could hear two radios playing different stations and it drove me crazy.

My last vacation plan was to a horse ranch in Tucson Arizona but then came Covid. I had to cancel. I love the hot sun and figured the pool would do for sunbathing. Now my parents need me, so it will be awhile before I travel again. But I could just get a lawn chair in the yard here. Hmm.

Have a great day everyone! You all are the best circle of friends ever!

Annie in Delaware

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,534 Member
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) What's fun for other people may not be fun for me and vice versa. I am not a fan of beaches but I love driving along the coast of the ocean. I have lived nearly all my life near the ocean (my dad was in the Coast Guard and I've lived near the ocean most of my adult life (Okinawa, NW California, NW Washington). When we traveled and enjoyed a town we would ask "What if we lived here? but unless it was near the ocean we didn't think we'd want to be there long.

:) One major result of the podcasts I listen to as I walk is to set a positive and joyous attitude for my day. It works.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Former hubby was in the Coast Guard when we got married. One of my favorite beaches was Daupin Island in Mobile,AL. So much fun seeing all the hermit crabs. I wanted to take a few home but he said it wasn't a good idea. It was the first time I had been in the ocean that was warm. Growing up in N.CA. The ocean is COLD even during the summer.(was the first time I felt warm rain too- that was a shock but I loved it)
    Beaches I have been to-grew up going to the beaches from Goat Rock to Fort Bragg in CA on the Pacific ocean.
    Local beaches along the rivers-spent a lot of time each summer. Haven't been in a while except for on my walks around the wetlands that goes by the Napa River. On low tides I walk down the beach.
    The beaches all around Oahu,Hawaii- dh's cousin lived there and showed us the great and not crowded beaches
    Ensenda, Mexico,
    Seattle and north of there
    Virginia(former hubby had Coast Guard school back there)
    AK (his ship was up there so I flew up for two weeks)
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Love hearing about all the beaches you all have visited! I would love to see the beaches along the Pacific Coast and the New England coast. May never get there but love the photographs/movies I have seen on line!

Michele ~ I wonder if the styes you are experiencing could be related to the sun screen burning your eyes.

Allie ~ That's a nasty bruise on your thumb.

Carla ~ Yeah for school being out!

Carol in GA

• dlfk202000
    Options
    Debbie your chocolate delights inspired me to make mounds bites. I had left over coconut from some bars I like to make and a can a sweetened condensed milk in cupboard long enough and chocolate to cover. Love coconut. One was delicious and satisfied my sweet tooth. YUM!

we have some great unsweetened coconut that I use in a few of the candies- It really is good. I add almonds to some and some I don't-Mounds and Almond Joy fudge.
    Nice to have something just enough so you enjoy it but not feel guilty about eating it.
    I didn't used to like coconut but now I do but just the unsweetened one or fresh

I do good not eating much of what I make, most of the time. My downfall is the peanut butter fudge or peanut butter cups. I will make some things to send to former hubby for his birthday and either give the rest away or freeze it, just need to not have it in the kitchen.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Debbie, the pictures are great, the sunset would make into a hard jigsaw puzzel!
  • dlfk202000
    edited June 2023
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Debbie, the pictures are great, the sunset would make into a hard jigsaw puzzel!

that is what I was thinking- Wish they weren't so expensive to order. Have a few other special spots that would make great puzzles- like Yosemite.

Anyone know a place less expensive than Shutterfly to get puzzles made??
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Debbie - I just googled "puzzles out of pictures" and a few sites came up including shutterfly but with a coupon for shutterfly - so I'd do some googling
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Kim ~ Have you heard any more from your mom! I think she finally went home. :)

Carol in GA
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Beaches:

Numerous Oregon, Washington, and California beaches.
    Virginia Beach
    Padres island, Texas
    Cape cod, Massachusetts
    Annapolis, Maryland
    Kitty hawk, north Carolina
    Tel Aviv, Israel.
    Hastings, UK
    Vancouver island, BC
    Newport, Rhode island
    Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
    Cancun, playa de Carmen, Tulum, Cozumel, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
    Costa Rica Pacific coast beaches
    Ambergris Caye, Belize

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    The Thumb thing was last yr some time I think if not longer i hit it wrong on the side of a grocery cart at Costco.. had it xrayed no break.. but now arthritis and probably nerve pain.
    Yes taking tylenol for the arthritis pain but doesn't really help..
    Was in and out of a chest xray for cardiologist and my one bloodwork for the transplant dr.and back home and threw laundry in the dryer..
    Going to get up early tomorrow and get fasting bloodwork done to see if i can get an appointment with a rheumatologist.
    Its been so smokey here that Miles has been going stir crazy.. the guy across the street mowed ,and mom got him outside.lbgadion8gr4.jpg
    r21fq08c1vdu.jpg
    meu82btdm8d8.jpg
    Oh and here is the picture of the fancy work on the TP 2qt8oddfiifp.jpg
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Debbie - I just googled "puzzles out of pictures" and a few sites came up including shutterfly but with a coupon for shutterfly - so I'd do some googling

I have found some on Etsy too. Hoping to get one for under $25 beings it is only part of his gift.