Tami's Secret to Skinny!!

Options

Replies

• SwedishChef
    Options
    I just want to say TAM, accept my friends request on Facebook will ya? what does a boy have to do? geeesh Oh and NIIIIIICE new picture... I LOVE IT!!! :love: :love: You are atruely an artist when it comes to capturing what I like! :wink:

Nat, I love your new picture too... do you have plans this weekend? can I fly out and take you to dinner and a show? va-va-va-VROOOM!

This thread went from helpful to creepy.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I find this thread helpful and encouraging.

thanks Tami!:flowerforyou: :love:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Bumpity-Bump!!:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! :flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    shove? ehhh oh ya bump:smile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

:angry: no shoving the pregnant lady, Dave

:laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

all these dang codes confuse me:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

all these dang codes confuse me:laugh:

its ok, all is forgiven. :flowerforyou:

I will send the manual over asap.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Like I am some dainty pregnant woman!! :laugh:

Oh, maybe I am!! :ohwell:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    dainty bump
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    dainty bump

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You crack me up, Dave!!
  • clairegl
    clairegl Posts: 82
    Options
    Tami,
    I just saw this and want to tell you that you are truly an inspiration to me. You ROCK! I had a very bad week last week because I was eating too few calories and felt so deprived that I went and had a big binge. Feel bad- but am moving past it by upping my calories and starting over again anew.
    Did you ever have these giant slip-ups? Also, how tall are you? Just curious as it helps with the math.
    Congrats on your weight-loss and maintenance and your upcoming baby.
    I know I can do this and you are the person I think of when I feel bad for myself about having to lose 30 pounds. Thanks for this post, it was just what the doctor ordered!
    Claire
    :smile:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Tami,
    I just saw this and want to tell you that you are truly an inspiration to me. You ROCK! I had a very bad week last week because I was eating too few calories and felt so deprived that I went and had a big binge. Feel bad- but am moving past it by upping my calories and starting over again anew.
    Did you ever have these giant slip-ups? Also, how tall are you? Just curious as it helps with the math.
    Congrats on your weight-loss and maintenance and your upcoming baby.
    I know I can do this and you are the person I think of when I feel bad for myself about having to lose 30 pounds. Thanks for this post, it was just what the doctor ordered!
    Claire
    :smile:

Hey!! So happy you are changing things up and trying again!

I didn't really have slip ups because I allowed myself to eat plenty and ate even more when I exercised. I think doing that kept me from feeling deprived. Also, I ate everything, just smaller portions. This combination made me never feel the need to binge. THIS time anyway. I have lost weight in the past and didn't do it the right way and struggled plenty. I knew if I was going to do this for good, that it had to be done a different way than I had before.

I am 5'5". I really I hope I can keep inspiring you to reach your goals! You can beat this!

Best of luck!! :flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • Summarain
    Summarain Posts: 145
    Options
    A PM from Sassiebritches got me thinking and I had posted something on a recent "eating exercise calories" thread. I just copied and pasted it here to possibly help others who may want to know. Remember, the important thing is to be open-minded to your body. Trial and error can be the way to go sometimes to figure out what will work for you. But, just because something worked for one person doesn't mean it will work for you. Just like our finger prints are all unique, how we respond to various things will be unique as well and just having the patience and taking the time to figure it out can make all the difference!! :flowerforyou:

Anyway, here is what I had written on the "Exercise Calories" thread. If it helps even ONE person, it is worth it!!!

All I ever add to these threads is my own personal experience.

But first of all, I know it sounds strange but when you think about it, you start to understand better.
    You decide to lose weight. You lower your calories to a certain amount. You then exercise and burn MORE calories than those you are already excluding from your diet. So, eating some back....yes, you are eating more than 1500 calories but that isn't what your body is "bringing in" due to the exercise.

Anyway, for ME. Non-gym days, I ate 1400 calories. (I never ate below that). At the end, that was Mon, Wed, and Fri. On workout days, I got to the point where I was burning over 1,000 calories and I would eat around 1,900 calories on those days. (I ate about half the workout calories back). That was Tues, Thurs, Sat and Sun.

On the days I didn't go to the gym, I would do some lunges and squats and things at home and just stuck to my 1400 at the end.

I rarely had a plateau and when I did, I didn't stay for more than a week or two. I lost 135 lbs in 16 months (so even with plateaus or better weeks, worse weeks, etc...that averages out to about 8-10 lbs a month).

So, in MY personal opinion and experience....eating plenty and exercising plenty is what worked for me. And I think by doing the almost every other day thing, my body was kept at a constant burn and HAPPY!

It is all about finding what will work for you. It can be a trial and error thing. But also, making sure the calories burned are accurate is important as well. I never used a heart rate monitor. I did read in a fitness article that a good way to get an accurate reading on a machine like an elliptical (Which I used a lot), is when it asks for your weight, enter in a weight about 5-10 lbs LESS than you are. And at the end, deduct about 15% from the final number it gives you. That is what I did and it worked for me and I never ate ALL of them back.

Good luck! drinker

:flowerforyou: THANK YOU TAM, YOUR POST REALLY HELPS ME SEE THAT ITS NOT ALL THAT DIFFICULT TO LOSE THE WEIGHT, ITS JUST FOCUS AND DETERMINATION. YOU DONT HAVE TO STARVE YOURSELF....
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    :drinker:
  • clairegl
    clairegl Posts: 82
    Options
    Thank you for replying, and I too hope you can continue to motivate and inspire me (and I'm SURE many others here).
    Have a great day.
    Claire
    :wink:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Thank you for replying, and I too hope you can continue to motivate and inspire me (and I'm SURE many others here).
    Have a great day.
    Claire
    You're welcome sweetie! Let me know if I can help!! :smile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    Have a great day.
    Claire

we all need your help! HELP US!!!
    good morning T:smile:
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options

Yes I need some ehhhh Help... I seem to have an addiction to cleavage... and for some reason it just keeps popping into my mind :wink:

what am I to do??? its especially difficult to focus around you! :blushing:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Have a great day.
    Claire

we all need your help! HELP US!!!
    good morning T:smile:
    What can I do for you???:laugh: