Options
    @ahoy_m8
    Ah, the willpower fatigue. Yup

@itladyee
    What is the reason for the fasting?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options

I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 18AF days in May.

I do this diary style, I normally post the next morning.

Wednesday June 14 - 2 drinks - Broke my own rule of only drinking when happy. I was so down about the extreme weather changes. We dropped 20 degrees in one day. I fear for my peppers and tomatoes. It was drizzling when I got off of work and so cold. I didn't even try to abstain. I must stay AF tonight, Thursday.
    Thursday June 15 - AF - I find it really quite easy to stay AF when I have a big day ahead the next day. Today, Friday, I work my usual restaurant job and then immediately go to my brand ambassador job without a chance to go home first. I am giving out samples of Mike's Hard Lemonade at one of the liquor stores. Today will be my 12th workday in a row. Whew!! I probably will have drinks over the weekend. Big festival in town for the weekend starting tonight. I do not drink "out" because I don't drink and drive, plus it is far too expensive to drink "out". It was 8c this morning, last year at this time it was 32c. This unsettles me so much.

Rolling total: 9AF day out of 15 days.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,086 Member
    Options
    @itladyee

Intermittent Fasting for Weight Loss and better health... I attempted a couple of years ago but just didn't get into it. I read/listened to a couple of books in the last 30 days and decided to give it a try.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    @itladyee

Intermittent Fasting for Weight Loss and better health... I attempted a couple of years ago but just didn't get into it. I read/listened to a couple of books in the last 30 days and decided to give it a try.

Okay, I see. My first thought was that you had to fast for medical tests.
    But you stop eating at noon? That sounds different.
    I inadvertently intermittent fast I bet. You would think that working in a restaurant that I would be eating all of the time, but not so. Yesterday I missed breakfast not on purpose but took food with me to work because I was going straight to another job right after. I was up at 6am and didn't manage to eat anything until 2:45, and then it was a matter of choking down a few bites because I knew that I had to.
    I hear of others who fast one day per week to give their digestive systems a break.
    I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the IF.