WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Allie-hopefully you can get a definitive answer. With either condition you need to take care of yourself. Question-did you say recently that Kyle and Tracey were celebrating 5 years? Is Kyle Carmine's biological father?
    Rosemarie-too bad about the van. I am sure it will sell.
    Rori-what a cool experience.
    Annie-could you maybe contact someone like Best Buy Geek Squad? It might be worth the money (and your sanity).
    Pip-I am glad you found your key (I totally missed it was lost!)

Food pantry went well. Haven't got report of how many served yet. Pleasant evening, rain held off. All of the people were in a good mood.

Only working around 5 hours tomorrow (have to use some vacation or lose it). Monday is a holiday. I may. do som stuff over the week end to get out of way before vacation trip on July 25.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

I wondered whether Kyle was Carmine's father too and if he were a second husband for Tracy. It's a bit unusual to want a second child with the same father/husband so many years later but it is more common to want a child with a new husband.

I read an article recently that said Americans tend not to take all their vacation leave. The article gave several reasons.

I found that amazing because I (and other Australians) take time off whenever we can! We love our holiday time.

I took today off. 😀

M in Oz

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    Options
    Just keeping up to date with y’all. I’m winding down into summer time. We are having an unusual spell of balmy weather, so I’m spending lots of time in the garden.

Rebecca: You’re a good sister.
    Heather: A good way to approach the food on board. Go for the quality, in moderation of course 😝 and ignore the sugar fest.
    Allie: Not a happy situation for anyone involved. (((Hugs)))
    Rori: What an experience for you. You
    look very relaxed. It certainly keeps you fit.

Time to get up and move. DH is doing an online yoga class downstairs and I am doing Pilates.

🤗 🤗 🤗 and 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 to all who need/want them.

☘️ Terri
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Terri - I also don't eat any potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, cakes etc, though I do usually have a bowl of porridge at least once during the trip as I never have that at home and I love it. I even have the savouries at afternoon tea, no scones, and just eat the toppings off them. :p The butler brings canapés to the suite at 5.30 and I do the same - just eat the prawn and caviar! It all works perfectly for me. I do not have a sweet tooth anyway.
    The speciality restaurants on this ship, which is the sister ship of the one we've been on before, are Nepalese and Italian. We won't bother with the Italian, but will try the Nepalese. I love that kind of food, but it's difficult if you're not eating rice or noodles. I actually prefer eating at our window table in the dining room where the food is nearly always excellent and the waiters know my funny little ways. "No potatoes, extra vegetables, " and 'smelly, runny cheese please, celery and a few walnuts." After a couple of days I don't have to ask. :p The portions are very moderate, so I never feel stuffed. Small starter, main with veg, and cheese. Neither of us are dessert eaters anyway.
    We like to eat at our table for two and size up the couple at the next table before we choose to chat. Mostly we don't, but sometimes they look promising. It's amazing how few people are good conversationalists. We have never made 'friends' with anyone, because we prefer our own company, and we are very different to the normal demographic. We often have more interaction with the visiting lecturers and performers. Plus our butler! :p
    Can't wait! 17 nights. So glad my hand is functioning better. It's improving every day.

I've been learning Norwegian on Duolingo for years now. Still not very good! I do it every day.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Didn't sleep very well at all last night.In alot of pain and can't help worrying about Carmine and the whole family..
    I have a 1 yr old Birthday party to go to tomorrow, here is hoping im up for it..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    Machka: 8 months on the road with the blue bike! What an adventure that must have been!

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

It was!

2012. We "retired" ... my contract came to an end, my husband ended his contract. We did not renew our lease. We put everything into storage. And we hit the road for the next 8 months.

Hong Kong
    Taiwan
    Japan
    Scotland
    The Netherlands
    Germany
    Luxembourg
    Switzerland
    France
    England
    And then throughout North America. However, we borrowed my parent's van for that part and cycled in the places we stopped along the way. Vancouver to Florida to California and up the west coast.
    Then over to Western Australia ... and finally back to Victoria, Australia where we had started.

M in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,546 Member
    Options
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    mbjrhfe6q95c.png
  • DerbyRose
    DerbyRose Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This blog is really great! Thank you!!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Rebecca
    🎉🥳🎂Happy Birthday 🎂🥳🎉

💕Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Morning again ladies
    Kyle just got home,poor guy is exhausted..been up for more than 24 hrs.. theybleft around 10 last night and there dad passed at midnight.. so at least they got to see him,and he knew that they were there when they first came.. So thats a blessing.
    It is all quiet now.Tracy at work,Carmine in her room Miles finally down for a nap and Kyle finally getting some much needed rest.
    Haven't heard anything from rheumatologist so will call them when I get home.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Happy birthday Rebecca!

Flea, hope your family troubles smooth out.

Katiebug, great loss!

Heather, glad your hand is feeling better. How exciting to be preparing for a cruise! When I went, I discovered my clothes were all wrong. How cool to have it all figured out.

Ginny my dad does have a tech support service he can call. He does that after I tell him to reboot. It still makes me nervous because I don't really trust the service.

It's day one of my sister challenge. Lots of exercise today! And sticking to my diet. I have a pot roast to make for my parents, and some laundry to do. Should be an easy day.

Annie in Delaware

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - Happy birthday!
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    ukesqtbbpn1r.png
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    (((hugs))) to those who need them.

How wonderful for you, Rori!!! Congrats to your team.

Allie! As much as you'd like our support/advice to show to Tracy, DON'T! DO NOT SHARE that you have shared all of their family troubles online. OMG! From personal experience, children do not want you sharing their private issues with anyone else, whether they know them or not. And then to "throw advice in their face" (in their opinion) is what it would feel like. No. Don't do it. We're here to support you and give you advice to share with her IF you choose to "from YOUR years of experience being on this earth". That's all. And just watching others go through things.
    Good luck on your diagnoses, neither of which are great news, but at least they're something that could be treated.
    I'm so very sorry for the loss of Kyle's dad.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY REBECCA!!!
    mb0o1cowpxw2.png

Love and Blessings, Carla, in MN
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Allie sorry for the loss of Kyle’s Dad and prayers for comfort for their family and friends.

💕 Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Allie-prayaers for Kyle and family. Also-I second what Carla said about not letting them know you have talked about everything. Please don't overthink lab tests yet.
    Tracy-hope you find the additional support you need.
    Lisa-I think we all need to goose ourselves occasionally!
    Rebecca-happy birthday!

Catching up on some work odds and ends this morning. Clocked off to do some stuff while I am waiting on some report information I need to deal with before the weekend officially starts. Got in a 3 mile walk to start my day.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio