Options

Replies

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,964 Member
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    @itladyee
    What is the reason for the fasting?

Intermittent Fasting for Weight Loss and better health... I attempted a couple of years ago but just didn't get into it. I read/listened to a couple of books in the last 30 days and decided to give it a try.

Okay, I see. My first thought was that you had to fast for medical tests.
    But you stop eating at noon? That sounds different.
    I inadvertently intermittent fast I bet. You would think that working in a restaurant that I would be eating all of the time, but not so. Yesterday I missed breakfast not on purpose but took food with me to work because I was going straight to another job right after. I was up at 6am and didn't manage to eat anything until 2:45, and then it was a matter of choking down a few bites because I knew that I had to.
    I hear of others who fast one day per week to give their digestive systems a break.
    I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the IF.

I am excited....yesterday was the first day that I changed it up. I had been doing 16:8 and then 18:6 with fasting starting around 8pm and lasting until 2 or 3. This week was called a power fast that included a 20 hour fast and a 30 hour fast.

The 20 is what I did yesterday stopping at noon. I did have food on the brain but I made it. I had lots of food today so I am definitely testing the theory.

Starting Sunday night Im supposed to do the 30 hour fo complete the power week. I will try, but if it becomes unbearable, I will eat.
  • itladyee
    Options
    Y'all have so many AF days! It is so inspiring. Frankly, I'd be happy with a couple of AF days this month.
    Hubs just left for his mission trip, so I figure this is the perfect time to moderate. First goal is to drop from my usual 3 (once in awhile 4) glasses of wine to 2 with a couple of AF days before his return. I bought two bottles of low alcohol wine to try -- half the alcohol and half the calories, so I am thinking a really good way to reduce ...
    Tonight, one glass straight up, next glass half regular and half low alcohol wine and then all low or even none.
    The other practice I am using is to delay having the first one. Will record that time each night.

Keep us posted, we are rooting for you!
  • itladyee
    Options
    Goals for June
    Self-care and positive vibes ~ One day at a time
    Zig-zag calorie count - Daily Average 1400
    Success = No more than two glasses of wine per night. Bonus Points for ZERO!

Current Streak - AF = 1~

6/16 AF ~ Yipee! 💚

🙂🙂🙂 hot damn! the scale was a beautiful thing this morning! Tomorrow will be back up I'm sure as we did a little Father's day celebrating eating out for both breakfast and dinner and a few cocktails. Tomorrow will include a 3 Mile walk. Will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Success Days # 7
    Bonus Days # 6

AF = 6
    A = 11

The Month recap to stay accountable

6/1 A ~ Husband was excited as he had been off pain meds long enough to have a cocktails. He made pomegranate sours. Tasted really strong and really sweet to me since I had not had one in quite a while.

I've got to get it through my thick head....alcohol ruins weight loss....maybe I need to get out my paper and write it 500 times...

6/2 A ~ I got nothing!
    6/3 A ~

6/4 A ~ Moody today. Wine all weekend while watching Netflix shows. Bored too... can't wait for vacation! I've really got to focus on getting that "substitute" drink in my hand as soon as I get in the door.

6/5 A ~ He made pomegranate sours again .

6/6 AF ~ Yipee! 💚
    Came home, immediately poured by ICE/juice! I noticed that this signals my husband to not offer me a drink, cuz for some reason, I can't say no to an offer....

It was actually a good day all around. I get on the treadmill every morning (M-F) for 30 to 45 minutes. Monday and yesterday, I went out side for lunch for an extra 30 minute walk. I was under my calorie budget and stopped eating by 8pm. Consumed 80+ ounces of water but downside, was up a lot for bathroom breaks.

6/7 AF ~ Yipee! 💚
    Another good day. Treadmill + my outside walk. Low calorie day and was still in range, even though I had some Ruffles potato chips (another weakness). Consumed 64oz of water which resulted in less bathroom trips. Scale was favorable!

It's so weird. There are days when I think I just can't be AF, then when I accomplish the task, it's really not so bad🙂
    Kinda like exercise! :wow:

6/8 AF ~ Yipee! 💚
    Treadmill + my outside walk. Almost didn't get the extra walk in as I had a project given to me when I normally would head out but I got it in. Low calorie day, still in range, with 15 calories to spare! Water above goal!

I plan to have a drink(s) this weekend (Friday or Saturday) but I'm excited about it as it's something different that might just "work". Funny, I was looking at my saved recipes in MFP and I ran across a "Low Carb Sangria". I do not recall making this before but it's 160 calories for 17 ounces (so 3+ 5oz glasses of "wine").

4 oz cabernet (or red of choice)
    1 oz vodka
    4 oz of diet 7up or sprite
    8 oz of peach flavored water (0 calorie)

6/9 A
    6/10 A

6/11 A
    I had drinks all weekend and actually looking forward to an AF day today. Friday, I had to try the low carb sangria. It wasn't bad and a nice substitute for the volume. I'm going to count this as a success day though (1 wine, 1oz vodka). Had wine on Saturday and Prosecco on Sunday.

6/12 A

6/13 AF ~ Yipee! 💚

6/14 AF ~ Yipee! 💚 It was a close one! I love how this accountability makes you really learn about yourself. I'd say that 75% of the time that I drink wine, it's because I enjoy drinking wine. The other 25% is to escape. I'm sure I knew this but it really hits home when you are trying to be AF and you see/hear the little triggers that make you want to have a nice pour!

I am generally optimist and positive about most things. My husband, not so much. My glass is half full, his glass is not only empty but it's broken.
    I'll spare the details but here's the bullets:
    • I didn't remind him of my nail appointment (which has occurred every two weeks on Wed since the beginning of time).
    • The display on his car must be going out because it was so dim he couldn't see it. We check it out, no problem found.
    • His daughter wants to take him to lunch/dinner on Sun for father's day but he's sure there will be lines... Ah..they have this great thing these days...it's called make a reservation.

There was something else...and my inner soul was desiring 10 oz of wine. I even logged it to see if it fit within my calorie range. It did.... but I didn't!

The scale was even favorable this morning🙂

6/15 A ~ 🍷🍷🍷 Intentional wine yesterday. Nice evening, cooked salmon and made a southwest salad (well, actually, I dumped it out of a bag from Sam's club🙂 , that counts!)
    Today I start a fast at noon that ends tomorrow morning, so no wine. Saturday and Sunday will probably have drinks then Monday is another fast so no wine.

My 2023 Stats...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    January
    AF = 53%
    A = 47%
    February
    AF = 29%
    A = 71%
    March
    AF = 0%
    A = 100%
    April
    AF = 14%
    A = 86%
    May
    AF = 23%
    A = 77%
    June
    AF = 33%
    A = 66%

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,568 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 18AF days in May.

I do this diary style, I normally post the next morning.

Friday June 16 - 2 drinks. Phew, that was my 12th of 12 workdays in a row. Really enjoyed getting into my jammies, having a couple of drinks and watching HGTV. Saturday will be catching up on grass cutting, laundry, house cleaning, weeding etc. Lots of festivities going on in the town, but I am not sure if I will venture out at all. Also unsure whether I may have a couple of drinks or not. No pressure or actual responsibilities today, just puttering.
    Saturday June 17 - Dinks, 3 altogether, 1 during a yard work break an 2 5 or 6 hours later. Going to try very hard to stay AF Sunday

Rolling total: 9AF day out of 17 days.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    June 17, 2023
    A = 8
    AF = 9

Fri: Couple of drinks while bowling, poured another after getting home... big mistake, and paid for it on Saturday.
    Sat: Going away dinner/party for a friend that is moving across the country, couple of glasses of wine over about 4 hours... feeling much better today!
    Sun: planning to stay AF today.

Happy Father's Day to all!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

I had 18AF days in May.

Sunday June 18 - AF - Not sure yet about drinks during the week, but I will have to be AF Thursday and Friday because of work commitments Friday and Saturday. Happy to see my 10th AF day, next to 16

Rolling total: 10AF day out of 18 days.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy congrats on your 10 AF this month! You are rocking this month.

@GaryM_25 it is so great to hear your updates on your twelve week challenge! That is an admirable amount of time to stick with a steady exercise and eating program and you must feel great. I also like the idea of one free day a week where you can choose some A and also not fret over calorie counting. I do think we can see continued results over the long term with consistently of our new habits.

Saturday and Sunday were both AF with 1 Stella NA 00 each night. My sons were out of town on vacation so I celebrated my DH on Father’s Day after church with a NY bone-in steak, grilled jumbo shrimp, a Caesar salad and steamed zucchini from a friends garden. I was personally happy it was a switch from our original menu of ribs, corn and potato salad. We will have ribs at another BBQ on the 4th of July weekend when all the guys are present. I know plenty of women who also love ribs, just not me lol.
    Dessert was homemade strawberry shortcakes (truvia for sugar on berries). I skipped the shortcake and piled the berries high with whipped cream and stayed within caloric range for the day. Feeling good about going into the new week.

June stats:
    AF - 11
    A - 7
  • itladyee
    Options
    Goals for June

Current Streak - AF = 0~

6/18 A ~ 🍷🍷🍷
    I think I had way too much fun this weekend. It was nice to just relax and the weather was perfect. Today - back on track and grabbing that caution that I threw to the wind this weekend!🙂

Today I'm supposed to be fasting to end my power week at 30 hours. I'm 14 hours in....and I'm not yet starving so fingers crossed. Tomorrow I go back to 18:6.

I'm actually trending for my second best AF month this year! If I finish "according to plan", I will tie my January best month!! All bets off for July / Vacation!!!

Success Days # 7
    Bonus Days # 6

AF = 6
    A = 12

6/1 A ~ Husband was excited as he had been off pain meds long enough to have a cocktails. He made pomegranate sours. Tasted really strong and really sweet to me since I had not had one in quite a while.

I've got to get it through my thick head....alcohol ruins weight loss....maybe I need to get out my paper and write it 500 times...

6/2 A ~ I got nothing!
    6/3 A ~

6/4 A ~ Moody today. Wine all weekend while watching Netflix shows. Bored too... can't wait for vacation! I've really got to focus on getting that "substitute" drink in my hand as soon as I get in the door.

6/6 AF ~ Yipee! 💚
    Came home, immediately poured by ICE/juice! I noticed that this signals my husband to not offer me a drink, cuz for some reason, I can't say no to an offer....

It was actually a good day all around. I get on the treadmill every morning (M-F) for 30 to 45 minutes. Monday and yesterday, I went out side for lunch for an extra 30 minute walk. I was under my calorie budget and stopped eating by 8pm. Consumed 80+ ounces of water but downside, was up a lot for bathroom breaks.

6/7 AF ~ Yipee! 💚
    Another good day. Treadmill + my outside walk. Low calorie day and was still in range, even though I had some Ruffles potato chips (another weakness). Consumed 64oz of water which resulted in less bathroom trips. Scale was favorable!

It's so weird. There are days when I think I just can't be AF, then when I accomplish the task, it's really not so bad🙂

6/8 AF ~ Yipee! 💚
    Treadmill + my outside walk. Almost didn't get the extra walk in as I had a project given to me when I normally would head out but I got it in. Low calorie day, still in range, with 15 calories to spare! Water above goal!

I plan to have a drink(s) this weekend (Friday or Saturday) but I'm excited about it as it's something different that might just "work". Funny, I was looking at my saved recipes in MFP and I ran across a "Low Carb Sangria". I do not recall making this before but it's 160 calories for 17 ounces (so 3+ 5oz glasses of "wine").

1 oz vodka

6/9 A
    6/10 A

6/11 A
    I had drinks all weekend and actually looking forward to an AF day today. Friday, I had to try the low carb sangria. It wasn't bad and a nice substitute for the volume. I'm going to count this as a success day though (1 wine, 1oz vodka). Had wine on Saturday and Prosecco on Sunday.

6/12 A

6/13 AF ~ Yipee! 💚

6/14 AF ~ Yipee! 💚 It was a close one! I love how this accountability makes you really learn about yourself. I'd say that 75% of the time that I drink wine, it's because I enjoy drinking wine. The other 25% is to escape. I'm sure I knew this but it really hits home when you are trying to be AF and you see/hear the little triggers that make you want to have a nice pour!

I am generally optimist and positive about most things. My husband, not so much. My glass is half full, his glass is not only empty but it's broken.
    • I didn't remind him of my nail appointment (which has occurred every two weeks on Wed since the beginning of time).
    • The display on his car must be going out because it was so dim he couldn't see it. We check it out, no problem found.
    • His daughter wants to take him to lunch/dinner on Sun for father's day but he's sure there will be lines... Ah..they have this great thing these days...it's called make a reservation.

There was something else...and my inner soul was desiring 10 oz of wine. I even logged it to see if it fit within my calorie range. It did.... but I didn't!

6/15 A ~ 🍷🍷🍷 Intentional wine yesterday. Nice evening, cooked salmon and made a southwest salad (well, actually, I dumped it out of a bag from Sam's club🙂 , that counts!)
    Today I start a fast at noon that ends tomorrow morning, so no wine. Saturday and Sunday will probably have drinks then Monday is another fast so no wine.

6/16 AF ~ Yipee! 💚

🙂🙂🙂 hot damn! the scale was a beautiful thing this morning! Tomorrow will be back up I'm sure as we did a little Father's day celebrating eating out for both breakfast and dinner and a few cocktails. Tomorrow will include a 3 Mile walk. Will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

6/17 A ~ 🍷🍷🍷
    A fun day yesterday.

My 2023 Stats...

January
    AF = 53%
    A = 47%
    February
    AF = 29%
    A = 71%
    March
    AF = 0%
    A = 100%
    April
    AF = 14%
    A = 86%
    May
    AF = 23%
    A = 77%
    June
    AF = 33%
    A = 67%
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Happy Father's Day to the dads out there. And happy vacation days to @Michieb125 & @Lilylady3k. Adjusting to the normal routine from vacation mode is truly a thing. It sounds like you guys did really well on vacation and are doing great getting back in the saddle, too.

@itladyee hope you find the rhythm that works best for you. Like @dawnbgethealthy, my normal eating pattern is a lot like accidental IF. I'm not much of a breakfast person (but solidly a coffee person) and I have an early-ish dinner. For whatever reason, I am lucky I never developed a snacking after dinner habit so I end up with a 11-7 "eating window" a lot of days.

Nice weekend with 2 of 3 DD. I had 3 drinks each day, not my goal of 2. @strongwendysue14 's strategy of pushing back the first drink helped me this weekend. It would have been worse if I had not declined wine at lunch and beers in the pool. Even though it was kind of tempting.

Looking to stay AF until Friday.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

I had 18AF days in May.

Sunday June 18 - AF - Not sure yet about drinks during the week, but I will have to be AF Thursday and Friday because of work commitments Friday and Saturday. Happy to see my 10th AF day, next to 16
    Monday June 19 - Drinks - A couple micro sips of a perfect Manhattan and then covered it and put it into the freezer. I had 2 other drinks later. Despite it being very cold and windy I got a few good hours in the garden, specifically to fight back the bindweed in my pear garden, and insidious bane of gardeners around here. I will post some photos.

Rolling total: 10AF day out of 19 days.
  • itladyee
    Options
    Goals for June

Current Streak - AF = 0~

6/19 A ~ 🍷🍷
    It was not a good idea to try for a 30 hour fast. I stopped at 21. I wasn't famished but I didn't think I would sleep well if I was super hungry - so 21 was good enough. Today back to 18:6 and planning meals and drinks for the rest of the week. :)

Success Days # 8
    Bonus Days # 6

AF = 6
    A = 13

6/2 A ~ I got nothing!
    6/3 A ~

6/6 AF ~ Yipee! 💚

6/7 AF ~ Yipee! 💚

6/8 AF ~ Yipee! 💚

1 oz vodka

6/9 A
    6/10 A

6/11 A

6/12 A

6/13 AF ~ Yipee! 💚

6/16 AF ~ Yipee! 💚

6/17 A ~ 🍷🍷🍷
    A fun day yesterday.

6/18 A ~ 🍷🍷🍷
    I think I had way too much fun this weekend. It was nice to just relax and the weather was perfect. Today - back on track and grabbing that caution that I threw to the wind this weekend!🙂

Today I'm supposed to be fasting to end my power week at 30 hours. I'm 14 hours in....and I'm not yet starving so fingers crossed. Tomorrow I go back to 18:6.

I'm actually trending for my second best AF month this year! If I finish "according to plan", I will tie my January best month!! All bets off for July / Vacation!!!

My 2023 Stats...

January
    AF = 53%
    A = 47%
    February
    AF = 29%
    A = 71%
    March
    AF = 0%
    A = 100%
    April
    AF = 14%
    A = 86%
    May
    AF = 23%
    A = 77%
    June
    AF = 31%
    A = 68%
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Monthly June goal: 20-22 AF days
    2 glass limit - a challenge this month so far, more like 2 plus 1.

I would like to see the scale drop to reach my BMI goal weight range by end of summer and it’s about 4 lbs to go. I am pretty certain I will need to increase more AF days and activity, and reduce snacking to make this happen.
    June stats:
    AF - 12
    A - 7