June 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo - called the 'Creampuff 5K'. Apparently it's a Wisco state fair staple. And all participants get one!
    2sk4041cuhm2.png

lywukpt99prf.png

Will probably drink the beer and box the creampuff and eat in my hotel room at the end of the night
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    This is my first post in the group.

Welcome @ashtonleigh12 I started here about three months ago. This thread has a bunch of tough birds that run and post. It's really motivated me so far. I've started to feel accountable to posting my goals and trying to keep them. Good luck starting, I hope to see you back soon.

• tarun_yadavA
    Options
    @polskagirl01 I remember that phone!!! Snake!!!
    Hope you guys find it

@ashtonleigh12 welcome πŸ™‚
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    June 1: Walk = 2.00 miles - trip to Hot Springs
    June 2: Wun/Walk = 2.00 miles - also mowed mom's lawn
    June 3: Walk = 2.00 miles - also mowed my lawn
    June 4: Walk = 2.00 miles
    June 5: Walk = 1.00 mile - Run = 2.25 miles - driveway laps
    June 6: Walk = 2.50 miles - Run = 2.00 miles - treadmill intervals plus tree debris for almost an hour
    June 7: Walk = 200 miles - treadmill
    June 8: Walk = 1.45 miles - Run = 1.80 miles - driveway laps
    June 9: Wun =2.25 miles - driveway laps
    June 10: Walk = 2.00 miles - Run = 1.50 miles - treadmill intervals
    June 11: Walk = 2.00 miles
    June 12: Walk = 1.45 miles - Run = 1.80 miles - driveway laps
    June 13: Walk - 1.58 miles - Run = 1.67 miles - around town during break at work
    June 14: Walk = 2.50 miles - Around town during my break at work
    June 15: Walk = 2.00 miles - Around town after work - doubles tennis for 2 hours
    June 16: Walk = 2.00 miles - treadmill after push mowing for 51 minutes
    June 17: Walk = 0.80 miles - Run = 0.45 miles - treadmill
    June 18: Walk = 2.00 miles - driveway laps
    June 19: Walk = 2.00 miles - treadmill - not feeling well
    June 20: Walk = 2.25 miles - treadmill
    June 21: Walk = 2.00 miles - Run = 1.50 miles - treadmill

53.00/80 miles goal

Did a treadmill session this afternoon. I didn't want to push it too hard, but I felt pretty good once I got going. I did the quarter mile intervals again..walk/run at 3.8/5.0-5.5 mph. Total was 3.50 miles for an avg pace of 13:55 min/mile. Avg HR was 122 with a max of 153 bpm. The running totaled 1.50 miles in 17:08 min for an 11:25 min/mile (5.25 mph) pace. I'm happy with that today.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Laurz9191 Glad your run was better and fun today. Yes, do try to remember to take water. You don't want to get dehydrated.

@tarun_yadavA I like a good creampuff. Wisconsin State Fair sounds like an awesome running venue. Have you ran that one before?

Welcome @ashtonleigh12 . Those runs where your legs are like bricks are hard, but you did it! That's awesome!

Hugs @polskagirl01 ! So sorry about the phone. Adding anything to your day when it was already full is hard. Hears to hoping you don't crash in the morning and get everything done you need to do before your trip.

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,441 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your kid's lost phone @polskagirl01 😞 Being that old I can't imagine anyone else getting any use of it. Hope y'all find it just for sentimental reasons!
    @ashtonleigh12 welcome! Not sure about doing 31 days of 3 miles if you are just starting out. Take it slow and steady.

Did 6 TM miles after work.

exercise.png
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    Saw this whilst scrolling on Facebook in the morning sipping my morning chai

Thought of you guys in Texas and running in the heat
    From one of those YouTuber content creator types... (Does funny sketches on Southern things)
    onj0cjwwmf3e.png
  • Glow87
    Glow87 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Afternoon :)

June 2nd - 3.1km (treadmill)
    June 3rd - 3.5km (treadmill)
    June 4th - 7.05km (outside
    June 5th - 4.75km (outside)
    June 7th - 2.69km (outside)
    June 8th - 3.0km (treadmill)
    June 10th - 9.67km (outside)
    June 12th - 2.26km (outside) + 3km (treadmill)
    June 16th - 6.5km (outside)
    June 19th - 3.1km (outside)
    June 20th - 3.1km (treadmill) + 5.9km (outside)
    June 21st - 4.94km (outside)
    June 22nd - 5.41km (outside)

64.97 / 75
  • Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hey @Scott6255 , you improved your workout by 100%! Congrats ;). Next time aim for 4% completion?

@Mari33a I think that’s a huge VO2max increase IMO. I would definitely be proud of that and the weight loss too! I think when I really lost weight (over 30 lbs) and got my fitness back after having my third my VO2 max only went up a few points.

@tarun_yadavA Cream Puff 5k? Where do you find these races? It sounds like it will definitely be a fun.

@katharmonic I’m glad you could join the race even if you had to walk it! It sounded like fun.

No run for me today, just enjoying reading all the posts :).

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    Great treadmill session yesterday @Scott6255 ! Fantastic speed intervals this morning.

You are doing great with your recovery @katharmonic ! I hear you on walking seeming to take so long sometimes. You're co-workers 3rd place win was an awesome pace and love that so many of you participated in whatever capacity you could. I have all the confidence in the world that you will be back to running in no time. What timeframe did the doctor give you?

Great run @kgirlhart and so glad that the neighbor let you run through her watering hose. I hope tomorrow morning is cooler, as predicted.

You're doing great @chris_in_cal ! When is your race?

HAHAHA regrading the heat. I'm glad your come back is going well @tarun_yadavA .

You are doing great @Mari33a . I wouldn't worry about the VO2Max too much.

You're doing great @SummerSkier !
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Mari33a wrote: Β»
    In January this year Garmin said mine was 37 and now its at 42. My weight has dropped 24 lbs in that time and I have been either on my spin bike or running almost everyday.

Not to contradict the sentiment of your post too much, but, THAT IS AWESOME! Congrats.
    πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰