WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2023

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    Heather- you and Johnny look like you are having an awesome time..im do glad..
    Im over with Miles who is snoozing..
    I missed the little guy..
    They got me a Hampton Beach sweatshirt blanket for my birthday.. ,I love a good blanket...
    Watching the weather for up North. Stormy most of the weekend on and off,but being away and at the lake will be wonderful..
    I didn't sleep well at all last night tossed and turned .. oh well..
    Have to.call the sleep dr office ,they sent the script to the medical supply place andd they sent the hosing and nose gear ,but not the head gear that holds it on.. so will have to see if they csn work there magic.I ordered it from amazon,but it should be covered by my insurance.
    Machka- let us know about your xray of the elbow...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,534 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,048 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Annie how old is the detector? If resetting it did not work it might need to be replaced. The age life span is 10 years. Wrote this before you had success. Yeah!

Finally got some decent rain. We will be in the 80's this week with some rain. Plan to enjoy the week.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Lisa, great job on the finances!

Tracey and Lisa, thanks for the encouragement on my sister challenge. After overeating yesterday, I'm not too hungry today, so maybe I can shave off some extra calories. But I don't want to cut healthy food to support my sugar habit. Hmm.

Heather, glad you are having such a great time! Looks lovely! And glad you have a wonderful companion!

Margaret, you are right all the detectors are due for replacement. We should work on that before it beeps again. What is that word- proactive? No that sounds foreign to me. Lol!

Machka active recovery is tricky when my normal exercise is not very intense. A lot of what they recommend for active recovery is what I do for normal exercise.

But I can give it a try. My bike is set to a resistance of four. I might go higher soon, and then I could turn down the resistance on rest days.

Allie hope you can get the CPAP working again. Ti slept very well last night, after lousy sleep the night before. But I dreamed about my ex husband again. Wish he would stay out of my brain. I woke up mad at him again. I haven't heard from him in five years.

Have a great day my friends!

Annie in Delaware
  • myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Yesterday I bought two new hummingbird feeders to replace the ones I dislike. I plan to put up the new ones later today if weather cooperates. So far it is a windy day.🤞🏻🤞🏻 🤞🏻

Katla in Illinois
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,199 Member
    Options
    It was HOT this afternoon!!! :p We walked around town, and I bought some dried reindeer strips and elk salami (!)for the grandchildren. They have rather sweet pictures on the front. They love trying weird things.
    Bought some chocolate for our next-door neighbour, who is watering the geraniums, and, for us, some liquorice, and smoked trout from the Lofoten Islands, where we are going next. :)
    I was totally knackered by the time I got back, having called in at the Christmas shop on the way. I would have bought something, but Norway is mega expensive.
    So, for the first time, I had to take the lift, because I couldn't lift my legs up for 10 flights and my thigh was complaining bitterly.
    A couple of photos from my walk. You can see our ship with the yellow funnel. A young boy gave me a flower while I was taking the first photo.
    04z57x9e8f6w.jpg
    ark2anlgzx8h.jpg

Relaxing now. Kidney starter, then duck tonight. A red wine night. We usually have a posh pinot noir, from Burgundy, which is not too heavy.
    Lunch was fresh tuna salad and salmon in a cream and herb sauce with a rutabaga and potato crust.

Canapés arriving soon. :p I'm actually quite hungry after my walk. I was out for 105 minutes. T shirt weather. In the Arctic!

Love Heather , who is glad she was not in the coach that broke down this morning. It was quite the journey, with hairpin bends and up in the clouds. Xxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,832 Member
    Options
    June 2023 Happiness

Word of the year: Appreciate : today I appreciate a good night’s sleep.

Exercise goals added
    Yoga 10 mins 3 times a week 0/15 (100%,100%,80%,73%,.1%)
    Walk 7,000 every day 12/30 (84%,86%,94%,93%,65%)
    6 min HIIT -1x a day start April 1- 1/30 (93%,0)
    Arm weights twice a week 1/10 (100%, 60%hurt my elbow, hurt my shoulder 30%,50%,0)
    Meditation: daily. 8/30(82%(started Feb)94%,100%, 74%)

Feeling overwhelmed and lethargic this month. Taking a break from the list above until I feel more in control. I am also having a bursitis/arthritis/tendinitis attack this month. Doctor prescribed something for me to try. Which seems to be working for my mood. My colitis has also come back. 2 weeks straight as of 6/4/23, and now constipated and nausea. Worried about Brad.

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 8/8–(100%,100%,0%,0%,0)
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 7840,6796, 8187,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 3/2 —(100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 110/208—(100%,100%,100%,50%, 83% should be 103 by July 1)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)46/94 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,(100%,100%,100%,0%,100%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 11/15 (100%,88%,100,100%,100%,100%)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 23/12 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 6/12—(100%.100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25 (100%,100%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200 (100%,100%,100%)

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met
    July met — met
    August met
    September met
    October met —
    November met—
    December met—

1. Decide to look for what’s good every day this month. Started with friendly people.
    2. Say positive things in your conversations with others. I will try, but people annoy me.
    3. Re-frame a worry and try to find a helpful way to think about it. This will be about my son. Not sure how to re-frame it but will find a way today. I must realize he is a full grown man and in charge of his own life.
    4. Take a photo of something that brings you joy and share it.
    5. Think of 3 things you’re grateful for and write them down. 1. My family, 2. A roof over my head, 3. Enough food to eat.
    6. Get out into green space and feel the joy that nature brings. every day!
    7. Do something healthy that makes you feel good. 2 walks so far. And therapist today.
    8. Find joy in music: sing, play, dance, listen or share. To be accomplished.
    9. Ask a friend what made them happy recently. Did this on my trip to Lubbock to get my car back finally. Was a great day!
    10. Bring joy to others by doing something kind for them. Will report on this later! Gave a family some Little Debbie cookies.
    11. Eat good food that makes you happy and really savor it. Will do! Yesterday had a salad made from lettuce, onion, peppers, and tomato from my garden. The dressing was homemade too! Mmmmmm
    12. Write a gratitude letter to thank someone. To be done! Sent my GS a thank you note for being my grandchild!
    13. Take a light-hearted approach. Choose to see the funny side. Already happening after a very stressful day yesterday.
    14. Share a happy memory with someone who means a lot to you. Will do.
    15. Look for something to be thankful for where you least expect it. This will be fun to find things. How about turtle eggs on the beach that have to be moved to not be crushed.
    16. Speak to others in a warm and friendly manner. I will try.
    17. Take time to notice things that you find beautiful. Will do! Watched people enjoying the lake on a beautiful Saturday!
    18. Look for something good in a difficult situation. My son is getting help from a social worker who is including me.
    19. Get outside and find the joy in being active.Too hot today, 105 degrees at 1;45 pm!
    20. Rediscover and enjoy a fun childhood activity. Going to color! Didn’t do this. I must make time to do this.
    21. Send a positive note to a friend who needs encouragement. Forgot to do this
    22. Watch something funny and enjoy how it feels to laugh. There is a funny tv show called “The Neighbors” about humans living next door to aliens that makes me laugh. Will watch that today.
    23. Create a playlist of uplifting songs to listen to. I have one already!
    24. Bring to mind a favorite memory you feel grateful for. Boating on the Cumberland River in TN. So peaceful!
    25. Show your appreciation to people who are helping others. Will do if i have the opportunity.
    26. Make time to do something playful just for the fun of it. I will try to remember!
    27. Be kind to you. Do something that brings you joy.
    28. Notice how positive emotions are contagious among people.
    29. Share a friendly smile with people you see today.
    30. Make a list of the joys in your life and keep adding to it.

RVRita
  • Anniesquats100
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Okay, so far I have boiled the beans for two minutes, and set them aside to soak for an hour, per the package directions. I sauteed onion and garlic, then added celery mushroom and carrots. I cleaned the neck bones, then added water and the neck bones to the pot. So the neck bones can get a head start and simmer for four hours, and I can add the beans halfway through.

My shirt is all wet from rinsing. You can tell I don't do this much.

Oh geez what if the beans don't fit in the big pot? I hope it cooks down!

Annie in Delaware
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    It cooked down enough. But it is one big pot of soup! I'm a little uneasy about how to get all the bones out. I usually burn my fingers doing that, because it takes patience.

Meanwhile I'm doing well on my diet today. I think I will make up for some of the overage yesterday.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    Heather your getting me excited for my cruise..
    Miles is such a cutie..he is learning all sorts of words now. And when I went to leave he blows me kisses,he doesn't do that for just anyone ..only special people..
    Tracy stopped at Carmines school and got her book for her to catch up on IT thats what she changed to from Carpentry..and thats what Seth graduated with a degree in.
    Found out Tracy had rented a place so both Seth and Carmine could have gone with them and Carmine decided to whole up at her grandmothers instead..
    Oh well.
    I couldn't find Alfie when I got home. He was in the doggie bed I got for the car glad he likes it.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Annie ~ I hope your beans come out well!

Carol in GA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Got home this morning. Long and stressful weekend but mom had a good party which is the reason I was there.
    Rushed home this morning after a late night to be home in time for my daycare girl and she came in 2 1/2 hrs late. Mom took the day off because their dog died last night.
    Have 6 pages to read to catch up here.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    It cooked down enough. But it is one big pot of soup! I'm a little uneasy about how to get all the bones out. I usually burn my fingers doing that, because it takes patience.

Meanwhile I'm doing well on my diet today. I think I will make up for some of the overage yesterday.

Annie in Delaware

I use a slotted spoon. Granted that's usually before I've put the beans in, but it should still work.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR