• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,800 Member
    Options
    so hopefully not a million miles off from being back to normal

Tarun... I am not even going to respond to that..... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‡πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I am on a "sleep" challenge with some friends. I'm trying to go to bed at 10:00 p.m., ten nights in a row. I didn't make it the first two nights (10:30 & 10:15) but I'm getting there.
    10:45 last night. This is hard. Usually I do my best work after midnight. :)
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    @chris_in_cal More sleep is always a good call. It's a great habit to build. I can't remember the last time I saw midnight!

@Scott6255 You're doing great on your RTY goal. I also though yesterday was Thursday all day. Such a disappointment that I have to go back to work tomorrow.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @chris_in_cal I feel like I would excel in a sleep challenge :) I've always needed a lot of sleep and I often get into bed pretty early. But I often take my laptop and phone with me so I know that's not good.

Nice job making your June goal @martaindale. Sorry it was a rough one to end on. Enjoy your rest day.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    so hopefully not a million miles off from being back to normal

Tarun... I am not even going to respond to that..... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‡πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚

@SummerSkier ok ok... Don't want to jinx it
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Getting your consistency back @tarun_yadavA. Your recovery is going great πŸ˜ƒ

Got 7 miles outside this morning. Yesterday I thought today was going to be Friday πŸ˜’ so was thinking this was the last day of June. Oh well, I am half way through the RTY challenge, and almost 100 miles ahead of my target πŸ˜ƒ

exercise.png

@Scott6255 thank you Sir! 😊
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @tarun_yadavA I hope it won't be a million miles off...

You're doing great @Scott6255 ! Excellent mileage for the year so far.

@martaindale You are doing great for those conditions. It's no wonder your run was hard. I'm glad you found some sprinklers to help. Enjoy your rest day tomorrow. Thanks for setting up July.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,800 Member
    Options
    and June is almost a wrap. I can say that even a stupid cold takes forever to recover from it seems anymore. Maybe I am just sensitive to my fitness but really it's taken almost all month from the sore throat on the 1st to seeing my resting HR back to a normal level.

I have great hopes for July and our weather looks to be more "normal" with 90's in the daytime and mid 70's in the morning for my runs. Also hopefully 100% injury recovery and no more viruses!

In the past I have tried to just bully thru illness and injury to some extent but this time I chose to be a baby. Not sure that it totally made any difference tho. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

My original goal was 90 miles and then I dropped it to 60 halfway thru. I will be happy with ending at 75 if I get a short run in this morning.

The columns are miles, month cum year cum and intentional walking

k8oo0p3d6rsk.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Great running @kgirlhart . I'm glad your mom enjoyed her birthday.

You did great @SummerSkier . It does seem to take longer to get over an illness as we get older.

I'm glad you are getting back into the grove @tarun_yadavA ! Thanks for the kudos.

Glad you made it to PA @polskagirl01 . It sounds very peaceful there. I know all of your family wants to see you, but it is hard to entertain when you are so tired. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Welcome @qwerty9134 . That first step off of the couch is often the hardest. You've got this. Join us in the July thread that @martaindale set up above. Don't forget to bookmark it so you can find us easily.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Welcome @qwerty9134! Lots of people here started with c25k. It's a great way to get moving! See you in the July thread.