What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• laurachambers86
    laurachambers86 Posts: 152 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Saturday - still feeling the aftereffects of my migraine so just went for two 30-40 minute walks.

Sunday - finally felt better, went for my usual horse ride for an hour. Didn't go crazy but it was good for my soul :) pony cuddles are always the best.

Today - spinning class this evening, didn't push as hard as usual but still feel much better for getting back at it.
  • Ernest_Nigma
    Ernest_Nigma Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I helped at a club event from early until after noon but otherwise called it a rest day. I used the elliptical this morning for 17 minutes. Just before lunch, I ran on the treadmill for a half hour and at the 30 minute mark just barely got up to the same peak heart rate as during a 20 minute run last week. Progress.
  • justanotherjen13
    justanotherjen13 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Did 1.44 miles today on my walk including going up the steep hill next to my house to start out then walking all through one section of my neighborhood and back for a different view.
  • Nightfly01
    Nightfly01 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Front squats 10x3
    A1) Dips 4x6
    Rest 30
    A2) machine rows 4x6
    B1) rope pushdowns (all the benches were tied up
    B2) barbell curls 4x6

I went at a very high intensity.
  • Nightfly01
    Nightfly01 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    4km run to work, 4km back then an 8km cycle with my kids bike trailer. I will also cycle home.. So will cycle another 8km. Total time 20 + 20 + 30 + 30 = 1hr40

You don’t live in the US do you? 😀
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    Weights: Lower Power

Deadlift 5x5
    BB Hip Thrust 3x5
    One-Leg Press 3x8
    Seated Leg Curl 3x8
    Calf Extension 4x12
    Cable Crunch 3x10
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Taking a recovery approach to this week. My wife and I are heading out for a 3 night camping trip at the beach. We're planning to do some cycling and kayaking as well as plenty of hanging around. I'm also going to continue learning to jump rope. That's been a big dose of humility so far, lol.
  • justanotherjen13
    Options
    My walk was 1.41 miles today and I felt pretty good through most of it. I noticed my left leg was a little more sore because that was the side with the driveways (which puts that foot at a weird angle every time I cross a driveway and the houses are close together here so lots of driveways right on top of each other) but it didn't bother me too much. I was lost in thought most of the time and didn't even realize I was almost home at the end.

This marks two straight weeks of walking at least a mile every day. I'm thinking of adding some wall pushups. I used to try to do 5 every time I used the bathroom which can be quite a few, especially with my morning coffee, lol. But maybe a solid three times a day with ten wall push-ups each time. Just to add some upper body stuff.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,263 Member
    Options
    Three hours in the dentist chair....
  • Ernest_Nigma
    Options
    Swimming early this morning, 50m lanes, 1800m all as 100m repeats with lots of rest. Just adding up some meters to get reacquainted with the swim. Shortly after getting home, I used the elliptical for 15 minutes at an easy rate just to loosen up. I've been eager to get back to some kind of cycling but lately its either been too smokey or severe thunder storm warnings. So to stay inside, I went to the gym this afternoon and spun the pedals on a stationary bike for an hour. I've yet to get the cycling trainer set up in the basement again but soon.
  • nossmf
    Options
    My usual Wednesday cardio day, an hour on the elliptical doing hills.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I went climbing yesterday. It was a pretty poor session, although it was good fun. I did flash a v4 slab, which was truly terrifying. (Most v4s I get are probably softly graded. This one actually felt quite hard; I made some good decisions en route.)

I lifted today, doing:
    Hangboarding, quite light as I had an A4 pulley injury recently. (I ignored it, and it seems to have gone away.)
    Finger curls. Again light, I went to 40 kgs.
    Bench, light (notice a theme?), 49 kgs, 3 sets of 10.
    Squat, light, 60 kgs, 3 sets of 8.

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,187 Member
    Options
    I have been slacking on the reports!

Monday, 7/17, rowed a double with a guy I've never rowed double with before. Silly-big weight differential (he's 210, I'm 130), and the boat's rigged weird so I have to row bow (usually you'd put the heavier person in bow). It was a little rocky - literally! - at first, but we made some adjustments including foot position (the shoes are attached to the boat, but you can move them closer to stern or bow) . . . and it ended up fine.

Yesterday, just a short and lovely meandering walk in a local garden with a friend.

Today, 7/19, I rowed a double again with the same guy. Right after, I and another club member moved a bunch of boats/oars displaced when workers installed a French drain at the boathouse. (I think the robin that had been nesting in our oar rack was scared off, sadly!). Tonight, I volunteered at open rowing, but merely carried a few boats, and did a tiny row to demo/teach river turns for one of the new rowers. (River turn = back on one side, row on the other . . . but don't think of it that way because that overcomplicates things!).
  • Ernest_Nigma
    Options
    I did the early morning 15 minutes elliptical yesterday but got distracted (or lazy) and didn't do a planned run. There are other commitments later today so if any workouts were happening then I had to start early. That got me to the pool in time to use the 50m lanes again. 2100m in a few longer continuous swims. Then shower, change, home, a quick piece of fruit, and change again to run on the treadmill for 20 minutes. All done before 8:30.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 4x12
    Machine Fly 3x12
    BB Row 4x10
    Pulldown 3x10
    Machine Lateral Raise 4x12
    Machine Curl <superset> Machine Pushdown 3x10
    Perloff Press 3x15sec
  • justanotherjen13
    Options
    Went on a slightly longer walk today in another part of my neighborhood where there wasn't such a steep incline on the way home. Did 1.48 miles but my knee was bothering me the whole time. It was doing well for a while but now it's back to aching and creaking really loud. At least the smoke cleared sometime last night so I didn't have to worry about that.
  • ReReNotMe
    ReReNotMe Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Cycling for work today (I work as a carer so cycle between clients) so rest day from the gym.

Yesterday though was weightlifting so

Full body stretch
    Warm up with barbell
    Clean + jerk
    Clean pulls
    Back squats
    Running to the bus stop and skipping the accessories
    Night time shoulder stretching for rehab
  • ReReNotMe
    ReReNotMe Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I workout at home. Today was

Jillian Michaels Slim 60 - Intermediate Day 16
    Alternating Squat to Curtsey lunge
    Stiff leg Deadlift
    Jump Squats
    Pulsing Lunges (left side)
    Front Lunge to Side Lunge (left side)
    repeat (changing from left to right side)

Hammer Curls
    Bicep Curls
    Rock Star Jumps
    Warrior 3 (left leg)
    Crescent Pose with Reverse Flies (left leg)
    repeat (changing from left to right)

Alternating Renegade Row
    Alternating Leg Press in Bear
    Bear Kicks
    Superman Swimmers
    Extended Plank
    Repeat

And Just Dance for 30 mins nonstop shuffle mode for some cardio.

Love me some just dance. Always fun. Same with learning new K-pop dances haha