LESS Alcohol ~ JULY 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,629 Member
    Options
    @forestdweller1

You are such a great writer. Seeing a post from you really starts my day off so well, thank you!

Oh gosh y'all about the Cardinals, I had no idea!

@MissMay I am so happy for you with your new job.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 18AF days in May.

I do this diary style:

Wednesday July 19 - Drinks. Made myself a Mojito out of my Ginger Mint, very delicious and different. Planned AF for the next 5 days.
    Thursday July 20 - AF - Quite smoky here on Thursday, pretty much stayed inside.
    Friday July 21 - AF - I probably could have had drinks last night after my 2 jobs because I only have 1 on Saturday that doesn't start until 3. I have plans to walk over to the Farmer's Market, do some weeding and some watering. Very hot here, so I am grateful that I wake up so early in the mornings before it gets too hot.

Rolling total: 13AF days out of 21 days.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    @ahoy_m8 such an adorable photo of you and your husband. Glad it was a nice get a way. Was that a golf course?

It was a mountain trail that kinda kicked my *kitten*, TBH https://www.hikingproject.com/trail/7093550/nambe-lake-out-and-back
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Nice late afternoon sail yesterday, and will be on the boat all day with my sister in laws’s family. Should be fun! I had one drink in the boat and a glass of wine when I got home. I’ll stick to two drinks today in some combination. I need a vacation from all the fun.

@MissMay so glad the new job is awesome! And what a view!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @Womona

So glad that you got out for a sail!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

I had 18AF days in May.

I do this diary style:

Saturday July 22 - AF - Planned AF for Sunday also, 2 jobs for Monday, so we'll see about Monday night.

Rolling total: 14AF days out of 22 days.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Fun product discovery last night in the LA (vs AF) wine department!

Ok, I confess I did not stick to my plan to drink tequila at the party. I saw people with glasses of wine and that just looked good. They were serving 2 reds and 1 white -- a Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc. DH downed 2 glasses like it was water, and after dinner we sauntered to the bar for refills and noticed the bottle was clear vs dark green we're accustomed to seeing. DH inquired, and it is Kim Crawford "Illuminati" (="Light", clever, no?). I could tell after 1 glass it was lower alcohol, but we agreed it tasted the same as full tilt Kim Crawford. Searched it when I got home. It's made 60% with regular SV with alcohol removed blended with 40% regular resulting in a product that's roughly half the alcohol (<7% ABV) and calories of normal Kim Crawford with the same taste. I really enjoyed it. Probably enjoyed it MORE because it was LA, to be honest.

This group laments how terrible AF wine is, but this, my friends, was a perfectly serviceable LA wine. I will buy this for home. I like Kim Crawford. It's not the best SV out there, but is is a good basic that we do have at home from time to time. KC evidently makes a rose "Illuminati" and I'd like to try that, too.

Apologies if this "product discovery" has already been discussed. New to me.
    ETA spelling

I can't wait to look for this wine! It sounds perfect!!!

Yes!!!! I was going to say the exact same thing!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

I had 18AF days in May.

I do this diary style:

Saturday July 22 - AF - Planned AF for Sunday also, 2 jobs for Monday, so we'll see about Monday night.
    Sunday July 23 - AF - I will have to find some time to cut my grass! Not this morning since I am watering, and plan to do the same tomorrow since it is so hot and stuff dries out quickly. I might have drinks tonight after the completion of my second job of the day. We'll see.

Rolling total: 15AF days out of 23 days.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @globalhiker you say wise words….I believe there is so much more to life when we take charge of our own destiny (happiness, joy, truth, achievements, contentment). May you and each of us seek and find. You are worth it.

@forestdweller1 Hope you are all squared away with your important medications.

@ahoy_m8 I so appreciate the new KC SV find you mention here. While at my grocery store yesterday, my little eye spied it and the name alone is very alluring. Immediately, a bottle found its way into my cart. I plan to save it for the weekend and will report back! A big bonus is also 70 calories per serving :wink:

The heat wave has finally broken, and we’re looking at 70’s and 80’s for this week and part of next, oh the possibilities to get outside. Heading to the gym this morning and will see where the day takes me.

July goal: 21-22 AF days
    AF - 15
    A - 8

“We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.” — Chuck Swindoll