WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,006 Member
    Options
    Kim, if you were closer I would love to be my taste tester.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,646 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,371 Member
    Options
    Just texted Denise and Pete. Said that since they didn’t respond to Vince’s text about us coming up the weekend of Aug. 19 and 20, we assume it’s Ok so we’ll be there the evening of the 18th and leave early on the 21st. Really, we need to make plans. Update: she texted Vince that that would be fine.

Just made another loaf of sourdough bread for us. I found that if I get it ready right after work, it can rise while I’m in the pool, then it can be baked around dinner time.

Terri – Happy Anniversary! What an accomplishment – 57 years!!!

Rebecca – sinuses, joints, etc. are much better weather indicators than the weatherman. Sometimes I think they’d benefit from looking out the window

Lanette – my favorite part of the newspaper is the comics...lol

Went for a walk around the block

I glance at the headlines in the paper and figure Vince will give me the highlights if I need them. I do the same with election debates. I go do my thing and depend on Vince to give me the highlights

Tracey – Con very Gratulations on the acceptance!

Michele NC
    who will take a shower and then make up the bed in the back bedroom
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Lanette thank you for your kind words!

Kim you are right. Taking care of myself is not rude. I need to stop thinking like that.

Tracey thank you and Congratulations!

Annie in Delaware
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,966 Member
    Options
    :)Tracey, congratulations on being accepted into college. Enjoy the experience and don't worry about the future. Worrying won't help.

:)Heather, I understand your hesitancy at committing to travel reservations. I had similar reservations today about ordering two pairs of jeans in a style ever not worn before. It took me a day to decide even though I knew that I could return them easily for a small fee.

:)Michele, Congrats to you for announcing to Denise when you would be coming.

:) It was a chilly drizzly day today so after lunch I treated myself to a nap. We had some errands to do and decided that since Jake waxed the car yesterday, we wouldn't go out in the rain. The errands can wait until tomorrow.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• myvt9v4crh
    myvt9v4crh Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,792 Member
    Options
    Lanette - I love your chicken stories. A couple of ladies at work had chickens and sold us eggs, some were so tiny, some were green coloured, some were peachy coloured. Very interesting.

Luxury plank vinyl is good for wet areas too. We have had it in our bathroom for 5 years now and love it. It cleans so easily.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Flea - The course is 45 weeks. I will start Aug 7 and end June 21. I won’t be able to start work until next September which is a bit frightening, but we’ll get through.

Is there a historical society or state archive place you could donate the photos and any stories you have. I have been looking at doing this as I have old tin pictures from my grandmother. I don’t want to leave these to my girls to deal with either.

Tracey

If they are taken in a specific area, go to that cities historical society. I did for my high school year books, and all state choir album. They gladly took them as I am sure the historical society would. Check with your local librarian, for contact information.👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • butterfly3215
    butterfly3215 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! My son recently started my fitness pal (I've been using it for years. But he recently lost 10 pounds and got this message congratulating him with confetti and a 10 on the page! I've never got anything like that. I think it could be really motivating for me. I recently hit a goal and would have loved that! Any ideas how I can get that?
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,868 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,647 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Flea - are you on ancestry? you could make a page there and post a picture or two, because while she had no children, there could be a sister or brother of her/ her mom or her dad that has living relations.

The Mormon church might be interested as well, genealogy is important to them.

I have friends really into genealogy and they would be delighted to find about a side shoot of the family. and really fun for a current relation to find out that Fern is a family name, or that they look like cousin Fern.

smiles Kim
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Lisa Etc love it, miss both Janets too. Normal range hemoglobin? Hooray!! Eat then no pain? WowowWOW! ! !
    Lanette, well done, Gladys! Btw :love: the vintage Tupperware, have that one in pink too.
    Michele I’d be happy to have my weight stay in your same range ;)
    Allie 5 weeks for bloodwork results? Sheesh.
    Rebecca thanks so much for the backstory, more details than I remember. “science experiments in the crisper drawer” been there done that don’t wanna go back again. ;)
    Tracey you would be a gift to any young person who needed your guidance.
    Heather back to running and writing all in the same day? Well done!
    Beth I too am reducing/eliminating dairy to see if it helps and the first two days seem to be proving the theory. Hope it’s a matter of quantity and I can still indulge in an ounce of cheese a few times a week. Sad to say goodbye to cottage cheese for breakfast and yoghurt for dessert but if it moves things along… :naughty:
    Rebecca I like your system for mushrooms and will try it. Uh oh, guess I’ll have to pick up some mochi . . . ;}
    Lanette love the chickens’ names especially “Big Thelma” :} Would you share a sample of your good habits spreadsheet?
    Rosemarie congratulations on the 7 miles and 3 lbs. Well done!
    Allie:love: Miles’ smiles.
    Michele I’d love to see the flamingo ice cube mold ;) Joe is a big fan of ‘em.
    Debbie I no longer even try to comment on all the posts, but just can’t help adding my two cents to too many…
    Rita ((gentle hugs)) hope the antibiotics kick that infection quickly. Fingers X’d for your son’s job prospects.
    Annie :love: your “Yay”s when you report. Reminds me of Terri’s recommendation to celebrate all the little successes. Well done!
    Ginny that was a scary spell. Glad you know how to handle it and didn’t fall.

Belated best birthday wishes to Karen in VA, Katla, Evelyn and Beth’s mom. Being a week behind, stinks!
    But time to sleep now.
    Gratitudes:
    7/20 the cloud of good models that surrounds me.
    7/19 Joe overcoming his initial resistance and instead embracing and expanding the suggestion to put bug out supplies in the van.
    07/19: Move: 2 sets PT w/x&a, line dancing. Steps:8114
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=3 CI=1789 CO=732
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, BiMart, play with plants. Wt:131.6
    07/18: Move: 2 sets PT w/d, dogs to powerline, line dancing. Steps:8074
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=-5 CI=1422 CO=965
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, casserole-a-thon. Wt: 132.5

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. July: Move more, fuel better (less sugar), live NOW.