WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2023

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,485 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all,

Terri - Thanks for the explanation. Your participation in so many activities makes me envy your energy. :smiley:

Barbara AHMOD - Thank you! I'm not sure it will feel real until the first of August goes by and there's no mortgage payment taken from the bank account. As someone else said, it's a pity there's no mortgage paper left to set on fire to celebrate. It's like my older laptop was waiting for the house payoff to die... it was the computer I used to set up and pay off the mortgage. I'll just have to burn down the drive on it to make up for the mortgage burning. (Geek joke. B) )

Heather - Your London trip sounds both wonderful and utterly exhausting!

I feel as if I should accomplish something, but my headspace is all taken up by the dread of the colonoscopy prep beginning tomorrow and the procedure itself on Tuesday. I'm getting myself too worked up over it, I know. I just need to relax and get my mind off it, but the thought of two days with only clear liquids is seriously making me twitchy. Then again, Corey's making me grilled shrimp tonight, my favorite meal.

Rebecca, I've seen you deal with self-directed fasts for 24 hours and more; how do you make it through? Any hints from anyone else who has fasted for 48 hours or more?

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR, trying to get over myself and quit whining... :neutral:
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all,

Terri - Thanks for the explanation. Your participation in so many activities makes me envy your energy. :smiley:

Barbara AHMOD - Thank you! I'm not sure it will feel real until the first of August goes by and there's no mortgage payment taken from the bank account. As someone else said, it's a pity there's no mortgage paper left to set on fire to celebrate. It's like my older laptop was waiting for the house payoff to die... it was the computer I used to set up and pay off the mortgage. I'll just have to burn down the drive on it to make up for the mortgage burning. (Geek joke. B) )

Heather - Your London trip sounds both wonderful and utterly exhausting!

I feel as if I should accomplish something, but my headspace is all taken up by the dread of the colonoscopy prep beginning tomorrow and the procedure itself on Tuesday. I'm getting myself too worked up over it, I know. I just need to relax and get my mind off it, but the thought of two days with only clear liquids is seriously making me twitchy. Then again, Corey's making me grilled shrimp tonight, my favorite meal.

Rebecca, I've seen you deal with self-directed fasts for 24 hours and more; how do you make it through? Any hints from anyone else who has fasted for 48 hours or more?

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR, trying to get over myself and quit whining... :neutral:

Hey Lisa, my last colonoscopy I fasted prior just so I wouldn't be dealing with so much. The day prior to drinking the prep mix I fasted. Water only. By the afternoon of the next day I was drinking the prep. Use that "green tinned bag balm" for your nether region, as a barrier for what is coming out during the night. Believe me, its strong stuff and you get painfully sore. In your 23rd hour of fasting you can get really amped up, like gitty! You can feel really cold too. Your body's energy is going into the vital stuff so feet and hands can become really cold. I took a hot shower the night before my procedure. By the time I got out of recovery, I was like 42 hrs fasted. Remember it takes a while for your digestive system to click on. Eat small amounts and realize it takes time. It took maybe 4 days to have a bowel movement afterwards. All in all a good experience. You got this.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,425 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Rebecca, I knew you'd have sound advice. You're a peach!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,980 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Today I am going to try to figure out where I left off, just over a week ago, before things got so hectic!

For those that don't know, I work a 9-day fortnight and last week was one of my 5-day weeks.

I had meetings piled on meetings, work to do in the evenings, heaps of decisions to make, stuff to figure out, appointments to attend with my husband ... it was a full on week!

Today, I have nothing I have to do, so I'll try to find my head and reattach it.

In the middle of all that I was able to complete the bowel screen test my doctor has been strongly encouraging me to do. In Australia, we do an at-home bowel screen test. If nothing shows up, then we're good for 2 years. If something shows up, then we go for a colonoscopy or something. So far, I've never had a colonoscopy.

Machka in Oz

Did you go in yet for your 6 month- full body scan??

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Today I am going to try to figure out where I left off, just over a week ago, before things got so hectic!

For those that don't know, I work a 9-day fortnight and last week was one of my 5-day weeks.

I had meetings piled on meetings, work to do in the evenings, heaps of decisions to make, stuff to figure out, appointments to attend with my husband ... it was a full on week!

Today, I have nothing I have to do, so I'll try to find my head and reattach it.

In the middle of all that I was able to complete the bowel screen test my doctor has been strongly encouraging me to do. In Australia, we do an at-home bowel screen test. If nothing shows up, then we're good for 2 years. If something shows up, then we go for a colonoscopy or something. So far, I've never had a colonoscopy.

Machka in Oz

Did you go in yet for your 6 month- full body scan??

No ... my skin doctor is away till October. I'll get it done then. I haven't noticed anything suspicious.

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options

Belated welcome @bonhalp. Yes you CAN. Start with baby steps, log everything that you eat/drink. It’s a real eye-opener.
    Rebecca thanks for the Gesualdo Six recommendation. Found ‘em on YouTube. Brilliant. Just listened to “Gaudete”. Chills.
    Rori “free of drama and has a warm, positive outlook on life” AND Mars like him? Happy to hear it!
    Heather “…all the things I have learnt about life, healing and growth” sounds like you could fill an encyclopedia! ;)
    Lanette yes please do tell, would love to hear the courting story.
    Lisa love your positive attitude story.
    Ginny :cry: that’s the sad other side of the “…never know what may happen” coin. ((hugs))
    Debbie :love: ;your spice rack. Well done!
    Annie sounds like a successful and reasonable shopping compromise.
    Michele sorry to hear about Jerry’s situation.
    Tracey the shirts you made for Rodger made me laugh out loud!
    Only thru pg 30 but time to snoozzzze.
    7/10 gratitude: getting closer to line dance “Another one bites the dust.”
    07/09: Move: 2 sets PT w/ dogs to powerline. Steps:4303 :P
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=18 CI=1483 CO=353
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, rX, church. Wt: 131.2

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2023: Be of good cheer. July: Move more, fuel better (less sugar), live NOW.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    I'm a little frustrated with not being able to exercise right now.

When I can exercise regularly, I keep control of my weight and even lose weight.
    Exercise is also great stress relief.

On the topic of retirement ... I'm years away, but one of my hopes is that I'll be able to exercise more whenever I can retire!!

I was hoping to get into the garden today, but I would have needed to kneel and that's not an option right now.

So instead, I ...
    ... washed my sheets and hung them out to dry (with a little help from my husband).
    ... gave the bathroom a quick clean.
    ... tidied the dressing room.
    ... and waded through some of my emails from the past couple weeks, dealing with them. I had missed a payment in there because last week's chaos just put it right out of my mind. Oops.

Machka in Oz

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    Options
    Barbie: 🥰 the red Tesla. Have fun figuring out all the features.
    Machka: That’s rotten luck about your knee. Hope I doesn’t take too long to mend.

We are helping DGSon to sort out the kitchen in his new apartment. Delivered the donated kitchen cupboards to him this morning.

Have a great day

☘️ Terri
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,268 Member
    Options
    Quiet day. Catching up with The Archers-a very long running radio serial. It's dealing with the subject of brain tumour at the moment

I knew there was a cauliflower in the fridge, but couldn't face the faff of making cauliflower cheese, so I asked DH to make it 😅. I did go out and buy some bacon to put on the top. Also tomato juice for me. I'm trying to cut down on alcohol and I really like a very spicy tomato juice.
    I'm still on low simple carbs and getting along OK. Had beetroot in my lunch salad.

Painting session today ✨️

Love Heather UK x