NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Yaaay on a bit more water. I hope you get some answers for your knee problem. How about using your Tonal since it's too hot to walk outside?

@cbabie Eventually you will find a plan that works for you.

Yesterday:
    Food over 13 carbs under 24 calories
    Exercise: 22 min walk
    Water 34 oz

Today:
    Food under 7 carbs, under 242 calories
    Exercise 1 hr 26 min cardio/weights/stretching
    Water 68 oz

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @cbabie Oh the poor baby. I hope he feels better soon. I like this philosophy you are taking on. It sounds healthy. I honestly don't know how you can stand that heat! I can't stand the 90s lol.

@theslightedgeforever More on that in a minute. But unfortunately, the time I have to exercise: breaks at work, I cannot take the Tonal with me, unfortunately. :D You are doing really well. Yay!

Hello all. So, doctor's appt: she basically said my weight isn't helping/is the cause. She also said part of the cause is weak quads. I have something called patellofemoral syndrome. She also did an x-ray because something more might be going on. She doesn't want me to go for walks. She doesn't want me to use the Tonal. She does want me to do rehab exercises on YouTube. She wants me to take Naproxen twice a day for a week to calm the inflammation down and then I can start the walks. I am going to wait until after my convention (Fri and Sat) before I start the rehab exercises.

With all this in mind, I ate rather well after my doctor's appt. I had a salad with air-fried shrimp. I did finish the rum-raisin ice cream that I had in the freezer. I decided no more of that. If I want ice cream, I'll get Skinny Cow bars or something like that.

Water yesterday: 30 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld I'm glad you got a diagnosis. The good thing about strengthening your quads is that more muscle mass means higher metabolism which makes it easier to lose weight.

I was doing something similar today and I can't put my shoulders flat against the wall first off. Then I was supposed to keep arms on the wall and reach across and touch one hand to the other.
    I couldn't even reach. I think it's shoulder range of motion. So I guess I'll be working on therapy exercises to try and fix that.

Today:
    Food over 22 carbs, under 126 calories
    Exercise 30 min hill/sprint program 6 min wall pilates
    Water 34 oz
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Yes. Sounds like you'll be looking up physical therapy exercises on YouTube, too. Good job yesterday.

Hi all. My x-rays came back, I have moderate arthritis in my left knee. I am looking into water aerobics classes. I am making changes. I didn't put creamer in my coffee this morning, that's a big step for me. I am going to Comic-Con (pop culture convention) today and tomorrow, hopefully, I'm not in too much pain. I will take my naproxen.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • trooworld
    Options
    I lost 0.8 lbs since last week.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Woohoo on the weight loss. Keep it going. Sorry about the arthritis and enjoy Comic-Con. Who are you most interested in seeing?

Food: Over 2 carbs, Over 31 calories
    Exercise: 37 min walk
    Water: 51 oz
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Thank you! Well, I never go to see the stars. The lines are too long for those people and I'm just not that interested. Plus, because of the writer's strike, they aren't here this year. I go to see authors and artists. Yesterday, I went to panels with Junji Ito (he writes/illustrates very scary graphic novels) and TJ Klune (House in the Cerulean Sea, Under the Whispering Door, In the Lives of Puppets...more but these are the ones I have read). I went to a couple other random panels but these were my favorites. Wow, great job yesterday! Work on that water. ;)

Hi all. I walked over 20,000 steps yesterday. My knee was okay until the end of the day when it started hurting. We went for lunch downtown and we saw this Maleficent. We went to a Mexican restaurant. I had shrimp fajitas which were a better choice than some options but I ate too much. We stayed at Comic-Con until about 5:00-5:30. More today.

Water yesterday: 75 oz

y1tva3hyxz5o.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Yaaay on your steps. Good job. I would have hated to have tickets for comic con this year and then nobody to see because of the strike. But good on them for the strike. Although it will delay some of my shows. lol I loved the Maleficent costume. I was telling my dd and mispronounced the name and she started laughing.

Food: not over or under carbs, under 200 calories
    Exercise: none
    Water 17 oz.

Obviously I didn't work on my water today. I had planned to go to the gym at 6 and got up to get dressed and noticed the hard rain outside and thunderstorms. I thought it would blow over after 30 min but it didn't. When it finally finished too lazy to go to the gym. So it's on the schedule for tomorrow.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Thank you. Yeah, some people were probably upset but I didn't mind because we never go to the panels with the stars (they are too crowded--- you have to wait hours in line for them!). Yes, it will delay some of our shows boo! That name is hard to pronounce, I trip up on it every time I say it too. Good job with eating! Too bad about the gym. My water wasn't much better.

Hi all. We lasted until about 3-4 pm yesterday, my hips and knee just couldn't take it. On top of that, I had a blister on my toe. Today, my hips are still aching. I am not going to do too much today, just recover and make my breakfast for next week. I also have to get groceries. This was my final count for steps for the two days...

maftrxj75heu.jpg
    pj8tkvkivna4.jpg
  • trooworld
    Options
    And here are more Comic-Con pics...

zcb7hs5i9zc3.jpg
    t8ks3t2wco85.jpg
    heos8tlwntgq.jpg
    qfo5zht8ivbk.jpg
    34c3a7sx0tmj.jpg
    o95m7zix0m1a.jpg
    zypcbu14amdm.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @trooworld Excellent job on the steps. Lots of movement. I'm the kind of person who waits in lines for hours. lol Has to be someone I'd really want to see though. Nice pics.

We went and saw Indiana Jones movie today. My daughter was like so many old people are here. I said not old, they are my age and we all saw the original. I can't believe that's been 42 years ago. That's wild.

Food: under 36 carbs, under 55 calories
    Exercise: 1 hr 10 min cardio/strength training/stretching
    Water: 66 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    I don't think I've ever been here by myself.

Food: over 4 carbs, over 16 calories
    Exercise: 1 hr 12 min cardio/strength training
    Water: 81 oz
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Thank you! You would have fun at Comic-Con then, plenty of lines to wait in lol. I do not have that kind of patience. Wow, 42 years ago, that's amazing! How was the movie? That's funny what your daughter said. Great job on the 23rd and 24th! Yeah, I was in a hurry yesterday lol. Sorry to leave you by yourself. Where is everyone else???

So yesterday was a terrible day at work: 5 of my coworkers in my department got laid off. It was sad and scary and unexpected. Not even our director knew it was going to happen. It wasn't the only reason it was a terrible day, in the morning something happened to throw us in a tizzy, but this was the worst thing. I don't know how we'll function without these people. They had expertise, were our friends, and now we are short-staffed. My husband and I went out for a drink and appetizers to talk about it. We got poke for dinner to go.

On another note, I seem to have brought an extra souvenir home from Comic-Con: my throat is beginning to get sore. I hope it's not Covid.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Afternoon, I am here.....My days have been full and my nights short..LOL. I am feeling better and learning what foods just are not agreeing with me. I hope to be on here better, but I am learning not to stress over things I can't get to as my routines are changing. I feel as if I live in someone else's life.LOL. This is mine and I am tweaking it for me.

@trooworld So glad you know what you have and what to do to help it. Do you sleep with a pillow between your knees? I tried that when my back hurt and they told me it helps align your hips which takes the pressure off your back... Glad you got to go and enjoy the Comic-Con, hope you didn't get covid..

@theslightedgeforever you are doing so good while you are visiting your daughter. I am so proud of you..

cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld Hope you feel better and that it's not covid. Funny now that always seems to be our first thought when we have a symptom. Yesterday a lady was coughing in the gym and I kept thinking that better not be covid, I'm getting ready to go on a trip. That's scary about the lay-off. I'm glad you made the cut.

@cbabie So glad you are finding out what works for you. I'm doing much better this year here than last. I was re-reading my Penzu journal from this time last year and I had already gained 6 lbs. Right now I'm at a 4.5 lb loss. This upcoming trip will throw off my schedule so I need to get right back into my routine when I return.

Today we went to see Barbie It was so good. Especially for those of us that actually played with Barbies. The set design and outfits were perfect. Lots of good messaging in there. Then we went to the county fair. I love cows so I went around a waved at some and mooed back at others. I didn't do too bad on the fair food. I went over calories. 1/2 Hawaiian smoothie, 2 Grandma's cookies, an a philly cheese steak. I could have done worse and did at last year's MN state fair and the year before that at IA state fair. But I decided to get what I really want and then half the junk.

Food: 10 carbs over, 225 calories over
    Exercise: 32 min walk but also lots of walking around at the fair. 10571 steps.
    Water: 80 oz.
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m here! 👋
    I’m actually in the bath, trying to shake off the day. I’m not doing well physical or mental health-wise, but just booked to give blood so that is one thing I can be positive about 😊

@cbabie so glad to hear the foods are starting to make sense! Yay for you and your persistence 😁👏
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie That's good you are feeling better. Are you keeping a journal of the foods that don't agree with you? Good that you aren't stressing over things. I do not sleep with a pillow between my knees, mostly, I sleep on my back. Sometimes I sleep on my side though, so maybe the next time my hips hurt, I will try that, thanks. I sure hope I didn't get covid either!

@theslightedgeforever Thanks. My throat is still sore and I'm low energy but not getting worse. I think the same thing when people cough. I'm glad I made the cut, too, but it very easily could have been me, too. I want to see Barbie. I'll probably go soon. I played with Barbies, she was a big part of my childhood. Yum about the fair. Sounds like it was yummy and fun.

@Tamevv I've been wondering about you! I'm glad to see you. I'm sorry you are struggling. Yay for donating blood, I do that too. :D

Hi all. I left work early yesterday, partially because I felt so bad about the layoffs and partially because I was feeling physically sick. I don't feel much better today but I'll go in. Because we are now short-staffed, I have to start going in on Thursdays. The only day I will work from home is now Friday. That's a good day to work from home. I'm doing okay food-wise although I did eat a donut yesterday: I brought donuts in to work to cheer everyone up.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

• Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi @trooworld Hope it’s a better day for you today. Friday is my day at home too and I totally hang out for it every week 😁

• trooworld
    Options
    @Tamevv Thank you! That's pretty much what I do lol, I do work a little but mostly, it's a relaxing day. :D

Hi all. My director sent me home early yesterday because my throat was sore and he also knew how upset I was over the layoffs. I came home and fiddled around with something I got off Facebook Marketplace: a continuous glucose monitor. No, I'm not diabetic (but I am pre-diabetic), I just want to learn what the foods I eat are doing to me. I also signed up for MFP Premium and began tracking here. I switched from Healthi because Healthi doesn't give you the option to track on a website or import recipes and those are two crucial features for me. Yesterday, I was over in my cals by 797 cals. Not a good start. But at least I know where I am.

Water yesterday: 44 oz

• theslightedgeforever
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @Tamevv A bath sounds so relaxing. I hope things look up for you soon. Good for you for donating blood. I had to stop donating blood because my hemoglobin kept being low. I have th good blood they need too. lol

@trooworld Hope you feel better soon. Fridays off is fun. At least you tracked everything and now you can figure out how to make tracking on MFP work for you.

Yesterday:
    Food: 34 carbs under, 401 calories under
    Exercise: 1 hr 5 min hill/sprint program, walk, stretching
    Water: 34 oz.

Today:
    Food: 1 carb under, 29 calories under
    Exercise: 1 hr 33 min cardio, strength training, stretching
    Water: 51 oz.

I lost 1 lb this week.