LESS Alcohol ~ JULY 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,629 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 18AF days in May.

I do this diary style:

Saturday July 22 - AF - Planned AF for Sunday also, 2 jobs for Monday, so we'll see about Monday night.
    Sunday July 23 - AF - I will have to find some time to cut my grass! Not this morning since I am watering, and plan to do the same tomorrow since it is so hot and stuff dries out quickly. I might have drinks tonight after the completion of my second job of the day. We'll see.
    Monday July 24 - AF - I was home from work too late to contemplate having drinks. Today I finish at 3:30pm, so maybe I will have a couple since tomorrow is also an early one and then split shifts the rest of the week. Wow, hit my 16 already! Nice to not be scrambling to get them in near the end of the month.

Rolling total: 16AF days out of 24 days.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    Appreciate the tip from @tmbg1 about ashwaganda. Not sure where to buy drops but it's on my list. If it can't harm me, I will try it :).

Pretty soon the weather will get cool and we'll all be able to go outside like @dawnbgethealthy!

I was AF yesterday but had a bubbles can of wine today just because it was irritatingly hot and I was tired and it seemed to cool me down.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @globalhiker

No outside time for me recently. Very hot, plus I only get about 1/2 hour to eat and change between jobs. I have been inside. I did get once to the lake this summer, and am planning to take 2 days off next week by hell or highwater after working 12 days straight either 2 jobs or split shifts. My lawn and garden are neglected, I will find time to cut the grass one of these days! Starting today on I am working splits with 1.75 hrs off in between, but it is way too hot by that time of day to get anything done outside, and not enough time to get to a lake.

You might remember St. Mary's River, we would have seen it between Cranbrook and Kimberley. Wildfires burning all around there, they are calling it the St. Mary's River fire.
    Yesterday was very windy, which of course only fanned the flames.
    BC is all trees.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

I had 18AF days in May.

I do this diary style:

Tuesday July 25 - 2 drinks. I had expected only a short shift for Wednesday, thus I had drinks. Now I will be working instead, I found out early this morning. Planned AF now until Saturday night after work.

Rolling total: 16AF days out of 25 days.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Spent the afternoon at a small beach with DD and grandkids. Boy that sun took a lot out of me. Glad I have some good vegetarian enchiladas for leftovers to reheat. AF until Friday or Saturday.

July goal: 21-22 AF days
    AF - 16
    A - 9
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options

I had 18AF days in May.

I do this diary style:

Tuesday July 25 - 2 drinks. I had expected only a short shift for Wednesday, thus I had drinks. Now I will be working instead, I found out early this morning. Planned AF now until Saturday night after work.
    Wednesday July 26 - AF - Easy to stay AF when I know that I have busy/long workdays following.

Rolling total: 17AF days out of 26 days.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    10 A and 17 AF
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I woke up with that “haggard” look today. I had one glass of wine after work, then came home to a poured glass of wine with dinner, courtesy of my husband, and of course drank it. I definitely did not stick to my one drink per day limit this week.

Today I am playing nine holes but it’s going to be HOT! So time to pre-hydrate- and save my alcohol for after we play. Then hopefully a nap before we meet friends for dinner.