NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Thanks. I'm feeling better now, emotionally and physically. I'm not technically off today but it's a lazy day lol. True! Wow, you are doing awesome! Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I'm really liking MFP now. I look forward to getting it all down and getting below my macros for the day. Yesterday, I was over in cals by 578. I did lose 1.4 lbs this week. I am using a premium feature, the fasting thing. I am fasting 12 hours+ a day. Yesterday, I fasted for 13 hours. I may go to water aerobics tonight, I don't know.

Water yesterday: 120 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hello all. I didn't go to water aerobics. I have a real fear of new places, especially in a bathing suit. I need to get over it and just go. I am going to look at murals in a part of the city that I've never been today with some coworkers. One of them is a coworker that got laid off on Monday, so it will be good to see her. I didn't do as well with water yesterday as I did on Thursday, I only got in 60 oz.

Water yesterday: 60 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @trooworld I’m sure it would be hard to go somewhere new in a bathing suit but look at the benefits. If you conquer this you can conquer anything. Yaaay on your weight loss.

Well I’m in Alaska right now for the week. Got here this afternoon

Food: under 10 carbs. Under 35 calories
    Exercise: no intentional exercise but got in 12000+ steps
    Water 24 Oz

• trooworld
    edited July 2023
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Yes. True! :D Alaska! Wow, I do envy all your traveling. How long are you there for? Good job with the food and exercise. Whoa about the water.

@cbabie you okay?

Well, I had a fun day yesterday: I went to Chicano Park here in San Diego and here are some pictures. It was really cool. We also went to the newly opened Chicano Park Museum and Cultural Center which is really small but interesting. The murals in Chicano Park are painted on freeway underpasses, the pillars under the roadways. There are about 40 murals! We didn't see all of them because we were short on time. This began in the 1970s. We ate at an authenticish Mexican restaurant, I had beef enchiladas. It was really enjoyable. After I picked up my husband later, we went to have a drink and sit and people watch, that was fun too. We picked up Chinese food for dinner but I didn't eat any of it, I was still full from lunch. I guess I'll eat some of it tomorrow for lunch as I have lunch plans today.

Today, I AM going to Aqua Zumba at a nearby YMCA. Then I'm meeting up with a good friend for Thai food. At some point, I need to make a frittata to eat for this next week's breakfast.

Water yesterday: 45 oz

se848k81byth.jpg
    1vbfmeru38vb.jpg
    e9kx1hky8ix0.jpg
    a2108ufuc26c.jpg
    p7xgf6xv8auz.jpg
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever You're doing awesome with food! And exercise seems on point too - great effort!!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Tamevv How are you doing?

Hi all. I did make it to Aqua Zumba yesterday morning, despite my anxiety. It had all the things I like about Zumba (the music, the movements) without the stuff I hate about it (my lack of coordination can be seen by all, the confusion). I had a smile on my face the whole time! I had so much fun. As you can see, it was a good workout (I didn't think water aerobics could be such a good workout). I plan on going back, I just have to decide to which class. I'm still working on the food: I went out for lunch yesterday with a friend and unfortunately, it was a really authentic Thai place. The only thing I recognized was pad thai so I got that. I had hoped for fresh spring rolls and chicken skewers but that wasn't on the menu. For dinner, I made tacos. It put me way over but I will try again today.

Water yesterday: 36 oz

dupdidjhx4k0.png
  • trooworld
    Options
    Wow, two days in a row, nobody but me! That's weird. I know @theslightedgeforever is galavanting in Alaska but what about anyone else?

Yesterday was the closest I've been to being in my macro range since beginning to track in MFP. I was over cals by 75, under in carbs, fiber and sugar and over in fat. I woke up with my lower back hurting, I think I slept wrong.

Water yesterday: 95 oz

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Where is this summer going? Can’t believe it’s August already. Work and class have been keeping me very busy. How has everyone been?
  • trooworld
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Right? Everything good with you? I've been okay.

Hi all. I finally ended the day yesterday under my calories by 108, under protein 6 g, 44 g carbs but over in fat by 2 g. I had a good amount of water. Not much else going on.

Water yesterday: 107 oz

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Hi all (trooworld) LOL. I have been with a sick baby and there just has not been time for me. He is crying in his crib right now, (just woke up from SHORT nap). So making this short. I am alive, but busy with a baby and my daughter starts kindergarten tomorrow...so until I get my routine down...LOL I will post as much as possible, but working on my health.

@trooworld I love those pictures of the park...very detailed. I am glad you are doing better.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie LOL! Yes, it's mostly just been me! I'm so sorry the baby is sick. How's the baby now? Baby girl is starting kindergarten! I can't believe it. I hope all goes well today. I'm glad to hear you are working on your health.

Hi all. Yesterday, I was under as well. I'm doing pretty good. I drank a lot of water yesterday, I hope to drink the same amount, or more, today. Just wanted to report this.

Water yesterday: 120 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Well I have a minute and want to check in. My hubby is helping with the baby. Well first day wet well, she loved it and her words were....I had a really good, good, good day. She came home, washed her hands, changed clothes and has been playing in her room since. She only goes 3 hours, but it's enough. Baby is a little better, still fussy, but right now is playing. I will keep doing the little things until they become big things for my health.

@trooworld glad you drank lots of water...that's one of the things I am making a consistent habit. 120 oz is a lot...I get about 64 or a little more..so I guess I had better step it up. LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Awww, that is so cute about baby girl's first day! 3 hours is a good starting amount. That way, she'll get used to being away from home. I'm glad the little guy is a bit better. Yes, I've been doing really well with water. I'm glad you are, too. 64 oz is a good amount!

Hi all. I lost 2.2 lbs this week, which I am very excited about. It would have been more but I ate pasta for dinner last night. I think using MFP to track, drinking lots of water, getting in a bit of exercise is working. I plan on joining the YMCA so I can go to classes regularly but my husband wants me to go once a week for 2 months as a non-member to make sure I will go as a paid member. Fair enough. I may go to a class tonight, I don't know.

Water yesterday: 95 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, well it's afternoon here. LOL. 2nd day at School went well. I am not sleeping as much, trying to get all my stuff done...I don't think I ever will. LOL. I want to do too much. Baby just hangs on you all day..and tries to bite you...He doesn't understand he can't bite...I need to get back to tracking...I know that is really the key. I just am not good at it..so it's time to focus on one thing. water is/was my first goal...I guess I should put tracking next, then movement..

@trooworld I used to belong to the Y, my boss and I would go every night after work. It was on the way home..sort of. LOL They had a great step class. I think DH is right, Try it to see if you even like it or it works with your schedule/life. LOL I think if my boss wasn't going with me, I would have not gone as much.

Cbabie
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, well it's afternoon here. LOL. 2nd day at School went well. I am not sleeping as much, trying to get all my stuff done...I don't think I ever will. LOL. I want to do too much. Baby just hangs on you all day..and tries to bite you...He doesn't understand he can't bite...I need to get back to tracking...I know that is really the key. I just am not good at it..so it's time to focus on one thing. water is/was my first goal...I guess I should put tracking next, then movement..

@trooworld I used to belong to the Y, my boss and I would go every night after work. It was on the way home..sort of. LOL They had a great step class. I think DH is right, Try it to see if you even like it or it works with your schedule/life. LOL I think if my boss wasn't going with me, I would have not gone as much.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Tracking is very important. Focusing on one thing is a great idea. Water is a good starting place! Yeah, I belonged to the Y a few years ago and loved it. I am excited to get back to it. Yeah, as much as I hate to admit it lol, the hubby is right!

Hi all. I went way over my cals yesterday: it started off with us stopping at happy hour for a couple of beers. Then when we got home, I did NOT feel like cooking so we ordered poke delivery. That's pretty healthy but it was still 700 cals! At the same time, we ordered ice cream delivery. :( But today is a new day. I am going to a stretch class at the Y this morning.

Water yesterday: 62 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning, I did okay yesterday, no exercise though. I am going to sit down today to try to meal plan for the week. I have to get my ducks in a row, I don't do well in chaos. LOL. I am taking time for me everyday, it could be something as little as I wash my face at night before going to bed, at least it was something just for me and my benefit.

@trooworld you are right today is another day and you get to choose how to make it work for you. I am glad you are going for stretching. I think that is very important and I know I need to do some...so do double one for me and one for you..LOL.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I think meal planning really helps. Chaos...I don't think anyone does well in it lol. That's great you are taking time for yourself. Also important. Thanks, I really liked the stretching class. I think my hubby would, too.

Hi all. The stretching class was very good. It felt so good to do and it was 55 minutes long so my body was limbered up by the time I left. I had another indulgent day yesterday but it was mostly wine that was indulgent + ice cream. The ice cream is gone now, so I don't have to worry about that lol. I'm going to meet a friend for coffee this morning and then go to Aqua Zumba.

Water yesterday: 48 oz

• trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. I went to Aqua Zumba yesterday. The instructor was about 15-20 mins late so while I waited, I did exercises in the pool. I ended up burning 586 cals from the exercises and Aqua Zumba. Later, I made my breakfast for the week: Savory Zucchini Waffles https://www.skinnytaste.com/zucchini-waffles/ I will pair them with Morningstar Farms veggie sausages.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

• trooworld
    Options
    Dancing with myself, ooh ooh dancing with myself!

HAHAHA Yes, it is just me again. Someone please chime in, I'm lonely! :D I had a doctor's appt yesterday afternoon so I left work early. After my appt, I decided to go to water aerobics at the Y. It was okay, it wasn't as good as Aqua Zumba: the music is better in Aqua Zumba. But I burned about the same amount of calories, so I guess that's good. Okay, that's it. I guess there is only so much I can talk about to myself lol.

Water yesterday: 58 oz