Team UK - seeking a revival!

Options

Replies

• M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Hiya
    im in, currently in maintainance but still tracking.been here since jan and have managed to lose about 38lbs. I stay within muy 5lb range. Of 8st 9- 8st 13lbs. Have completed c25and now love to run. I joined my local running club and hoping to do a Half marathon sometime next year,thats the plan anyways. Also love jillian michael dvds too. Anyhoo thats me
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My names Clare and I'm a 28yr old mum of three. I started my journey back in February five months after having my third child. I have been mainly concentrating on diet and making sure I'm moving about more than I used to. I have gone from 205lb to 145lb and my goal weight is 125lb. It's great to meet you all
  • nic81081
    nic81081 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. I'm Nic from Glasgow. I've been using MFP on and off for the last 18 months. I lost 22lb for my wedding in June and have been stuggling to get back into things. I work in a hospice as a staff nurse and work long shifts. I tend to find that if i am organised then i do well but i also want to be able to live a little from time to time and not have to watch every single calorie that goes into my mouth (ie. birthdays and special occasions). Feel free to add me and we can support each other in our goals. My first new goal is to have lost a total of 28lbs or more by Christmas. Good luck everyone :flowerforyou:
  • daftbint1979
    Options
    Hi can i join please? Unfortunatelyi cannot promise how often I post though asi work ridiculos hours to pay the bills after my husband left two years ago.
    Most challenges etc chuck u outifu miss the weigh in daytwice and i cant always guarantee i can get on a computer as most of my work shifts are dropped on me last minute.
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Welcome everybody :) Good to see so many UK people around!

Don't worry if you can't commit to a certain amount of posting, we are really just supporting each other whenever we can in the thread. Some people post their weigh ins, others don't. It's completely up to you how often you post (and what you post about) although obviously regular posting is what keeps the thread going.

I just read that apparently in the US a 'biscuit' is like a muffin.... weird!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I think they're like our toasting muffins. Ish.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I think they're like our toasting muffins. Ish.

When I've had biscuits in the us they've been more like dumplings. But baked. Hard to describe. They serve them with a creamy gravy for breakfast....
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Fab start to a revival!! :happy:

Me, I go by Kendra Fallon here, which is name I took in Second Life. I've been on MFP for while. My weight loss journey has been up and down, but then that's life.

I work for the NHS in IT, live in Leicester and have a tendency to be blunt with my words - I try very hard to say what I mean and mean what I say, it just doesn't always come out that way!!.

Anything else you want to know, ask :smile:
  • miss_shinobi
    miss_shinobi Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Count me in please! Im Rachael, Im 28 and I live in manchester. I've been using MFP for about a month but need some motivation and want to become a bit more commited with my exercise! I'm hoping that you guys can help as your in the same time zone! I've recently just started jogging and am now up to 5k twice a week and try to fit in 30 day shred whenever i can, but my problem is i commit for a week then end up giving up for a week and i wanna break this cycle so im consistant!

So hello to everyone - it's nice to meet you all! And here's to the success of team UK!
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I forgot to say I'm from surrey. As for biscuit/muffins in gravy for breakfast I think i will pass lol. Feel free to add me anyone if you like
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Have lost about 7-8 stones in the last 4 years. Joined MFP to lose the last 4 stone after having my kid. Have lost 10 pounds so far x
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    As for biscuit/muffins in gravy for breakfast I think i will pass lol. Feel free to add me anyone if you like
    Each to their own!! Sounds interesting, I wouldn't knock it without trying it first :happy:
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Count me in please! Im Rachael, Im 28 and I live in manchester.

Yey! Manchester!
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I've done my 30ds for today - on day 15 now so half way through (yay!) I can def tell a big difference in my hip area already,c ant wait to see the finished results now!
  • xsophiedollx
    Options
    I'm definitely in for this :D

How do I join?

xxxx
  • Rivah67
    Rivah67 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Rivah mum to 5, 1 girl who's 26 and four boys 12 to 19. I'm form Hampshire. and need all the friends and help I can get. So feel free to add me:flowerforyou:
  • MarinaPacheco
    MarinaPacheco Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Marina, I've been living in London for the last fifteen years. I've been dieting since primary school! So I want to stop that, get in control of my weight yo-yoing and finally feel happy with myself. I've been on MFP since June and so far it's working really well for me - even got me back to doing some exercise which is great. Good to meet all of you and here's wishing everyone success.

9141102.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I'll join!

I'm Laura, I'm 29 and from Birmingham. I've lost around 30lbs so far and want to lose probably another 20-25ish. I'm currently doing Zumba twice a week (trying out a third class tonight) and I'm on day 14 of the 30 Day Shred :happy:
  • LilMissFoodie
    Options
    I've done my 30ds for today - on day 15 now so half way through (yay!) I can def tell a big difference in my hip area already,c ant wait to see the finished results now!

Well done! I think I am going to start the shred again - I was having a great time with it and was mid way through level 2 but then I had a nasty job interview and somehow my shot confidence led to giving up on my shredding!
  • LilMissFoodie
    Options
    As for biscuit/muffins in gravy for breakfast I think i will pass lol. Feel free to add me anyone if you like
    Each to their own!! Sounds interesting, I wouldn't knock it without trying it first :happy:

hahaha yep, sounds awful to me! (although usually I love anything with gravy!). Not too sure about trying everything first Kendra. I'm pretty adventurous with food, but then I saw that post yesterday about the balut (fully formed duck embryos cooked inside the egg)... ewwww, just looking at it made me feel ill!