What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,828 Member
    Options
    Sofiapilla wrote: »
    Also, I’m wondering if I’m going to lose my toenails because I have bruises on them

Of its severe enough, yes

*sigh* I JUST got a pedicure

Did this come from your race ?

Yeah, it was a 20 mile hike which was about 6 miles and about 2000 more feet of elevation than I was used to. I finished but it wasn’t pretty and now I have bruised toenails, a blister on the bottom of one foot, and a couple of weird chafing spots.

eta: you didn’t ask but the whole thing didn’t give me the sense of accomplishment & euphoria I’d hoped for. I felt old & out of shape

I learned recently that when you do something hard but it doesn’t make the reward center of your brain go brrr then that means your brain learned from that experience that not everything is about the reward and thanks to neuroplasticity you have begun to wire a new connection whereby you get better at doing things even when you don’t feel like it ie discipline

So let’s call it a victory

I will consider this. It was a long hike and there were a lot of people and it’s a lot to process. It’s amazing how much can happen to think about in just a few hours
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    Also, I’m wondering if I’m going to lose my toenails because I have bruises on them

Yeah, it was a 20 mile hike which was about 6 miles and about 2000 more feet of elevation than I was used to. I finished but it wasn’t pretty and now I have bruised toenails, a blister on the bottom of one foot, and a couple of weird chafing spots.

eta: you didn’t ask but the whole thing didn’t give me the sense of accomplishment & euphoria I’d hoped for. I felt old & out of shape

But it’s still badass that you did it! So congrats and I don’t think you’d lose your toenails from this. I’ll get the same thing on my pinky toe at times.

Thank you ☺️

eta:
    This view though
    q6s284r2u07x.jpeg

Wow! Amazing view
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options

But it’s still badass that you did it! So congrats and I don’t think you’d lose your toenails from this. I’ll get the same thing on my pinky toe at times.

Thank you ☺️

eta:
    This view though
    q6s284r2u07x.jpeg

You accomplished that view. Total win.

And toenails grow back. Usually.
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited August 2023
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Thank you ☺️

eta:
    This view though
    q6s284r2u07x.jpeg

You accomplished that view. Total win.

And toenails grow back. Usually.
    😂

that view is local to me and I know the cheat code to see it without doing 20 miles. However, this is the first time I’ve earned it.

Thank you for the cautiously optimistic news about the toenails 😂❤️
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

Are your hikers / running shoes a size big?? If not I would suggest as this could be why that happened - some dude at the running shoe store I went was a marathoner and suggested this - it stuck with me

• itchmyTwitch
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Are your hikers / running shoes a size big?? If not I would suggest as this could be why that happened - some dude at the running shoe store I went was a marathoner and suggested this - it stuck with me

They are about a half size too big and I have funny shaped feet: very very wide forefoot and average size heel. So I either need to get custom shoes or learn some better lock lacing techniques. But honestly, the down hills on that long a hike are probably always going to kill me.

I might look into some more upscale brands of trail shoes for shorter hikes because why not
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    d4o4kukisuxj.png
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,216 Member
    Options
    I've a cut on my thumb....it hurts and is annoying
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    @kinetixtrainer2 @cowsfan12 @sophiapilar @glassyo
    Thanks for helping me do a postmortem on my hike. It was helpful.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    Hey you,

Congratulations 💍 🎉
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    My cancer drive today....the person lives super close to me. I like these ones
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    long days & short years
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Religious “cleaning experts” who think menstrual products are shameful & only boys play with lego.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Religious “cleaning experts” who think menstrual products are shameful & only boys play with lego.

Yikes!
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    My cancer drive today she's way you get than me...puts lots in perspective...I shouldn't complain about my random bruises
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Why do I keep smelling garlic
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

Is it on your fingers from when you prepped food earlier? That can be hard to get rid of. Ask me how I know.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    i9rbsef52vdp.gif
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

Is it on your fingers from when you prepped food earlier? That can be hard to get rid of. Ask me how I know.

How do you know?? Haha.

I had used garlic last night!!! I washed my hands since. It was fresh garlic maybe it's just stronger?