Let me know you a little better

Options

Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,220 Member
    Options
    I'm really good at throwing parties and can whip up a spread for one pretty quickly these days and always have food on hand that I can make a charcouterie board any time
  • Eltriste73
    Eltriste73 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I value time alone, peace and quiet, but I also value meeting people, listening to them and having interesting conversations.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Infant be bothered matching my socks. My friends now when they see me with a pair of matched socks comment. Life is easier wearing mismatched socks
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,589 Member
    Options
    The only mirrors in my house are the ones in the bathrooms.
    None in the bedroom,
    bad Feng Shui plus I just think mirrors are kinda creepy.
  • TotallyNirnroot
    TotallyNirnroot Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been doing so much doordash for a week now. The reason I've been working so hard? I want a cat. It's all so I can get a cat. (The actual adoption fee is only like $65 but I want to be plenty prepared to spoil my new kitty with toys and a water fountain and stuff.)

All the doordash money I've earned is just going towards the cat I plan to adopt. (Minus gas. I really need to refill my tank.)
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,038 Member
    Options
    I almost never let myself cry at a funeral. I can usually will myself not to. But if the will isn’t strong enough and I break, I can’t make myself stop. And I don’t want the family to feel like they have to console me so I just won’t let myself. Until I’m alone. I’ve had a lot of practice. And now I’m alone.
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I'm good at being a mom. Aside from that, I really don't know. And now that all my kids will be going to school full time, the doubts are setting in. I guess this is what happens to moms like me who become stay at home moms.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,830 Member
    Options
    I'm good at being a mom. Aside from that, I really don't know. And now that all my kids will be going to school full time, the doubts are setting in. I guess this is what happens to moms like me who become stay at home moms.

It’s such an unsettling feeling
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options

It’s such an unsettling feeling

Truly is. I think I just need a bit of time to adjust and things will start coming back to me.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

Is there anything you've always really wanted to do? Maybe a little part time job? You can volunteer. Find a hobby that takes up time and that's out of the house.
    I started volunteering and it's lots of fun and charities are always happy to have volunteers
  • honey_honey_12
    edited August 2023
    Options
    The older I’ve gotten the less makeup I wear daily.
    Almost every time I put the full face on, I look in the mirror and start wiping it off as I walk out the door.
    I think it just makes me look older.
    So many products settle in the wrinkles, creases and end up looking icky.
    Obviously I don’t really know the best way to do my makeup at this “mature” age.

ETA:
    I am addicted to buying all types of makeup.
    Foundation, eyeshadow, blushes, illuminators, bronzers, liners, etc.
    So dumb considering I don’t use them.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    The older I’ve gotten the less makeup I wear daily.
    Almost every time I put the full face on, I look in the mirror and start wiping it off as I walk out the door.
    I think it just makes me look older.
    So many products settle in the wrinkles, creases and end up looking icky.
    Obviously I don’t really know the best way to do my makeup at this “mature” age.

ETA:
    I am addicted to buying all types of makeup.
    Foundation, eyeshadow, blushes, illuminators, bronzers, liners, etc.
    So dumb considering I don’t use them.

Hey Mel - the next time you want to buy makeup just Venmo me instead - 😂
  • Ladyofthelakes23
    Ladyofthelakes23 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have so many pairs of shoes but rarely wear any 🥴
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    I’m perfectly happy sleeping on 250 thread count sheets.
    Don’t need no stinkin’ 600 thread count Egyptian cotton.
    😂
  • honey_honey_12
    edited August 2023
    Options
    When I was younger I would never say anything if my ordered food wasn’t right or if I needed something.
    I think because my mother always made a scene of some sort everywhere we went (not crazy stuff she’s just one of those people that come into a room like a whirlwind).

Anyway, now that I am much older I don’t let people walk over me.
    If you say something rude to me, I will tell you what I think about your lack of civility.
    If you get my order wrong, I will get in my car and drive back.

It’s a matter of principal.
    There is no reason why perfect strangers can’t smile and be polite to each other.

I don’t care what or who you are.
  • ___Tams___
    ___Tams___ Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I always try to see the good in people.